FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Time Out! Card Reveal by Wronchi

DY7MSEVMXD9N1540615864606.jpg

The reveal season for Rastakhan's Rumble starts with a Paladin card.

Every recent Hearthstone expansion has had its own series of funny blog posts and videos. Blizzard collaborated with Wronchi in The Boomsday Project and now they are back for Rastakhan's Rumble.

Hearthstone's heroes are waiting in line to get tickets to get into the Gurubashi Arena. Everyone has the gold for it, except from poor (literally) Uther. He does get a card reveal though and the story will be continued from what was teased in the end.

86a33a112c22f25ccf54e94281a0c9ff.png

People have been comparing this card to Evasion and Ice Block. It certainly has it pros and cons. You can play it proactively, even at high health and you can combine it perfectly with a weapon swing or powerful healing spells. On the other hand, Time Out! requires more setting-up and better game knowledge of what cards your opponent might have on his/her hand. This card could potentially go into a Control Paladin deck, along with Shirvallah, the Tiger legendary Loa minion.

What do you think?

It buys you a turn, so i think it is indeed very strong. Play it, hit a minion with your weapon for 0 dmg, heal up/clear the board within two turns, seems very strong to me.

It might actually be better than Ice Block, since it prevents your opponent from getting you to 1.

1 hour ago, Breadd said:

It buys you a turn, so i think it is indeed very strong. Play it, hit a minion with your weapon for 0 dmg, heal up/clear the board within two turns, seems very strong to me.

It might actually be better than Ice Block, since it prevents your opponent from getting you to 1.

Ice Block is better against combo decks though, IMO - this card doesn't cost the enemy anything, so they can just delay their combo if need be. 

Essentially, I'd say this card is better against heavy boards, Ice Block is better against any sort of combo deck. 

• Like 1

I think that Ice Block is almost always better, except for the anti secret tech. This because Ice Block always strikes true. Ice Block will always activate when you should die, buying you a turn, anyway your opponent would get lethal damage. Time Out, instead, must be played the turn before your opponent gets lethal, and this can be misplayed.

Yes, if your opponent has on board the damage needed to kill you, playing this card will prevent you from losing. But what about OTK decks? What about Leeroy or Doomguard or Pyroblast? Ice Block work much better in this cases. And you can play Time Out when your opponent doesn't really have the combo ready, wasting it.

For this reasoning, I think Time Out to be worst then Ice Block, and that Time Out can be used in less decks: Time Out can only work in OTK deck that know how many turns they need to win (for example, how many 2/2 token they need to bounce in hand), while Ice Block can also work in Control deck, where you can get damage and then heal and stabilize, and in aggro face deck, when you need some turns more to burn your opponent out.