FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KingMe

Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)

I haven't been on that much this season due to my move but I was just curious what the Meta was looking like since the nerf. Has the frequency/potency of the quest changed dramatically or is it still out beating up Control decks?

35 minutes ago, KingMe said:

I haven't been on that much this season due to my move but I was just curious what the Meta was looking like since the nerf. Has the frequency/potency of the quest changed dramatically or is it still out beating up Control decks?

I haven't noticed that much of a change, to be honest.  The only real difference I have noticed, besides no quest rogues, is a few more priests.  Granted I haven't played that much this season either, I think I am sitting at rank 9 or 10 right now and only lost one or two games getting their.  My last 10 games in my replay files are (gunther mage, dragon priest, token shaman, jade druid, mid range paladin, secret mage, aggro druid, freeze mage, token shaman, elemental/spirit echo/jade/something shaman which was a really cool deck and my only loss in those 10 games).  So take that for what you will.  Been a pretty pleasant climb so far.

2 minutes ago, VaraTreledees said:

elemental/spirit echo/jade/something shaman which was a really cool deck

I ran that combo before and it can be pretty fun to play. 

I 've tried either playing with the nerfed Quest Rogue or against it and impressions are mixed.Clearly there are not as many out there as during pre-nerf,but some are defending themselves pretty nicely (couldn't say that though for yours truly!).My personal outcome was 3 wins and 2 losses against aggro paladins,quest warriors and a silence priest.

Honestly i would like to see the possible outcome of a successive nerf on some other quest,see how it would behave in different circumstances.What do you people think?

58 minutes ago, Karayan7 said:

Honestly i would like to see the possible outcome of a successive nerf on some other quest,see how it would behave in different circumstances.What do you people think?

Care to elaborate? 

53 minutes ago, KingMe said:

Care to elaborate? 

Gladly!As i already posted on my first-ever comment here,i had difficulty against quest warriors.Since i believe it's a fairly achievable quest in its present form,it would be IMO interesting to see a nerf towards something more challenging, p.e. maybe "summon 10 taunt minions" or even "use 7 different weapons". I cannot even closely understand the dynamics to create a quest in every meta but i am very interested in seeing "normal" players like myself get more involved in serious gameplay with the pros.

I think there is a pretty high chance, that Blizzard will push the curent Quests a bit with the next Set. At least the ones, that don't see any play (so, all of them, exept Warrior, Rogue and maybe Mage). The Hunter-Deathknight-card seems to be a good example: giving you a chance to fill your hand again in a deck that mostly consists of 1-drops. Also "Prince Kaleseth" might also buff The Marsh Queen. Lifeleech buffs control-warlock, which might enable Lakkari Sacrifice or "Shallow Gravedigger" with Awaken the Makers. The Quest are such an iconic addition with the Un'goro-Set, that Blizzard might be a bit disappointing to see only a few of them actually being played.

But to answer this threads question: So far I saw ONE The Caverns Below-deck so...but I only had time for 10 matches or so since the patch. I encountered it with my (or basically Brian Kiblers) midrange-priest, which was an extremly bad matchup before the nerf. So how did it turn out? The Rogue played some Igneous ElementalFire Fly and Shadowstep and got the Quest done in turn 5...the rest was me wiping the board a few times, before getting smashed by a neverending flood of 5/5's.

I think the nerf made The Caverns Below somewhat less reliable...but when it gets the stuff it needs, it might be as powerful (and annoying) as before.

Edited by Taan