FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Alliestraza's Witchwood Reveal: Ravencaller

y5r6Jlb.jpg

Ravencaller costs just 3 Mana and adds 2 cards to your hand, but is it worth a slot in your deck?

Popular streamer and Hearthstone player Alliestraza just spoiled a new Neutral minion with a unique and interesting Battlecry trigger:

636579469769359141.png

Card image courtesy of Hearthpwn.com

3 cards sounds like a great deal for 3 Mana, but Ravencaller isn't exactly a clean "3 for 1". Decks that care about hand size (such as Mountain Giant and the new hand size Druid cards) or decks that are in need of cheap minions (such as Aggro Druid or decks with Edwin VanCleef) could be in the market for an effect like this, but Ravencaller is a pretty weak tempo play and I don't expect it to make its way into the average aggro deck. I expect Ravencaller to be a solid roleplayer in the right decks, as well as a high pick in Arena drafts.

What do you think about Ravencaller? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to check out our Witchwood Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.

I had a (very) rare 12-0 arena run with Paladin recently where on pick 10 of the draft I took Call To Arms over a second steed despite having no 1 or 2 drops. After that I took every 1 or 2 drop I was offered. Ended up with 2 Calls and 4 1-drops and 5 2-drops. But quite a few of those were 1/1s. Turns out pulling out two 1/1s and a 2/3 on Turn 4 isn’t bad and removing them from your deck is great.

But this is 5-mana summon a 2/1 and two 1/1s. Not convinced it’ll see any play. See the points about quest hunter and hand druid, but quest hunter doesn’t seem to work well and hand druid we can’t evaluate yet.

15 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Quest hunter with Baku, easy.

While I can see that, in a deck that wants to play lots of 1 drop, fullfilling the odd condition is not hard... but how do the better hero power help quest hunter?

35 minutes ago, Synesthesy said:

While I can see that, in a deck that wants to play lots of 1 drop, fullfilling the odd condition is not hard... but how do the better hero power help quest hunter?

You spend most of your even-costed turns by hero powering, no? Doing 3 instead of 2 speeds up the clock for your opponents, balance between clearing you board of 1-drops and trying to minimize the damage gets harder. In other words, you put more pressure, and your empty turns become more threatening.

This being said, apparently the deck will not be tier 1, but it is worth experimenting on I think.

• Like 1