FORUMS
Damien

Houndmaster Monster Hunter

Guest justhelpfulguest

blood moon is 2 cost "Give your minions +1/+1 and lifesteal"

There is also Gilnean tracker:

Gilnean Tracker is 3 cost "Rush. At the start of your turn transform this into 5/5". 3 / 3

Guest justhelpfulguest

I decided to take Gilnean tracker for science.

It transforms into:

"Transforming Gilnaean Tracker" 3 Cost. Rush. "At the start of your turn transform this into a 7/7 with windfury" 5/5

Guest justhelpfulguest

And then fInally transforms into a 7/7 rush windfury called "Worgen tracker"

Guest Alphander

Great guide, but I think it still misses Blood Moon and Sneak Attack!5ae4543c9a796_HearthstoneScreenshot04-28-1812_51_47.thumb.png.5addb522036fb4a1ffa1beb25f618a56.png

Hearthstone Screenshot 04-28-18 12.51.47.png

Hearthstone Screenshot 04-28-18 12.51.47.png

Guest Sacraanima

I also found a treasure that´s not listed jet.

Scythe

Hearthstone Screenshot 05-01-18 16.54.46.png

Remark regarding the Stomp Stomp STOMP card bucket:

it is very useful, if you were able to pick up the Companionship passive twice (each gives +2 attack to your blood hounds), since the bloodhounds summoned by your hero skill will count to the Jungle Giants  quest -> free minions at around round 7 or 8

Edited by Gerta

Guest JustTryingToHelp

You missed out on the Lunar Signet treasure

Hearthstone Screenshot 05-09-18 20.00.41.png

19 hours ago, Guest JustTryingToHelp said:

You missed out on the Lunar Signet treasure

Lunar Signet is rated as Excellent.

Guest Fagadaba

Thanks for all your guides. Before I found them, Monster Hunt was super frustrating! I was able to beat the two remaining heroes I had left to do (Tess and Shaw) and now I'm on to destroy Hagatha! Thanks again!

Guest K.H.

Finally managed to beat Glinda, fairly easy even with what would probably be best described as a Recruit deck, after I knew what I was up against: An unending stream of Crowskin Faithfuls. The current Houndmaster guide heavily suggests to invest in Death rattle effects, but I never got this to work. A few picks of "Thick Hide" paid off a lot more for me.

Last time, when I had a Lunar Signet and was trying hard to draft a good deck around it, I only made it until her deck consisted entirely of Crowskin Faithfuls, then I lost steam and couldn't end her. This time, she managed to shoot herself in the foot by drawing up with Witchwood's Touch just before her deck ran out and putting a Cult Master on the board. Thus it was easy to dispose of the Faithfuls and I used Holy Book on the last one that she had on the board. Green Jelly helped me a lot to keep afloat during mid-game, too.

But that's not what I want to write about, but instead about an apparently insane combo with the Houndmaster which looks like it makes winning these boss fights extremely easy, that I came across by pure accident when playing this last round: Dire Frenzy on Hunting Mastiff. You get three copies of a 5/4 Echo minion with cost 2 in your deck. If you're lucky to have another Dire Frenzy, then I suppose that those buffs stack...

I see none of these cards mentioned in the Houndmaster guide, and I don't know from which bucket they are, but I've been offered double copies of Dire Frenzy in a bucket before, and I've seen another copy of Hunting Mastiff when playing before, too. Dire Frenzy alone looks like that good of a card that I feel like it should be mentioned.

Guest Seff

I feel like there’re some inconsistencies in this guide. Under Bandage, it says

The Houndmaster is able to consistently develop wide boards to capitalise on this Treasure.

But on Blood Moon, it says 

Blood Moon is a very poor Treasure that is heavily reliant on having a wide board.

???

Guest Abdul

Tried following this guide for a lot of runs, worked decent for the first part (going with what the guide consider worse is usually the better choice than excellent) but at later bosses you've pretty much set yourself up to be easy pickings, specially with a deathrattle centered deck. It just requires too much rng, getting the exact right cards in the buckets and actually drawing at the correct time. And still I'd say it's hard since the bosses have excellent counters against this guide. Extra minion health and heal each turn on everything you have is so much better than expressed here. Maybe I've had the worst luck possible but seems unlikely seeing how many runs I've done.

18 hours ago, Guest Abdul said:

Tried following this guide for a lot of runs, worked decent for the first part (going with what the guide consider worse is usually the better choice than excellent) but at later bosses you've pretty much set yourself up to be easy pickings, specially with a deathrattle centered deck. It just requires too much rng, getting the exact right cards in the buckets and actually drawing at the correct time. And still I'd say it's hard since the bosses have excellent counters against this guide. Extra minion health and heal each turn on everything you have is so much better than expressed here. Maybe I've had the worst luck possible but seems unlikely seeing how many runs I've done.

Thanks for the feedback. Naturally there is only so much information that can be conveyed via written guides with regards to the large number of moving parts in play in dungeon run-style content, so if you feel like you have a better option than what is listed absolutely go for it!

With regards to setting yourself up to be easy picking, there are unfortunately a broad range of bosses available and its always a possible a control boss may pop up to deny a very fast aggro deck or a fast-paced boss may be able to quickly defeat a slower deck. However, the aim is to have the best chance against everything, which is unfortunately not possible in all cases.

Best of luck Monster Hunting!

Guest Moozo

Bubba battlecry does not work with Companionship treasure :/