Zadina

Our Monster Hunt Guide Is Up!

Sign in to follow this  

19 posts in this topic

UFKH3B9D8FVD1524181640466.jpg

The new PvE mode has been live for a few hours and our guide offers a first look into it!

The Monster Hunt went live earlier today as expected. You will immediately get a limited time quest to beat 10 bosses as the Tracker, followed by the same quest for the other three Monster Hunt heroes (Cannoneer, Houndmaster and Time-Tinker). In total, for these four quests you will receive four The Witchwood packs.

Pesty has been hard at work and has quickly written up a neat Monster Hunt guide. In it, you can find all kinds of Treasures you can get, as well as what you will be offered after each Boss. Each hero also has its own kinds of card buckets. Lastly, there is an order of Bosses: specifically which one(s) you can find at each step of your Monster Hunt! Soon, we should have separate pages with details for every Boss!

Feel free to share screenshots from your Monster Hunt adventure! Which boss did you find difficult? Which hero is broken? Any other useful tips?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Made it with Tess on my first attempt, go for jades and all is easy with her insane hero power.

The others feel much harder and I guess I am done, as with all the time consuming solo content :D

But for all who enjoy it, have fun and good luck :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

Darius is easy if you get the cannon damage buff and pick mukla and a maiden, and some squires

I won first try with Houndmaster Shaw. almost lost on the Bogwarden, but then did this insane thing with Baron Rivendare and we both died (which lets you move on, but you don't get any treasures btw). I can't seem to get past Captain Shivers as Tess Greymane though, I got to him easily with a jade deck, then we both got fatigued and I died first :(

Edited by Hitchadaphilo

Got Hagatha. 

Treassures: Crystal gem. Double time. Entrenchment and Cult of the wolf.

When you lay out double call of the wilds and get them back for 1 mana it kind of turns your way. The four different  monsterhunters are quite fun to play. I especially remember using beastiary against Captain Shivers.

Got 7 minions where 5 of them had 8 attack. Unfortunately 3 of them was Fel Reavers. Which drains me 9 cards per card played by the monster ARGGG.

Had double health because there was nothing better. Won by an inch

This is really for patient people that find enjoyment in RNG. (Problably why i did not meet Caldyrvan :-) )

Edited by PanPan

I only finished it with Tess and I found it very easy, maybe I got lucky because after a few attempts with the other classes I got bored fast, same as Dungeon Runs. :D

But from what I was reading and what I heard from friends this seems to be much easier than the K&C content, not only because you have to do it with only 4 classes but it seems to be less frustrating as well. 

Edited by Caldyrvan

aarghh really need some help with hound master shaw. I can get to Glinda easily but she always gets me no matter what deck I go...

On 30.4.2018 at 5:15 PM, SirSlapzAlot said:

aarghh really need some help with hound master shaw. I can get to Glinda easily but she always gets me no matter what deck I go...

Houndmaster is my last one and I just can't crack it so far. Cannonneer and Time were both done on the first try, Tracker took a bit longer, but Houndmaster just won't work for me.

I seem to have more luck when buffing the hounds, had them as 3/3s at one point, but then lost to crappy RNG.

I finished all this adventure in a few really realxing days. I didn't play too much, sometimes was unlucky or even totaly unlucky, but i would say in general i got fun. My favorite moment was with last boss with Cannoner, i had three cannos on turn 5 (Grizzled Reinforcement helped, a bit not sure about turn, but was really early game). Cannos also had +1 extradamage, so I simply cleared board all the time, poor boss, no chances. :D

Houndmaster was first hero with whom i finished. My hounds was 3/1. One of my favorite treasures in games with him is First Aid Kit . Yea, i know in article Monster Hunt Houndmaster Shaw Guide  it has rate "bad" , but from my personal expirience this treasure very good, it helped me to save my minions for long time and was really useful with last boss Glinda. :)

Also in general my personal sympathy to Enchanting Tune , i like to steal minions with evil laugh "Muahahahaha!!!" :D

Edited by Lightout
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

Houndmaster is my last one and I just can't crack it so far. Cannonneer and Time were both done on the first try, Tracker took a bit longer, but Houndmaster just won't work for me.

I seem to have more luck when buffing the hounds, had them as 3/3s at one point, but then lost to crappy RNG.

Yeah usually get to Glinda fairly easy but she always gets to me...
1 time with a companion beast deck she did me in by just milling me and finishing me off with those darn 6/3 minons that return to her deck.
The other times I went full deathrattle with the lunar signet buff and she just  rushed me down agro style.

Let me know if you figure something out! Im giving up for now lol

On 30/4/2018 at 5:15 PM, SirSlapzAlot said:

I cleared Glinda in my first try on day two. I did not expect to do it. I had not checked any guides. I was just making monster kills to compleate the shaw quest. I tried for some beast synergy and some charge/rush but I did not have any special plan.

I just tried again. No luck :-)

In my first try I had +2 to all health and later got + 2 attack for the hounds. Having a 3/3 rush beast for 2 mana every turn helps a lot.

But i did not really get anywhere because Glinda always where able to put down new minions in the same speed I removed them

That all my minions also had the +2 health allowed me get a bit ahead but then she would drop an abysmal enforcer or a crowskin pack. When I noticed I was just returning the 6/3  crowskin faithfull so I couldn't even mill her I flooded the bord in fustration. 

For some AI reason she then put down a DOOM with only a single crowskin faithfull in her deck and raise her fatigue damages to 7 or 8.

I got a couple high attack minions out and for some reason She waited two turns to drop the faithful so I was able to get help from the fatigue.

On my second run I got +2 attack for the dogs and 1 extra mana crystal. I ended up with a strange mix of a rush, combo and control deck. 3 leroys, 3 hyennas and 2 call of the wild. Actually very fun to play

This time she dropped a Cult master with 9 cards in hand. I had a lot of rush cards and where able to mill her for a while. That removed one of the faith full and one of the crowskin pack. But unfortunately also the DOOM. She got me on fatigue in the end.

So I agree with the monster hunt guide by pesty. Try to build a control deck an pray to the god of RNG. Because I think Glinda has a direct line to Him and he just was busy when I get the first win 

Edited by PanPan

Just had an exciting fight with boss Cragtor, the guy with the power to reduce his card's cost. Thought I would lost after he finished his quest but then I managed to enchant his minions and turned the tide :)

Sazzmi Gentlehorn is annoying with her power and esp her enchanment tune, but after defeating her we got the nice treasure card.

Cragtorr is hard, just won over him the first time.

On 02/05/2018 at 7:54 PM, SirSlapzAlot said:

Yeah usually get to Glinda fairly easy but she always gets to me...
1 time with a companion beast deck she did me in by just milling me and finishing me off with those darn 6/3 minons that return to her deck.
The other times I went full deathrattle with the lunar signet buff and she just  rushed me down agro style.

Let me know if you figure something out! Im giving up for now lol

The more I try, the more I feel that the +2 attack on dogs is important against her, otherwise you just get destroyed early game if you get bad RNG, bad early game, whatever.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

The more I try, the more I feel that the +2 attack on dogs is important against her, otherwise you just get destroyed early game if you get bad RNG, bad early game, whatever.

Somehow I managed to beat her lol. Had +2 health and +2 attack for dogs. Then ricochet shot (didnt have to use ir though) and mostly divide and qoncuer, companionship and pack mentality buckets. 

Also the lunar vigney thingy (deathrattle triggers on play) which really helped a lot with highmane and deathrattle buffs

Though she couldve finished me 1 tie she didnt do it for some reason lol. 

Hagatha was easy af though,  finished her on second try

Edited by SirSlapzAlot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SirSlapzAlot said:

Though she couldve finished me 1 tie she didnt do it for some reason lol. 

The AI really isn't the best at times. It does some seriously dumb stuff.

On 27/04/2018 at 8:24 PM, Hitchadaphilo said:

I can't seem to get past Captain Shivers as Tess Greymane though, I got to him easily with a jade deck, then we both got fatigued and I died first :(

Just won over him as the final boss with Tess. A tip is that when his Fel Reaver is out, try to burn as much of his cards as possible using your cheap cards. I burned 9 of his cards in 1 turn, including the key card Leeching Poison so he cannot heal. If you have Enchantment Tune, you can also use it to take control of his strong minions.

14 hours ago, Blainie said:

The AI really isn't the best at times. It does some seriously dumb stuff.

For some bosses, we can even exploit their powers to win against them. For example, for the Ratcatcher boss, I exploit his passive power which buff attack of adjacent minions of a minion when it dies. Using echo card Hunting Mastiff, I put my dog in between 2 minions, crashed the dog into his minions, kill them and buff my 2 other minions. I buff them 3 times in a row, which result a total of +6 atk and succeed to kill the boss at just turn 4 :), as I have Crystal Gem btw.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mage191 said:

For some bosses, we can even exploit their powers to win against them. For example, for the Ratcatcher boss, I exploit his passive power which buff attack of adjacent minions of a minion when it dies. Using echo card Hunting Mastiff, I put my dog in between 2 minions, crashed the dog into his minions, kill them and buff my 2 other minions. I buff them 3 times in a row, which result a total of +6 atk and succeed to kill the boss at just turn 4 :), as I have Crystal Gem btw.

Nice idea. I'll have to try that next time I give it a go.