FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Wing Blast Reveal: The Witchwood

NSy4mSl.jpg

Hunter adds a really powerful spell to its kit.

The card was revealed by Tomatos on YouTube. The video is in Russian.

90ceb226e061455c9b3992464860e606.png

Screencap from the video

We've all seen how powerful the "if minion(s) died, x happens" effect is, even during a single turn. Wing Blast is great in all kinds of Hunter decks, not just Control. It's easy to activate in an Aggro deck and it's a valuable removal tool in a Midrange deck. The main question is: do you prefer it to Flanking Strike? I think the answer is yes, although in a Spells Only Hunter the 3/3 Wolf might be a better option.

Are you as excited about this spell? Week 2 of the reveals has started, so you should check the schedule to stay on track (there was already a small mix-up today with Duskfallen Aviana getting revealed earlier than intended). Lastly, our Witchwood hub contains all kinds of useful info about the new expansion.

Why do I have to prefer this over anything. Its not like Barnes will be option on 4 after rotation. And hunter 4 is weak. You are not playing any of the two Houndmasters, so having an additional removal will not hurt.

Two copies in spell hunter, at least one copy in other lists, except quest.

This isn't comparable to Flanking strike that is clearly superior as being a standalone 3/3 that does 3 damage this should be compared to 1 mana cards because you won't play this for 4 mana but you play with something like Eaglehorn Bow at 4th turn or later to activate it if you don't have board

I'm not sure it will be a great card or not but I think this is one of maybe in total 3 cards which I like and I can already see it being played in serious decks.

Edited by Caldyrvan

As someone who plays Spellhunter, I don't see why I would chose between Flanking Strike and this. When they both fit in so well. A potential 1 mana 4 damage spell? A 3 hitter that gives a wolf for just 4? Both excellent.

• Like 1

I feel like this is one of, if not the strongest card revealed thus far.  Since it also keys off of your minions this is almost always going to be 1 Mana deal 4, which is insane.  It *might* not see play in spell Hunter since that deck is less concerned with tempo, comparatively, and doesn't have as many minions to guarantee the Mana discount.