FORUMS
Zadina

Tavern Brawl: Old and New

cqXEQum.png

This brand new Tavern Brawl challenges you to build a deck with cards from 2 Wild expansions and 2 Standard ones.

Specifically, you will need to construct a deck using only cards from Goblins vs Gnomes, The Grand Tournament, The Witchwood and The Boomsday Project. We remind you that this month is dedicated to Wild mode with a new Wild Bundle and thematic Tavern Brawls being available.

Newer players or players that don't have a lot of Wild cards in their collection can pick a Class and a single card and the game will autofill a deck for them with cards they don't have!

If you don't have cards from GvG and TGT, but still want to make your own deck, Baku the Mooneater and/or Genn Greymane are your best bets. Odd Rogue and Odd Paladin are performing well and Even Shaman is also a decent choice.

If you have all the cards needed, then it's a great opportunity to show off your Mech power. Mech Hunter and Mech Paladin are absolute beasts, with the Mechs from GvG and The Boomsday Project synergising perfectly.

This is a very interesting Tavern Brawl, since it creates a whole new meta on its own and it satisfies the players who are asking for yearly/monthly rotations with a specific amount of random sets from all of Hearthstone's history. Sometimes, Tavern Brawls foreshadow future games modes so perhaps this is a small hint on something different being worked on!

Easy win with a (almost) minion only Mech Mage, based on synergies with mechwarper and galvanizer to discount a big hand of mech and make a big turn 4 tempo swing.

I tried Odd Mage first and it was a disaster, with 3 losses in as many attempts, before I finally managed to win a game. Then I tried Mech Warrior and won at my first attempt. This Tavern Brawl clearly has "Mech" written in big bold letters on it.

Edited by Smorod