Aleco

Did Seeping Oozeling Just Receive A Post-Spoiler Buff?

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

RkCDeG0.jpg

Spoiled yesterday as a 6 mana 5/4, Seeping Oozeling now appears on the PlayHearthstone website with a lowered mana cost.

Edit: Confirmed in a tweet by the official Hearthstone account, the 5 mana 4/3 version of Seeping Oozeling is an error. Yesterday's 6 mana 5/4 version is the card we'll be seeing in K&C this December.

Reddit user Fabman650 recently noticed that Seeping Oozeling has different stats on the official PlayHearthstone website than it did in yesterday's spoiler. The card was spoiled yesterday as a 6 mana 5/4, but appears on the PlayHearthstone website as a 5 mana 4/3:

cfd322345ea8bff1f027f129dbbacedb331213b0298fab41bacdb0a22cb78e3a.png

If this is truly an intended update by Blizzard (and not some kind of mistake), this would be a significant buff to Seeping Oozeling. The true power in this card lies in its Battlecry trigger, not its stats, meaning that a reduction to its mana cost would make it significantly stronger. At 5 mana, Seeping Oozeling also compares much more favorably to Savannah Highmane than it did before.

Is Seeping Oozeling now strong enough to see play? Let us know what you think about the updated card, and remember to check our news forum and the Kobolds & Catacombs hub for more new cards from K&C!

Now it competes with way less cards, as the cards for the 5-drop slot tend to be rather weak, while also curving into Savannah Highmane, which could give hunter stronger mid-game. I have to say that I like the card better now, and if it really got changed, this is probably the first card that might be interesting for me, though still having a little bit too much RNG for my taste.

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Now it competes with way less cards, as the cards for the 5-drop slot tend to be rather weak, while also curving into Savannah Highmane, which could give hunter stronger mid-game. I have to say that I like the card better now, and if it really got changed, this is probably the first card that might be interesting for me, though still having a little bit too much RNG for my taste.

Well, seems like the 5 cost version was the wrong version, the 6 cost version will be the one entering K&C.

Sad times for ooze lovers.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am totally confused now. Which version is it now? 

Anyway, the high cost was bad. The lower cost is bad too, imo. Bearshark has the same stats for 2 less man and a nice ability and additionally it's a beast. Even though bearshark is not really a strong card. At least it's common and no harm in testing it. With being a rare the oozeling is not a hard to come by but I would not craft it, I think :D

But maybe I'm to pessimistic here :D

This topic should be removed since it's the wrong version and has no use other than confusing people

The 6 mana is the only and true one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco
      A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this new Mech card could be a serious player in the meta.

Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" has revealed another new Magnetic card from The Boomsday Project, called Annoy-o-Module:

A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this guy gains Magnetic and 1/2 worth of stats for just 2 Mana! The stats and keywords this card instantly adds to another Mech seem quite strong when you compare it to Blessing of Kings, which adds 2 more Attack to a minion but does not add Divine Shield and Taunt. This card isn't awful when played on it's own, and it plays well in a deck with Corpsetaker. Annoy-o-Module checks enough for boxes for me, and I full expect it to see play in the upcoming meta.
      Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" is short but sweet, and you can watch the full video right here:

Do you think Annoy-o-Module impact the game as much as Annoy-o-Tron did? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.
    • By Aleco
      Use Mini-Rag to destroy enemy minions and level up your"Wow!" emote in this week's Tavern Brawl.

In celebration of The Midsummer Fire Festival, this week's Tavern Brawl is all about Ragnaros, Lightlord. Well, Mini-Rag to be more specific:

A 2/3 Ragnaros with Immune will start the game on one side of the board. At the end of each turn, Mini-Rag will deal 1 damage to a random target on the other side of the board for each Attack he has, then swap to the other side of the board. Each time he kills an enemy minion he will gain 1 Attack, growing in power as the game progresses.

Due to the sudden pressure that Mini-Rag applies to both players, I highly recommend playing an Aggro deck. I used Odd Rogue in my first game to take down an Odd Hunter. You could also play an anti-aggro deck to try and counter all the aggro decks running around, but be sure to play some self-healing such as Branching Paths or Healing Rain.

The Tavern Brawl will track how many minion kills that Mini-Rag racks up. After 8, 30, and 60 Minion kills, you will level up the fireworks in your "Wow!" emote. This is a returning Tavern Brawl from last year's festival, and your running total of Mini-Rag kills from last year's festival carries over to this year. Happy hunting!

• By Aleco
      Spoilers for The Boomsday Project will run from July 19th through July 31st.

The full spoiler schedule for The Boomsday Project was announced today on the PlayHearthstone blog. We'll be getting one more card reveal tomorrow, followed by two or more card reveals per day from July 23rd until July 31st. After that, we can expect an unannounced card reveal stream to spoil the final batch of cards in The Boomsday Project.
      The expansion is releasing on August 7th, so be sure to start saving your gold! The Midsummer Fire Festival offers double gold rewards for all quests completed from now until July 30th, and prereleases for the new expansion are available now.

The Boomsday Project: Card Reveal Schedule
      Week of July 15th (PDT)
      7/19 12PM

Week of July 22nd (PDT) 7/23 12PM 7/23 11PM   7/24 5AM 7/24 6AM 7/24 7AM 7/24 12PM 7/24 8PM 7/24 9PM 7/24 11PM 7/25 7AM 7/25 12PM 7/25 5:15PM 7/25 6PM 7/25 8PM   7/25 11PM 7/26 2AM
      7/26 5AM 7/26 7AM 7/26 12PM 7/26 11PM
      7/27 2AM 7/27 7AM 7/27 8AM 7/27 12PM
      7/27 8PM 7/27 11PM 7/28 7AM 7/28 12PM
      7/28 8PM 7/28 11PM  
      Week of July 29th (PDT)   7/29 7AM 7/29 11AM 7/29 12PM 7/29 8PM 7/29 11PM 7/30 2AM 7/30 5AM 7/30 7AM 7/30 12PM 7/30 6PM 7/30 8PM 7/30 11PM 7/31 5AM 7/31 6AM 7/31 7AM 7/31 12PM 7/3  9PM 7/31 11PM  
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Zoo Warlock guide.
    • By Aleco
      Four new Mech minions were spoiled as details about the Magnetic keyword were explained and demonstrated in a short video.

Many questions about Magnetic were answered in today's Hearthside Chat as four new Mech cards (three with Magnetic) were revealed in the video:

Announced in the video were details on how the Magnetic mechanic will work in game. If a minion with Magnetic is played to right of another Mech minion, then the minion will be played as-is and the two minions will not fuse together. To "activate" Magnetic and fuse two Mechs together, you will need to play a minion with Magnetic to the left of a Mech minion on the board. It was also announced the Hunter, Paladin, and Warrior will be the three classes that focus on the Magnetic keyword, and there will be Neutral Magnetic minions as well.
      So, what kind of giant robots will we be assembling in The Boomsday Project? First, we get Wargear:

As Stephen Chang pointed out in the video, 5 Mana for 5/5 worth of stats is the same rate as Blessing of Kings! Wargear will turn any Mech into an instant threat, and will surely be a key card in any aggressive Mech deck. Though the card is far from impressive when played without Magnetic, we've seen time and time again just how powerful it is to add stats to the board which you can immediately use to attack (Bonemare, Fungalmancer).

If you're looking for a good target for Wargear's massive stat boost, look no further than Upgradeable Framebot. 2 Mana for 6 total stats is an incredible deal, which should make Upgradeable Framebot a plug-and-play 2 drop in any Mech deck. The fact that this minion has a low Attack should not scare aggro decks away from it, as the 5 Health makes it incredible target for minion buffs.

Our first Warrior card with Magnetic is Beryllium Nullifier, which doesn't excite me as much as the previous two cards. Adding 3/8 and "Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers" to any minion makes it nearly impossible for anything but a Vilespine Slayer or Voodoo Doll to kill, but 7 Mana is a huge ask for tempo decks. Magnetic appears to be an aggressive ability by nature, which makes me skeptical about the need for a 7 Mana card which only adds 3 attack the turn it comes down. Beryllium Nullifier seems better suited for a "Big Mech" deck, so we'll have to wait and see which other cards get spoiled before writing this one off.

Last but not least is Zilliax, the walking keyword! This guy has a keyword for every point of Mana he costs, and a few of these keywords are highly desirable ones. Even if Zilliax didn't have Magnetic, he still might be a reasonable card for the fact that he can trade into any 3 Health minion with his Divine Shield and Rush while gaining you 3 life with his Lifesteal, then stick around on the board with his Taunt after he is done. Is this the card that Town Crier has been waiting for? The Lifesteal and Rush also make him a great target for Countess Ashmore in slower decks. I have a hard time imagining a world where Zilliax doesn't see quite a bit of play in the new meta!
      What do you think about these four new Mech cards? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Project Hub for more information on the upcoming expansion.