FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Did Seeping Oozeling Just Receive A Post-Spoiler Buff?

RkCDeG0.jpg

Spoiled yesterday as a 6 mana 5/4, Seeping Oozeling now appears on the PlayHearthstone website with a lowered mana cost.

Edit: Confirmed in a tweet by the official Hearthstone account, the 5 mana 4/3 version of Seeping Oozeling is an error. Yesterday's 6 mana 5/4 version is the card we'll be seeing in K&C this December.

Reddit user Fabman650 recently noticed that Seeping Oozeling has different stats on the official PlayHearthstone website than it did in yesterday's spoiler. The card was spoiled yesterday as a 6 mana 5/4, but appears on the PlayHearthstone website as a 5 mana 4/3:

cfd322345ea8bff1f027f129dbbacedb331213b0298fab41bacdb0a22cb78e3a.png

If this is truly an intended update by Blizzard (and not some kind of mistake), this would be a significant buff to Seeping Oozeling. The true power in this card lies in its Battlecry trigger, not its stats, meaning that a reduction to its mana cost would make it significantly stronger. At 5 mana, Seeping Oozeling also compares much more favorably to Savannah Highmane than it did before.

Is Seeping Oozeling now strong enough to see play? Let us know what you think about the updated card, and remember to check our news forum and the Kobolds & Catacombs hub for more new cards from K&C!

Now it competes with way less cards, as the cards for the 5-drop slot tend to be rather weak, while also curving into Savannah Highmane, which could give hunter stronger mid-game. I have to say that I like the card better now, and if it really got changed, this is probably the first card that might be interesting for me, though still having a little bit too much RNG for my taste.

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Now it competes with way less cards, as the cards for the 5-drop slot tend to be rather weak, while also curving into Savannah Highmane, which could give hunter stronger mid-game. I have to say that I like the card better now, and if it really got changed, this is probably the first card that might be interesting for me, though still having a little bit too much RNG for my taste.

Well, seems like the 5 cost version was the wrong version, the 6 cost version will be the one entering K&C.

Sad times for ooze lovers.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am totally confused now. Which version is it now? 

Anyway, the high cost was bad. The lower cost is bad too, imo. Bearshark has the same stats for 2 less man and a nice ability and additionally it's a beast. Even though bearshark is not really a strong card. At least it's common and no harm in testing it. With being a rare the oozeling is not a hard to come by but I would not craft it, I think :D

But maybe I'm to pessimistic here :D

This topic should be removed since it's the wrong version and has no use other than confusing people

The 6 mana is the only and true one.