Edwin VanCleef — Rogue Card
Table of Contents
Edwin VanCleef is a Rogue-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Edwin VanCleef is often a 6/6 for 3 Mana, due to the number of cheap cards that most Rogue decks play. It can also be a gamebreaking card when played as 10/10 or bigger in the very early turns of the game. The Coin, Counterfeit Coin, Backstab, Preparation, and Shadowstep are 0-Mana cards which are all regularly used to power up Edwin. Rogue decks also play multiple 1-Drops, which means that an enormous early Edwin is not a rare sight.
2. Constructed Play
Edwin VanCleef is a stable card in Constructed Rogue decks. Nearly all Rogue decks contain 0-Mana spells, as well as 1-Mana minions such as Fire Fly and Swashburglar. On top of that, many Rogue decks make use of cheap spells to activate cards like Vilespine Slayer and SI:7 Agent, which means that Edwin becomes a natural fit in those decks.
Edwin is a good card in Arena, as it will usually be playable as a 4/4 for 3 Mana. At that cost, it represents a slightly above average card, but there will also be occasions when it is significantly bigger than 4/4, and win a game that you may otherwise have lost.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild