FORUMS
Damien

Hearthstone Hunter Secrets

Guest Fervid

"If the Hunter has both Explosive Trap and Freezing Trap active at the same time, assuming that a minion attacks the Hunter, then Freezing Trap will be triggered first." I also beleived this but this is incorrect, I just played a game where I attacked with a Voidcaller, it died from explosive, summoned malganis. The following turn i attacked with malganis and it was freezing trap.

Guest h0bb1t

That's right. it depends on the way you play the traps. if you play freezing trap first, this trap will be activated first. if you play explosive trap, this one will deal damage first, then if the minion don't dies, it will be returned to the hand.

Guest MrBillyBelford

I like to play snake trap with a taunt minion. This forces the opponent to attack a minion and not just my hero

Guest Crackalack

I just played a game where the hunter had both misdirection and explosive trap. I attacked with the 1/1 bomb from Dr. Boom and triggered misdirection first and then explosive trap

I just played a game where the hunter had both misdirection and explosive trap. I attacked with the 1/1 bomb from Dr. Boom and triggered misdirection first and then explosive trap

It all depends on the order they have been played.

Guest Morrighan87

For the "counter" section it should probably be added it's smart to, if possible, - not play any new minions until you've tested for Explosive Trap - before testing for explosive trap, ram into minions with 2 or less health minions so they don't go to waste The people using the article likely don't have as much experience and so it's easy to trip up and play minions first, or text for explosive trap without using your minions first.

Guest jerodast

Over a year since the blatantly misleading trap ordering errors have been pointed out and still no update - even though the guide itself has been updated since then! It's almost like Icy Veins doesn't read comments, hides them from being displayed by default, and basically wishes everyone would just go away and let them say whatever they want and get back to playing games. I'm sure y'all have some great players but your guide accuracy and updatedness is pretty poor.

You may also want to stop implying that Freezing Trap doesn't activate when you attack the hero. Yes, you accurately described its effects up top, but for some reason when you talked about checking for traps you only mentioned it for attacking minions. It's definitely possible to check for Explosive/Freezing/Misdirect together, by hitting face.

12 hours ago, Guest jerodast said:

Over a year since the blatantly misleading trap ordering errors have been pointed out and still no update - even though the guide itself has been updated since then! It's almost like Icy Veins doesn't read comments, hides them from being displayed by default, and basically wishes everyone would just go away and let them say whatever they want and get back to playing games. I'm sure y'all have some great players but your guide accuracy and updatedness is pretty poor.

You may also want to stop implying that Freezing Trap doesn't activate when you attack the hero. Yes, you accurately described its effects up top, but for some reason when you talked about checking for traps you only mentioned it for attacking minions. It's definitely possible to check for Explosive/Freezing/Misdirect together, by hitting face.

We do read comments, and I believe this (ie. my) comment is a proof. Secondly, only guests' and first time posters' comments are hidden by default, and that is because of spammers (mostly bots spamming Indian and Korean websites). Thirdly, why update a guide for something that is not updated in game? Like, what do you want to update? Make up own secrets?

"Freezing Trap is triggered when an enemy minion attacks" - where do you get the feeling that it says it only works when you attack a minion? There is even one part that speaks about attacking face: "If the Hunter has both Explosive Trap and Freezing Trap active at the same time, assuming that a minion attacks the Hunter, then Freezing Trap will be triggered first." which clearly means that it does trigger when attacking face.

A lot of times you don't want to check for traps first. If you have a board with low-health minions, you should trade with them, so you check for Freezing Trap (which would heal the minion) and play around Explosive Trap. If you attack face, your minions with low health die because of Explosive Trap, or you risk losing two attacks instead of one because of Misdirection.

12 hours ago, Guest jerodast said:

Hey.

Thanks for the post. I've updated the guide to correct the ordering issue, and also made a few adjustments to further clarify things.

I really do appreciate your feedback, but I have to say that I find your tone to be unnecessarily hostile, to say the least. Yes, the guide had been updated since then, but as you can tell from the changelog, the updates had to do with other aspects of it (adding new traps), so it's not like we claimed we updated this aspect and then just didn't. Moreover, your accusation that we "hide comments from being displayed by default" is ridiculous. In fact, we specifically allow unregistered users to post comments without having to make a username on the forum, to facilitate the posting of comments (and when unregistered users can post freely, I am sure you can understand why said posts need to be pre-approved by a moderator before they show up). I would tell you that we've never deleted (or refused to approve) a comment that was negative, but you wouldn't believe me and I have no way to prove it anyway.

Also, we never "implied that Freezing Trap doesn't activate when you attack the hero". We said that you can check for both it and Snake Trap by attacking a minion since they both trigger when a minion is attacked. That has nothing to do with Freezing Trap not triggering on a hero attack. I've further clarified that part anyway, so hopefully it's now all good.

Guest rip icy veins

Took a break from the game, wasn't sure what new cards were here. Just lost an Arena game to a Cat Trick - A Hunter secret not displayed here. I would have won, but I decided to try a new combo out on the poor guy, only for Cat Trick to pop and lose the very next turn.

This page is the first that comes up in Google for "Hunter Secrets Hearthstone". Pretty amazed that the site admins haven't tried to either re-direct traffic or over-prioritise to an updated article with all the info. No offence Icy-Veins, but maybe have a look at what particular search results yield in traffic generation, that way you'll know what search terms lead people to what pages, and actually produce useful information - and maybe archive these obsolete articles, nobody needs this guide from 2013 anymore, at least not at the top of the search page. Icy Veins still seems good, but accessing articles from search engines on here?..... Maybe not so great.

I'd normally apologize for that, but given the tone, I won't. If I take a look at traffic generation, I'll notice that this article, despite being on top of the search results, yield almost no visit.

Regarding the Cat Trick secret itself, it was added to the game 12 days ago, so it would be great if you could cut us some slack. We've just had a WoW expansion launch and still managed to get all those One Night in Karazhan guides out and many many decks, but here you are vilifying us because we forgot to update the Hunter Secrets guide (which was updated in July this year btw, not in 2013 as you're suggesting).

• Like 4

Guest McStickens42

Just an fyi this guide is missing Rat Trap.  It is still in Standard