FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BradsGaming

Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Review

Hey guys, from me being so hyped about the new expansion I wanted to try and get involved with the community by joining some forums and I also decided to do some card reviews from the new expansion. I always found it fun to make these videos before the set is released, then a few months later I could always go back and see what cards I was right and wrong on. I want to post this to generate discussions with the community. Having some friendly debates on which cards you feel different never hurt no one.

Anyways here are the links to the videos, let me know what your thoughts are.

Knights of the Frozen Throne Review Part 1
Here is my review of the first 24 cards that were released
Knights of the Frozen Throne Review Part 2
Here is my second review which covers 19 cards including the 11 newest from the reveal stream :)

I checked your videos out. I like them and gave them both a thumbs up. I will definitely be popping in and checking out your other videos in the future. :) 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 10:19 PM, KingMe said:

I checked your videos out. I like them and gave them both a thumbs up. I will definitely be popping in and checking out your other videos in the future. :) 

Thanks a lot! Glad to hear it, I plan on doing another card review in a day or two. Plus I have some other ideas in mind for the future.

I haven't had a chance to fully check your channel out; do you do highlights, wtf moments ect ect? 

4 hours ago, KingMe said:

I haven't had a chance to fully check your channel out; do you do highlights, wtf moments ect ect? 

A bit of everything not so much wtf moments but it may come up if I record one I suppose lol. I mainly am going to be making top 10 videos, videos to help f2p/new players, and deck show cases as I am always making random fun decks to try on the ladder.

• Like 1

Have another card review I just uploaded featuring 29 of the cards (says 28 because I threw the newest druid card in at the last minute.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts so we can have a conversation about these new cards.

• Like 1

Good video, thanks for sharing. Of the top of my head the only one that I have a different opinion on is Unwilling Sacrifice. I'm noticing a lot of people writing this off since it doesn't fit into Control Warlock but I don't think it was made for Control, I think it was made for Zoo. Not just for the Eggs but Zoo has a bunch of cheap minions so the sacrifice is not that big a deal since you were more than likely going to trade with them and kill them already. 

2 hours ago, KingMe said:

Good video, thanks for sharing. Of the top of my head the only one that I have a different opinion on is Unwilling Sacrifice. I'm noticing a lot of people writing this off since it doesn't fit into Control Warlock but I don't think it was made for Control, I think it was made for Zoo. Not just for the Eggs but Zoo has a bunch of cheap minions so the sacrifice is not that big a deal since you were more than likely going to trade with them and kill them already. 

This could be true I just feel like it is almost a strictly worst version of deadly shot. Yes it can be good for cards like eggs but in standard there really aren't many powerful deathrattle zoo type cards I feel. I could easily be wrong as warlock is my least favorite class and I am no expert on zoolock.

42 minutes ago, BradsGaming said:

This could be true I just feel like it is almost a strictly worst version of deadly shot. Yes it can be good for cards like eggs but in standard there really aren't many powerful deathrattle zoo type cards I feel. I could easily be wrong as warlock is my least favorite class and I am no expert on zoolock.

Deadly Shot is better, I'll give you that. As far a Unwilling Sacrifice goes Zoo is the only, at the moment at least, deck that I can see this being in. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anggadaz
      I just wondering what if DK (death knight) or hero card power can upgraded by Justicar Trueheart or Baku Mooneater
      **zuljin
      deal 2 damage
      overkill summon 3/3 lynx with charge
      **dr boom
      -gain 7 armor. give mechs in your hand 1 health. discover new one
      -discover 2 mechs. give it magnetic. discover new one
      -deal 1 damage to all enemies. mechs in your hand cost 1 less. discover new one
      -summon 3 1/1 microbots. explode (1-2 to random opponent) when die. discover new one
      -deal 3 damage. give mechs in your hand 1 attack. discover new one
      **hagatha
      passive
      add random shaman spell after play minion
      give it echo until 3 times
      **jaina
      freeze
      deal 1 damage
      summon water elemental n freeze random character if kill it
      this is count as play elemental minion
      **guldan
      lifesteal
      deal 3 damage
      give it demon tag if it minion
      if it demon, take control it until end turn
      **anduin
      deal 2 damage
      after play card refresh it
      after 1 use will cost 1 less this turn
      after 2 use will damage 1 more
      **uther
      summon a 2/3 four horseman
      give it stealth until next turn
      **rexxar
      create zombiest
      give it deathrattle deal 3 damage to enemy hero
      **garrosh
      deal 1 damage to all minion
      gain a armor for every minion survive, summon copy of it if ally
      **valeera
      passive
      add shadow clone at start turn
      it cost 2 less
      **malfurion
      choose one gain 3 attack n poison
      or 3 armor n deal 2 damage who attack your hero
      **thrall
      transform minion cost 1 more, summon 2 2/1 totem cost 3

Thats my opinion.
      maybe some of them need nerf.
      or something better.
      any suggestion?
    • By BrightwingMain
      So far almost all of the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards seem really gimmicky and most of them also seem really underpowered. This is just TGT flashbacks at this point. Kinda sad because at this point Hearthstone is in really bad shape and having a dead expansion could just be the crippling blow Hearthstone will never recover from. Am I just undervaluing the new card designs because they aren't traditional style when it comes to their strengths or is this really a beginning of an end?
    • By Thundorn
      I finally grew a pair and took my Disc priest into some pugs and decided to write some notes on my experience.

First observation was that Leap of faith comes in a lot more useful than it should. Because so many mobs now drop "shite" on the floor, not just bosses, and because there are so many people who seem completely oblivious to that purple / green / swirly thing they are standing in, you find yourself pulling them out of it a lot. As my main is a ret pally, it is sad to say that it is predominantly Melee dps who are the culprits for this one, and the overwhelming majority seem to be Demon hunters (not sure if this indicates that a larger number of idiots are playing DH class or or if I just experienced an unbalanced number of them on the day)
      Atonement healing: Atonement healing is a great mechanic, but it only works if you plan well in advance. Discipline priests are not and never have been reactive healers, they have always been pro-active, and nothing has changed, now however instead of making sure your bubbles are refreshed, you are now making sure that your atonement is refreshed, so that you can spam your DPS rotation to keep those green numbers flowing. It is not worth keeping atonement up on everyone unless the entire group is taking aoe damage. As long as the tank is doing their job, the only people who should require attention are the tank themselves and the Melee dps who stray into cleave damage or damage pools. If you try to keep atonement up on everyone all the time you will have mana problems, as Plea gets more expensive the more people are buffed.
      Shadow mend: Shadow mend is your panic button. for those times when that Melee DPS just wont get out of the damaging pool, or stands in cleave damage, and their health takes a sharp drop, provided you have planned ahead, you should be able to throw in a couple of shadow mends whilst your DOT ticks keep everyone else topped up via atonement. Remembering of course that for as long as you are in combat, Shadowmend also applies a dot on your target, which can be countered with atonement healing but it is worth keeping an eye on them just in case they continue to take high damage for whatever reason. Your healing priorities are still Tank > Yourself > DPS (or Yourself > tank > dps if you are so enclined) so if you are having to spam shadow mend and bubble on a DPS (thus preventing you from atonement healing everyone else) sooner or later your mana will run out and you will just have to let natural selection run its course.
      Pain supression: to be honest I didn't need to use this often in dungeons, most tanks are pretty self sufficient in mitigating damage themselves, so its worth keeping it bound to a convenient key as a "just in case" buff, which based on my experience so far, is more likely to be needed by a melee dps than a tank. until the raids go live anyway. 

Overall, Disc healing pugs was a challenge, and quite frantic at times, and you do take some schtick for pulling idiots out of danger but better than than taking if for letting them die. This was certainly one of the most fun healer specs ive ever played, and once i have more experience and better gear, i can imagine it will be even more so.
    • By Sepums
      Let's have a silly discussion.
      Personally I wouldn't disenchant my Molten Giants permanently (unlike every other nerfed card) since, I believe it's still a good card even after the nerf and because I main Handlock.
      I wondered what I could replace the Molten Giants with if I decided to disenchant them but I couldn't think of anything more useful.
      What about you? what decks do you use Molten Giant with and what would you replace it with if you decided to disenchant it?
    • By Erbem
      Hey!
      So, previously i asked for help on a paladin deck.
      And now i've made a rogue deck with the left over dust that i had.
      Here it is:

Firstly i've noticed, that even with a lot of low-cost cards i still have a pretty weak early game. Any tips on making this better, i have all the adventure cards and a few other ones. Ask me if you want me to put out all the other cards that i own.