Zadina

Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl

6 posts in this topic

kNS28WS.png

A new Tavern Brawl has been introduced this week by Ahune the Frost Lord himself.

In this Brawl, you will play as either Uther or Jaina. They both have premade decks and Uther is reportedly slightly better than Jaina, which is interesting since Mage usually dominates in Tavern Brawls.

Here is Uther's deck:

Utcfu1E.png

Jaina uses a Reno deck, minus the Reno:

Jwogj75.png

Both heroes are immune to damage and they cannot be healed nor keep armor. The only way to damage them is by killing the Ragnaros? minions. These are 1/4 minions and there is one of them at each side of the board. They cannot attack and upon death they deal 4 damage to the opponent of the current player. This means that you can kill both minions (the one on your side and the one on your opponent's side) and your opponent will take all the damage. Moreover, once a Ragnaros? dies, a new one will appear thus making it possible to kill multiple of them in one turn.

uNCKsUm.jpg

Some tips you should know:

• If the game reaches the fatigue stage, in the next round the enemy that has the least amount of health will automatically die and their opponent will be crowned as the winner.
  • At the moment, Ice Block and Eye for an Eye seem to be bugged and they are not working as intended. This will be fixed soon.
  • Bomb Squad and Ancient Curse deal no actual damage to you, so don't be afraid!

This is the 110th Brawl and it's part of the Frost Festival. If you want to find out more about the Frost Festival, check our main article on it.

• Like 1

This is an awful lot like Christmas presents

15 hours ago, Ninypoo said:

This is one of those brawls where I wish I could make my own deck.

I was a little bummed that this one was a preset instead of build your own.  It wasn't bad though personally I don't think the replay value is that high on this one. 

15 hours ago, Shine said:

This is an awful lot like Christmas presents

Christmas in July! Yay!  Watch they are going to overdo themselves with this expansion and we won't get crap for Christmas in December.   

• Like 1

I liked the Brawl.

Generally speaken, the whole Brawl-Idea is great.

It definitly added a lot to Hearthstone and the Free-Pack is great too.

I am always looking for Wednesday and the new Brawl.

Thx Blizzard for this (not so new) feature which is totally without cost and perfect for Free 2 Play players like me!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

I liked the Brawl.

Same here and, honestly, I think the Brawl feature was one of the best things to be added to the game, period.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco

Can you find the best move in a deck full of cards from the new set?
      The first episode of WTM since the release of Kobolds & Catacombs, Aleco plays a "Big Spells Dragon Priest" deck full of brand of new cards.
      Kobolds and Catacombs has hit the competitive ladder with a bang, bringing it with it an unprecedented number of impactful new cards. Some cards have come as huge surprises (Spiteful Summoner, Corridor Creeper), others have been performing about as well as expected (Duskbreaker, Twilight Acolyte), and all four of these powerful new KnC cards are featured in the deck I've had the most success with over the past four days - Sattelite's Big Spells Dragon Priest. The deck has a ton of play to it and never fails to produce difficult decisions and interesting situations, such as the one I found myself in here:
      "What's the Move?" is now seeking viewer submissions for the future episodes. If you ever find yourself in a sticky situation on the ladder, please feel free to submit your plays, questions, and feedback to Aleco on twitter.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Big Spell Mage Deck List Guide.
    • By Zadina

Muzahidul "Muzzy" Islam is the newest member of Tempo Storm's Hearthstone roster.
      Tempo Storm have signed Muzzy, one of the most consistent players out there. His ladder performance has been impressive: you can find Muzzy's name near the top every month at the Americas Legend rankings. Moreover, he has been the top HCT points earner in both 2016 and 2017.
      His hard work has secured him a spot in the upcoming HCT World Championship as the Americas Last Call player. Muzzy has been around for a while, but 2017 was definitely his best year when it comes to tournaments. Some of his achievements this year include winning Dreamhack Montreal and being the Americas Spring Champion. Lastly, Muzzy was part of Team LUL, along with Zalae and Chakki, who recently won Season 2 of Trinity Series.
      We wish Muzzy and his new team, Tempo Storm, the very best of luck!
    • By Aleco
      Competitive Hearthstone fans can look forward to more tournaments and bigger cash payouts in 2018.

Blizzard announced a set of sweeping changes to the way the HCT Tour will be organized in 2018. The new "Masters System" promises to make it easier than ever for professional Hearthstone players to win prizes and make it out to international events.
      Announced today on the official Hearthstone blog, the Hearthstone Masters System promises to make sweeping changes and improvements to Hearthstone's competitive tournament infrastructure:
      The marquee change to the HCT circuit will be the addition of "Masters Tiers". The rolling total of a player's HCT points for the previous three seasons will determine a player's Masters Tier, and each tier will reward players with increasing benefits. A 3-Star Master, the highest tier, is able to receive a $2500 appearance bonus for attending up to three HCT events per season, which can add up to a $22,500 per year in appearance fees alone! All three tiers will also offer free invitations to monthly online tournaments with cash prizes, as well as "end-of-year commemorative swag", which I can only assume is sweet, exclusive card backs.

Blizzard will also be changing the way that qualification works for HCT Playoff events. Players will automatically qualify for the HCT Playoffs by achieving a single-season HCT Point total. The point total for season one of 2018 is 45 points, but Blizzard noted that this may change based upon the season and region of competition. As part of these changes, HCT Points will now be rewarded for the top three ladder finishes a player posts in each season instead of being handed out each month.
      Players will also be able to qualify for a season's playoffs through the brand new Hearthstone Challengers program, which appears to be a re-branding of the previous Tavern Hero system. Eight players will be able to qualify for the playoffs through the Hearthstone Challengers program each season, but the specific nature of these new qualifying tournaments has yet to be announced.
      In addition to a promising an increased number of HCT tour stops, Blizzard will be giving out additional cash rewards to the top ten Hearthstone teams each season. Each team can lock-in three players per season, and the top ten HCT-point-earning teams on the season will take home a hefty prize. With the prizes for first and second place separated by $3000 per player, this should add a fresh and exciting element of team-focused drama to Hearthstone tournaments in 2018. 

Though the long-term effects of today's announcement remain to be seen, Blizzard's message of increased commitment to competitive Hearthstone promises to be a massive step forward for the community. A notable increase to the number of competitive events and the size of cash payouts sends a tremendous vote of confidence to members of the competitive Hearthstone scene, and sets 2018 up to be the biggest year in Hearthstone history.
    • By Zadina

Europeans can venture into Facebook Messenger, where they can participate in a giveaway to win a trip to the HCT World Championship finals!
      An adventure into catacombs full of Kobolds (guess why) awaits those brave enough to make a Facebook account and use Messenger to chat with a friendly, yet slightly talkative bot. After you complete this adventure, your email address will be included in a raffle for a trip to Amsterdam to attend the HCT World Championship.
      The winners will have their expenses covered for their airplane or train tickets, their accomodation and their entrance ticket for the HCT finals for the six days they will be there. There will be three winners and they can choose a person to accompany them. Make sure to read the rules before participating.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Riddle me this... where can you go on an adventure, explore forgotten catacombs, encounter a variety of characters, solve riddles, AND have a chance to win a trip to Amsterdam for the HCT World Championship? On Facebook Messenger, of course!
      Join us from December 5-17 for a single-player pick-your-path-style Hearthstone adventure on Facebook Messenger. Complete your journey and you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a trip to Amsterdam for you and a friend to witness the HCT World Championship in person. So, what are you waiting for? Get started now!
      Official rules are available here.
        BEGIN YOUR ADVENTURE
      (source)