FORUMS
Zadina

Madame Lazul Reveal: Rise of Shadows

Ws6n4pd.jpg

The Fortune Teller and member of the League of E.V.I.L is a Legendary minion for Priest.

Madame Lazul was revealed by @PlayHearthstone on Twitter:

Even though her effect is slightly unoriginal and perhaps not worthy of an orange gem, it's quite flavourful for Madame Lazul to be able to see through your opponent's hand. She can fill Curious Glimmerroot's place quite well. On the other hand, Chameleos offered a bit more insight on the opponent's hand and it wasn't really played in any serious decks. Lazul is more versatile thanks to the Discover effect.

What's your take on this card?

Chameleos is only a card copy, it doesn't come with a minion on the board. Also, the fact that the card changes every turn adds a timing constraint. It may be the card you want but at a time you can't play it. Priest doesn't have enough synergy around playing cards from other classes or not coming directly from your deck, as Rogue and Mage do, respectively. That must be why it wasn't played.

In comparison, both Curious Glimmerroot and Madame Lazul are 2-in-1, you get an extra card and a minion on the board, with reasonable stats for the cost, similar to Blink Fox and Black Cat, which have both been heavily played. At a quick glance, Madam Lazul looks stronger to me, because it can't fail, and you get to choose one card among (up to) 3. This more than compensates for the missing 1 health in my opinion. If the upcoming expansion has more Priest cards on the same theme, they could combine nicely with Princess Talanji.

Edited by Smorod

People do not seem to realize how big this is - With Madame Lazul as a Card AND A hero: It means we MAY get card versions of the Heroes we currently have in play. I was worried for so many years what heroes they will "miss out" on having as cards because they went with them as heroes instead. But this REALLY brightened up my day for that we one day may see the current heroes as cards too.

I like this card.  A lot.  Much better then glimmer root (which was a playable card, although often the worst card in the deck).  The best part is you get a lot of information about what is in their hand so you can make a very informed decision as to what you want to grab.  I actually think this is *better* then a 3 mana 3/2 battle cry: draw a card, by quite a large margin.    

Solid card. On-curve against aggro it's a body to contest the board with that nabs another card to contest the board with, against slower decks you can go greedier and/or adapt you plan. This is what a Legendary should be, a card that is useful over the entire course of a game without being overpowered. I do agree it's absolutely unoriginal, though.

Edited by Keizoku
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rexx said:

People do not seem to realize how big this is - With Madame Lazul as a Card AND A hero: It means we MAY get card versions of the Heroes we currently have in play. I was worried for so many years what heroes they will "miss out" on having as cards because they went with them as heroes instead. But this REALLY brightened up my day for that we one day may see the current heroes as cards too.

you know we had a medivh card and hero MANY years ago right? 

• Like 1

Glimmeroot -1 hp but you get a slightly better card since you chose from 3 instead of being 100% random you won't take some awful card like Deadly Poison. Will be in every priest deck until it rotates out not much to say about this.

16 hours ago, Plaguestorm said:

you know we had a medivh card and hero MANY years ago right? 

Wasn't he added as a Card first and hero later? Or am I drunk?

15 hours ago, Rexx said:

Wasn't he added as a Card first and hero later? Or am I drunk?

Nope, he was a hero first, then a card 
The hero was added in Balckrock, while the actual card for medivh got aded in one night at kharazhan, 5 expansions later

On 3/23/2019 at 9:54 AM, Rexx said:

With Madame Lazul as a Card AND A hero: It means we MAY get card versions of the Heroes we currently have in play. I was worried for so many years what heroes they will "miss out" on having as cards because they went with them as heroes instead.

Well they did exactly that with all 9 basic heroes in Knights of the Frozen Throne, so this isn't exactly new.

57 minutes ago, Plaguestorm said:

Nope, he was a hero first, then a card 
The hero was added in Balckrock, while the actual card for medivh got aded in one night at kharazhan, 5 expansions later

Ahh, I was sure he was added AFTER Kharazan as a hero - Just got me a bit up in joy there as I have always feared "What heroes that never will be cards because they are heroes instead" - I've always wanted to see a good thematic Gul'dan and Jaina card especially.

I know the DK's are a think as Smorod said up above this comment but as they still were heroes and not cards; It just didnt hold that same level of hype to me - Especially with how some of the hero cards like Gul'Dan and Rexxar are just a broken mess.

It's a very good card actually, if you get her in your opening hand you get great turn 3 (2 with coin) intel on what deck your opponent is running, and a decent card.     Later in the game you get a good feel for what cards they have in hand and how risky you can play (like if they have Shudderwok or Mechathun already if you want an extreme example, or if they simply have a way to kill your big card).

On 3/25/2019 at 5:23 AM, Rexx said:

Ahh, I was sure he was added AFTER Kharazan as a hero - Just got me a bit up in joy there as I have always feared "What heroes that never will be cards because they are heroes instead" - I've always wanted to see a good thematic Gul'dan and Jaina card especially.

I know the DK's are a think as Smorod said up above this comment but as they still were heroes and not cards; It just didnt hold that same level of hype to me - Especially with how some of the hero cards like Gul'Dan and Rexxar are just a broken mess.

also we just got an announcement for a khadgar card, well already having a khadgar hero!

57 minutes ago, Plaguestorm said:

also we just got an announcement for a khadgar card, well already having a khadgar hero!

Aye I saw that during the stream yesterday - Got me even more hyped! Perhaps there is hope for the core Heroes to one day be cards as well.