Stan

Shaman Death Knight Thrall Deathseer Reveal: Knights of the Frozen Throne

11 posts in this topic

32147-knights-of-the-frozen-throne-card-

Card reveals continue and Tempo Storm recently unveiled the Shaman Death Knight Thrall Deathseer.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. For more information about the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion, feel free to visit our hub.

Thrall Deathseer

636371149281262422.png

636371152265376781.png

(Images are a courtesy of Hearthpwn)

Well, now we know why Ticking Abom exists, it's because 2-mana shaman cards can turn into him as a balance for this card.

Seriously though, it's a 5-point armor gain (essentially 5-point heal), along with two evolves and turning your hero power into a further evolve?

All for 5 mana?

This'll go right into the current evolve decks with no issue whatsoever, and make them even stronger. Only real question is when you play it, I think turn 7 at least so you can hero power an rng "bad evolve".

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Migol said:

Well, now we know why Ticking Abom exists, it's because 2-mana shaman cards can turn into him as a balance for this card.

Seriously though, it's a 5-point armor gain (essentially 5-point heal), along with two evolves and turning your hero power into a further evolve?

All for 5 mana?

This'll go right into the current evolve decks with no issue whatsoever, and make them even stronger. Only real question is when you play it, I think turn 7 at least so you can hero power an rng "bad evolve".

Well, normal evolve is only 1 mana. And there are multiple 1-mana-heal-5 cards in game. And is the new hero power good? It needs to hit an understatted minion or a damaged one or get lucky. And goes against the flood-the-board-then-bloodlust plan that current evolve Shaman is playing.

With 1 mana evolve you can play your stuff like doppelganster with it easily. With this you need the board already. In which case maybe you want to play your bloodlust for 5 mana instead...

It's certainly a fun card, might even be good in the right deck. Not convinced though.

Edited by Bozonik

At first glance, this looks incredibly strong to me. Thinking beyond the obvious evolve decks though, this also looks really strong in slower, more control oriented matchups, where you'll be able to fully restore/improve minions.

• Like 1

I already love Evolve shaman, and now that this cards will let me evolve even more, I think I will make it my main deck for the following season. Finally a card reveal that I am excited about. It doesn't need to be good - it's fun.

8 hours ago, Migol said:

Only real question is when you play it, I think turn 7 at least so you can hero power an rng "bad evolve".

That's what I was thinking.

Turn 6: Doppelgangster + Evolve

Turn 7: Thrall Deathseer + Hero Power. 

I'm excited to play around with this one and hope this is the one I get for finishing the Prologue. At least right now. I'll need to see the other DKs to be totally sold.

This card really won't slot well into evolve shaman, turn 10 this + doppleganster really isn't that strong, especially since the difference between 6 mana minions and 7 mana minions is actually pretty small.  On top of that, losing your totem button makes bloodlust a lot less viable, and I really just don't think it will be worth it.  Like evolve is pretty much ran for exactly Doppelgangster.  This is a strong card and might see play in a more midrangy shaman deck, but it is unclear to me if such a deck will be competitive.  As for curving this after dopple  + evolve, if your board is still around for you too do that, you have pretty much won already, that is just a case of win more.

On 01/08/2017 at 11:28 PM, VaraTreledees said:

On top of that, losing your totem button makes bloodlust a lot less viable, and I really just don't think it will be worth it.  

This is a pretty huge point, IMO. Without the constant flood of tokens and resets with evolve/bloodlust, you have to be certain your board can't be cleared. There might be two variants of the deck, one with BL, one with this and different minions in each to accomodate for totems/no totems.

4 minutes ago, Blainie said:

This is a pretty huge point, IMO. Without the constant flood of tokens and resets with evolve/bloodlust, you have to be certain your board can't be cleared. There might be two variants of the deck, one with BL, one with this and different minions in each to accomodate for totems/no totems.

Another thing to consider is evolving a minion is much much worse then giving a minion +2/+2 (or Master of Evolution would have saw a ton of play), and Dinomancy is far too slow and unimpactful to see play and costs significantly less mana.  Granted the double evolve the turn you play it is really strong, I am not sure if it will be worth it.

Edited by VaraTreledees

On 8/3/2017 at 9:16 PM, VaraTreledees said:

Another thing to consider is evolving a minion is much much worse then giving a minion +2/+2 (or Master of Evolution would have saw a ton of play), and Dinomancy is far too slow and unimpactful to see play and costs significantly less mana.  Granted the double evolve the turn you play it is really strong, I am not sure if it will be worth it.

I can't see it happening, no - it just seems like this DK has missed the mark slightly. It can make for some incredibly fun games, but from an actual winning PoV, it's just more and more RNG.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      Ever since the announcement of the Hearthstone Masters system, the details on the final tier - Hearthstone Grandmasters - have been a mystery. However, Tom Matthiesen from Inven Global has released some info on its format, prize pool and invited players.
      According to Inven Global, Hearthstone Grandmasters will have a league structure. It will consist of two seasons per year, with each season lasting eight weeks. Each region will have 16 players, who will be divided into two groups of eight. Europe and the Americas seem to be paired together, while it's not defined how Hearthstone Grandmasters will work for other regions.
      Inven has even acquired the names of 15 European participants and 13 from the Americas. They are all well-known pro players like Bunnyhoppor, Pavel, Thijs, Kolento, RDU, Firebat, Muzzy, Dog, Purple and more! The last four players will be determined by the results of the upcoming World Championship.
      Participants will play twice a week, facing off against each other in a double round-robin system. Hearthstone Grandmasters conclude with global finals. After the two seasons have ended, the two players who performed worst in season 2 in their respective region will be demoted and no longer play in Hearthstone Grandmasters.
      As far as the compensation of the players is concerned, each of them will earn $1,000 per week as an appearance fee. For each match won, another $500 is given to the participating players. The prize pool of the global finals is said to be $500,000. It's highly likely there'll be more rewards per seasonal performance.
      Hearthstone Grandmasters is set to start soon after the Hearthstone World Championships have concluded. Blizzard is expected to share these details sometime next week.
    • By Zadina
      This is a brand new Constructed Tavern Brawl.
      In Battle of the Bans, you pick a class and you initially make a deck of four cards. Your opponent bans one of them and then your deck is filled with copies of the remaining three cards.
      The "ban phase" happens after the mulligan but before turn one, and will show 3 of your opponent's cards plus a mystery card. If you pick the mystery card to ban, it will be revealed to you. If you have copies of the card your opponent chose to ban in your hand, they will be replaced randomly by your 3 other cards.
      To keep things balanced, the following cards have been banned from Battle of Bans: Jade Idol, Ice Block, Time Out!, Patches the Pirate and Whizbang the Wonderful.
      The concept of this Tavern Brawl is very interesting. Not only do you need to pick the proper cards that work well together, you also have to keep into account that one of them will get banned. In turn, you also need to be smart with your ban choice.
      This Brawl is very similar to Top 3: one of the decks that is really consistent in both of these Brawls is Mech Hunter with Metaltooth Leaper. Jade Shaman seems to be doing well as you get to summon even larger men every consecutive turn. Discardlock is reportedly performing very solidly, as well. A really strong counter-deck includes Holy Wrath and Shirvallah, the Tiger.
      As far as bans are concerned, since this Brawl seems to favour aggro decks in general, make sure to ban any taunts your opponent has. Alternatively, you can try a spell-based Mage or Priest deck.
      Feel free to share the decks that worked for you in the comments!
    • By Zadina
      The community card reveals for RIse of Shadows will happen during the next ten days.
      The reveal of the... reveal schedule was done a bit differently this time, since there was no official article. Only the dates and the links for the various community sites and streams were posted on the Rise of Shadows official website.

The first reveal stream will happen on Monday March 25 at 10 am PDT.
      The final reveal stream, where the entire set is unveiled, should happen during the first week of April. The expansion releases on April 9.
    • By Zadina
      To ensure the integrity of Hearthstone esports, Blizzard has banned the two Taiwanese players who were previously accused of wintrading and stream sniping.
      As a reminder, Roger and Reall were caught wintrading on April 2018. Moreover, the Chinese Taipei team, consisting of 2018 World Champion tom60229, Roger, Shaxy and Reall, was caught streamsniping during the Hearthstone Global Games and were consequently disqualified.
      Due to these events, there were several protests about Roger being crowned Winter Champion a month ago and qualifying for the this year's World Championship. Blizzard feels that Roger earned his Championship spot legitimately.
      However, Roger and Reall will not be allowed to participate in Hearthstone Grandmasters in 2019. The Grandmasters tier is the highest one in the revamped system for Hearthstone esports; it is still not known how exactly Grandmasters is going to work.
      Here is the full message regarding Roger and Reall:
      u/BlizzMilkfat
      Hi all – Sam Braithwaite, Senior Global Franchise Lead for Hearthstone esports here. As we prepare for the 2019 HCT World Championship, I wanted to take the opportunity to address the community’s feedback about one of our professional players, Luo "Roger" Shengyuan, who recently won the HCT Winter Championship.
      In Oct. 2018, during the Hearthstone Global Games, we discovered that team Chinese Taipei, which included Roger, tom60229, Shaxy, and Reall had violated the rules to gain a competitive advantage. In response, we administered the penalty outlined in the rules at the time, and disqualified team Chinese Taipei from the competition.
      But previously, in April 2018, allegations of Roger and Reall participating in win-trading had surfaced. After an investigation, we discovered their involvement in the incident but did not issue any official warning in response to their rule violation due to an internal miscommunication.
      We now realize that our previous rules around these scenarios and our enforcement of them did not meet the standards of our community. We take full responsibility for this. Moving forward, we will be reevaluating our rules for the 2019 season and are committed not only to improving, but also to being more transparent about the way we administer warnings, penalties, and rulings.
      Our failure should not diminish Roger’s accomplishments. He earned his championship at HCT Winter and his spot at the upcoming HCT 2019 World Championship on his own merit and in compliance with the official HCT competition ruleset.
      While Roger and Reall may still compete in Hearthstone Masters Qualifiers and Masters Tour events, due to having two rule violations last year, they will not be invited to the inaugural year of Hearthstone Grandmasters. Grandmasters will be the highest level of competitive Hearthstone, and its competitors will be held to higher standards, not just in performance, but also in conduct.
      Thank you for all your feedback, your support, your patience, and understanding. Hearthstone esports wouldn’t be what it is without you, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts as we prepare to embark on a new chapter of Hearthstone esports in just a few short months.
      (source)
    • By HeavenlyFaucet
      What a tournament lined up for Blizzard at World Cyber Games 2019 in Xi'an.
      They got Hearthstone up and Warcraft 3 is finally back. Too bad Reforged won't be making it back in time. Hopefully when Warcraft 3: Reforged is out we will be seeing more tournaments with Warcraft competitions.
      You can even see the excitement of these games posting the official registrations on their twitter,
      for WC3:
      Hearthstone: https://twitter.com/HSesports/status/1105247640646754304
      Who knows maybe even one day we will get some Diablo tournaments if that is possible. Blizzard can host their own event as well with so many of their games having a great esports scene already.