FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Duskfallen Aviana Surprise Reveal

SbniWwI.png

A new Legendary Aviana was accidentally spoiled a day ahead of schedule.

A card which was supposed to be spoiled on April 2nd by Inven.co.kr was accidentally uploaded to Blizzard's Korean press site today. The world was able to get a good hard look at the new Aviana card before it was taken down:

636582382739032302.png

Card image courtesy of Hearthpwn.com

Though the Duskfallen version of Aviana is clearly not as powerful as the original version, I wouldn't be so quick to write off this lean and mean 5 Mana 3/7. The symmetrical effect on her means that your opponent will get the first shot at cheating on Mana, but you can build your deck in such a way as to maximize the likelihood that your free cards are better than your opponents. Sure, it's probably not the best idea to run this card out on turn 5 against a control player with a grip full of cards, but the symmetry on Aviana can be easily broken with some careful maneuvering. She'll be absolutely dreadful in a meta full of ramp and control decks, but could be potentially game winning against aggro decks by allowing players brave enough to put her in their deck to cheat out threat after threat.

I'd bet that Aviana is more likely to end up as a meme card than a meta-definer. With that said, I think that players who can use her wisely will be able to find much more value from her than most would expect. What do you think about the new Aviana? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Witchwood Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.

This card is good for trollden. In real life, if your opponent have a removal, you are giving them a free card for nothing... It's like temporus: it may win you the game, but the fact that can also lose it alone make him unplayable.

IMO the card won't see much play. Against every control oriented deck this card is close to sealing your doom.
The opponent plays a powerful card for 1 mana - then kills Duskfallen Aviana.
Or uses Silence.
Against aggro it is more interesting, in this case it is like a Taunt Minion. Because the enemy has to kill it.
But still, even an aggro-deck can make use of the cheap card. A weapon for 1 mana instead of 3 or 4? Not game breaking but nice.
Isn't it better to just play a similiar Taunt Minion against aggro decks? Even if the Taunt Minion may have slightly worse stats (I admit, I am not sure which Taunt-Minion for 5 Mana exists. Sludge Belcher would be a wild card, but he has exactly the 7 healt you have to kill - and even in 2 minions, which is harder to deal with then in 1 minion).

No, IMO the penalty is way too high. Your opponent will ALWAYS make use of the 1-mana-play. And if you can make use of it is VERY questionalble.

Even if your hand would benefit more then his, if chances you won't benefit at all are high the estimated value you get from the card is way lower then the estimated value your opponent will get. Simple mathematics.

No, this card will never be seen in competetive play IMO.

This card will make top 10 worst legends of all time...so I play this on my turn and next turn enemy will f... me?(sorry for bad language)and oh my...just imagine enemy is holding an expensive card ...I rename this card: duskfallen Risk!

The problem with this card is even if the card you play will be better then your opponent, more often then not, they will just play a card, kill her, then you get nothing.  That scenario seems like the expected scenario most of the time.  

Cheat it out without playing a card (can’t think how to do this consistently without new cards) then Maly-Kun-Facelessx2-Moonfirex2 for 32 dmg.