FORUMS
Zadina

Mass Resurrection & Sludge Slurper Reveals: Rise of Shadows

42648-no-surrender-reveal-rise-of-shadow

To finish off with today's reveals, we have a Rare Priest Spell and a Common Shaman minion.

Mass Resurrection was unveiled by SilverName on YouTube. The video is in Russian and as with all reveals not in English, I am not 100% sure this is the actual wording of the card. The effect is certain, though.

3k7dwvH.png

Sludge Slurper was revealed by Hearthstoria. The video is in Portuguese with English subtitles.

9xEKiJB.png

The sludge is nice for a 1st turn drop. Turn 1 drop this, turn 2 drop the lackey. It may be played in some kind of shaman. Expecially if some lackey sinergy will appear.

Mass Resurrection is......... I don't know. It's built to make Velen/Malygos priest not rotate with the spellstone. I don't know.
Big Priest in wild won't use this, it's too slow, they have better tools. In standard... I have a bad feeling about this.

As a person who deeply, deeply hates the resurrect mechanic, this is the first card I don't like from this set so far. Without Radiant Elemental and Shadow Visions, this isn't as good, but even then, I just don't like killing the same legendary 7 times. 

Play a priest deck with big minions only, w/o any combo. You know, Prophet VelenMalygosYsera, any big deathrattle they have and maybe some new stuff coming with this set. They are already hard to kill, so your opponent uses some resources to deal with them. Then, just get them back, over and over again.

I am not saying this card is going to be good, it will probably suck to be honest. But resurrection is a mechanic Team 5 has to put an end to, sooner or later. Rotating Eternal Servitude and Lesser Diamond Spellstone out was a good start, but they had other plans. 

Gonna say without a lot of accompanying cards to justify it (IE new priest creatures with amazing deathrattles or other utility) Mass Resurrection "isn't good enough".    It has to replace two better cards in Eternal Servitude and the spellstone, and it costs a good deal more to do less than the spellstone.  

Edited by Migol

27 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

As a person who deeply, deeply hates the resurrect mechanic, this is the first card I don't like from this set so far. Without Radiant Elemental and Shadow Visions, this isn't as good, but even then, I just don't like killing the same legendary 7 times. 

Play a priest deck with big minions only, w/o any combo. You know, Prophet VelenMalygosYsera, any big deathrattle they have and maybe some new stuff coming with this set. They are already hard to kill, so your opponent uses some resources to deal with them. Then, just get them back, over and over again.

I am not saying this card is going to be good, it will probably suck to be honest. But resurrection is a mechanic Team 5 has to put an end to, sooner or later. Rotating Eternal Servitude and Lesser Diamond Spellstone out was a good start, but they had other plans. 

Resurrection isn't a problem by his own, imho. Playing again a big guy with a discount isn't a problem, while you still have to play it before at least once. The problem about resurrection are only in some deck built for abuse this mechanic, and then again, not always.

The problem is when you can use the resurrection to OTK your opponent, and the problem is when you can cheat a big minion very early, and then again and again and again.  But in this case, the problem isn't the cheat alone, but who you cheat.

Me, I don't have a problem with big priest in wild, neither OTK nor regular. And I don't have problems with Barnes, that is fine in every other deck except big priest (I personally never ever played Barnes into Yasharaj into Yasharaj against someone not able to deal with it, call it bad luck :P). But it think it is finally time to print a tech against big resurrecting deck: a neutral transformation targeting card.

We are talking about a potential 9 mana play 25 mana worth of minions here. You think this is okay?

This card is not going to enable any OTK with whats left in standard right now, thats not the issue.

I play a lot of wild, and at the end of the day, I have a good winrate against big priest. Problem is, how it feels to play against it, and it is just terrible for me.

• Like 1

I must say I'm surprised that Sludge Slurper is not named "EVIL <something>", as it would have fitted nicely with the already revealed cards. Other than that, the card was very much expected, no surprise here.