FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Annoy-o-Module Card Reveal

0xmOQst.png

A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this new Mech card could be a serious player in the meta.

Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" has revealed another new Magnetic card from The Boomsday Project, called Annoy-o-Module:

3aa6bb6ed146508746829a7aa1842e1a.png

A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this guy gains Magnetic and 1/2 worth of stats for just 2 Mana! The stats and keywords this card instantly adds to another Mech seem quite strong when you compare it to Blessing of Kings, which adds 2 more Attack to a minion but does not add Divine Shield and Taunt. This card isn't awful when played on it's own, and it plays well in a deck with Corpsetaker. Annoy-o-Module checks enough for boxes for me, and I full expect it to see play in the upcoming meta.

Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" is short but sweet, and you can watch the full video right here:

Do you think Annoy-o-Module impact the game as much as Annoy-o-Tron did? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.

4 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

How is it Just one mana? Annoy-o Tron was 2 mana, this is 4.

Thanks for catching this!

I don’t think doubling annoy-o-torn stats and costs leads to a good minion. But ‘give a minion +2/+4, divine shield, taunt’ for 4 mana seems pretty good.

I presume fused minion’s stats aren’t silencable?

Edited by Bozonik

4 hours ago, Bozonik said:

I don’t think doubling annoy-o-torn stats and costs leads to a good minion. But ‘give a minion +2/+4, divine shield, taunt’ for 4 mana seems pretty good.

I presume fused minion’s stats aren’t silencable?

I think the silence effect turns minion back to its original form w/o a text. So I'll guess this will be silenceable.

19 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

I think the silence effect turns minion back to its original form w/o a text. So I'll guess this will be silenceable.

Yeah, watching the magnetic vid again I think you’re right, they look like buffed minions rather than new minions. I had assumed it was a zombeast-like effect.

10 hours ago, Bozonik said:

Yeah, watching the magnetic vid again I think you’re right, they look like buffed minions rather than new minions. I had assumed it was a zombeast-like effect.

I guess the difference is, for zombeasts, it is how you play the card from your hand, you don't modify it while its on board. Silence effects work for stuff you see when you hover over the card, you know those things listed below it.