Stan

Shaman Death Knight Thrall Deathseer Reveal: Knights of the Frozen Throne

11 posts in this topic

32147-knights-of-the-frozen-throne-card-

Card reveals continue and Tempo Storm recently unveiled the Shaman Death Knight Thrall Deathseer.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. For more information about the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion, feel free to visit our hub.

Thrall Deathseer

636371149281262422.png

636371152265376781.png

(Images are a courtesy of Hearthpwn)

Well, now we know why Ticking Abom exists, it's because 2-mana shaman cards can turn into him as a balance for this card.

Seriously though, it's a 5-point armor gain (essentially 5-point heal), along with two evolves and turning your hero power into a further evolve?

All for 5 mana?

This'll go right into the current evolve decks with no issue whatsoever, and make them even stronger. Only real question is when you play it, I think turn 7 at least so you can hero power an rng "bad evolve".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Migol said:

Well, now we know why Ticking Abom exists, it's because 2-mana shaman cards can turn into him as a balance for this card.

Seriously though, it's a 5-point armor gain (essentially 5-point heal), along with two evolves and turning your hero power into a further evolve?

All for 5 mana?

This'll go right into the current evolve decks with no issue whatsoever, and make them even stronger. Only real question is when you play it, I think turn 7 at least so you can hero power an rng "bad evolve".

Well, normal evolve is only 1 mana. And there are multiple 1-mana-heal-5 cards in game. And is the new hero power good? It needs to hit an understatted minion or a damaged one or get lucky. And goes against the flood-the-board-then-bloodlust plan that current evolve Shaman is playing.

With 1 mana evolve you can play your stuff like doppelganster with it easily. With this you need the board already. In which case maybe you want to play your bloodlust for 5 mana instead...

It's certainly a fun card, might even be good in the right deck. Not convinced though.

Edited by Bozonik

At first glance, this looks incredibly strong to me. Thinking beyond the obvious evolve decks though, this also looks really strong in slower, more control oriented matchups, where you'll be able to fully restore/improve minions.

• Like 1

I already love Evolve shaman, and now that this cards will let me evolve even more, I think I will make it my main deck for the following season. Finally a card reveal that I am excited about. It doesn't need to be good - it's fun.

8 hours ago, Migol said:

Only real question is when you play it, I think turn 7 at least so you can hero power an rng "bad evolve".

That's what I was thinking.

Turn 6: Doppelgangster + Evolve

Turn 7: Thrall Deathseer + Hero Power. 

I'm excited to play around with this one and hope this is the one I get for finishing the Prologue. At least right now. I'll need to see the other DKs to be totally sold.

This card really won't slot well into evolve shaman, turn 10 this + doppleganster really isn't that strong, especially since the difference between 6 mana minions and 7 mana minions is actually pretty small.  On top of that, losing your totem button makes bloodlust a lot less viable, and I really just don't think it will be worth it.  Like evolve is pretty much ran for exactly Doppelgangster.  This is a strong card and might see play in a more midrangy shaman deck, but it is unclear to me if such a deck will be competitive.  As for curving this after dopple  + evolve, if your board is still around for you too do that, you have pretty much won already, that is just a case of win more.

On 01/08/2017 at 11:28 PM, VaraTreledees said:

On top of that, losing your totem button makes bloodlust a lot less viable, and I really just don't think it will be worth it.  

This is a pretty huge point, IMO. Without the constant flood of tokens and resets with evolve/bloodlust, you have to be certain your board can't be cleared. There might be two variants of the deck, one with BL, one with this and different minions in each to accomodate for totems/no totems.

4 minutes ago, Blainie said:

This is a pretty huge point, IMO. Without the constant flood of tokens and resets with evolve/bloodlust, you have to be certain your board can't be cleared. There might be two variants of the deck, one with BL, one with this and different minions in each to accomodate for totems/no totems.

Another thing to consider is evolving a minion is much much worse then giving a minion +2/+2 (or Master of Evolution would have saw a ton of play), and Dinomancy is far too slow and unimpactful to see play and costs significantly less mana.  Granted the double evolve the turn you play it is really strong, I am not sure if it will be worth it.

Edited by VaraTreledees

On 8/3/2017 at 9:16 PM, VaraTreledees said:

Another thing to consider is evolving a minion is much much worse then giving a minion +2/+2 (or Master of Evolution would have saw a ton of play), and Dinomancy is far too slow and unimpactful to see play and costs significantly less mana.  Granted the double evolve the turn you play it is really strong, I am not sure if it will be worth it.

I can't see it happening, no - it just seems like this DK has missed the mark slightly. It can make for some incredibly fun games, but from an actual winning PoV, it's just more and more RNG.