FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Catrina Muerte Reveal: Rise of Shadows

42656-vereesa-windrunner-reveal-rise-of-

The card was revealed by Arreador. The video is in Spanish with English subtitles.

498ab8951451f818d90f8dacdd65dc07.png

I may have expressed some disappointment about Priest in Rise of Shadows in one of my previous articles, but I take it all back now. Effect-wise it's nothing original, but this card is bonkers! With Catrina and Mass Resurrection, Big Priest can stay alive for yet another expansion. She might be slightly overrated - she is no Kel'Thuzad after all - but so far she is one of the most exciting cards revealed.

Oh yeah, gimme those resurrection cards. Never ever kill that *filtered* stupid cancer archetype called big priest. We already have a powerful version of this in wild, we absolutely need one in standard too. 

Everytime a priest resurrection card is revealed, I'll just rant about it. Every *filtered* time. If mods want to delete them for repeated posts or whatever, I don't care.

Oh well, guess we have to wait another 2 years for 'muerte' of big priest. Joder!

Edited by FanOfValeera
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

Oh yeah, gimme those resurrection cards. Never ever kill that *filtered* stupid cancer archetype called big priest. We already have a powerful version of this in wild, we absolutely need one in standard too. 

Everytime a priest resurrection card is revealed, I'll just rant about it. Every *filtered* time. If mods want to delete them for repeated posts or whatever, I don't care.

Oh well, guess we have to wait another 2 years for 'muerte' of big priest. Joder!

To be honest, the last 2 expansions have all been hitting hard on the control/late game archetypes and pushing the aggro types. I'm glad they're giving some fire power back to the late game stuff as an control type player. 

This is personal opinion though ? 

This is strong. This is Wild Big Priest support.

I bet that Barnes will be nuked from the orbit for let this card live, and then we'll discover that this can push big priest alone.

And she's stronger then Kel'Thuzad in Big Priest environment, because while Kel is only usefull when you have a board, this one will build your board, and will snowball really hard if left unchecked.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SirSlapzAlot said:

To be honest, the last 2 expansions have all been hitting hard on the control/late game archetypes and pushing the aggro types. I'm glad they're giving some fire power back to the late game stuff as an control type player. 

This is personal opinion though ? 

Of course it is personal opinion, and I respect everyone's.

But, if you are a control type player, this is the card which you don't like in theory. Combo/OTK decks, and big priest/druid/rogue/shaman and etc. feed on classic control decks, and they are punished by aggro. So, if this card keeps big priest as a viable archetype, there will be many aggro decks to prey on it, and big priest will just push control out of the meta. Keep this in mind too. Unless what you mean by control is generally slower decks, then yes, you will like playing around with this card. 

@Synesthesy Now we know that Barnes is on top of the list for nerfs, I expect a 2 or maybe even 3 mana cost nerf for that card. That will stop explosive openings for Big Priest, and if you cut him from the deck, Catrina value (any resurrect card tbh) goes up a lot. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

I have a big priest in wild but I can say big priest isnt that good right now.. wild has been broken by warlocks and then hunters.. I almost everytime lose to warlock decks and I win hunters only IF I get barnes or copy of 5/5, but Im not so lucky most of times so sometimes I get expensive minions or res spells while I have no minions to res them.

Currently I stuck at Rank 10 and 90% of times my opponents are warlocks..sometimes I get mechathun locks sometimes discard locks etc  but I tell you warlock decks are cancer right now since I have some priest,paladin and mage decks but I cant beat locks...I even dont get close..

On 3/29/2019 at 10:14 PM, FanOfValeera said:

Of course it is personal opinion, and I respect everyone's.

But, if you are a control type player, this is the card which you don't like in theory. Combo/OTK decks, and big priest/druid/rogue/shaman and etc. feed on classic control decks, and they are punished by aggro. So, if this card keeps big priest as a viable archetype, there will be many aggro decks to prey on it, and big priest will just push control out of the meta. Keep this in mind too. Unless what you mean by control is generally slower decks, then yes, you will like playing around with this card. 

@Synesthesy Now we know that Barnes is on top of the list for nerfs, I expect a 2 or maybe even 3 mana cost nerf for that card. That will stop explosive openings for Big Priest, and if you cut him from the deck, Catrina value (any resurrect card tbh) goes up a lot. 

Yeah I meant slower decks in general yes ?