FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Kripp's Murloc Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019

Guest Jim

Gotta say, this is a great and fun deck.  One of the reasons I enjoyed murloc paladins was because of the all-in nature of the decks.  You are going to clear this board right now or I'm going to kill you.

A side effect of this type of deck is that you can really burn through games quickly to climb the ladder.  If your deck has even a marginally decent win rate, you will excel.  When you win, you will finish your opponents quickly.  When you lose, it will become apparent fast enough to concede, or at least fight to a bitter end quickly with Nomi.

The long term concerns I have with this deck are:

Support for Nomi.  It's a great card for this deck, but in actual play, it is difficult to get much done with this card. I believe it's won me a game or two, but it's really the state of the game that makes this card fall flat.  You must already be exhausted of all other options to even play this card. I considered a card like Elysiana just to load another desperate bullet into this murloc makeup shotgun. You run the risk of increasing the cost of Prismatic Lens though, just as you do for running Nomi and not finding it early.

I guess I'm all right with that.  Not many other cards to consider there.

I don't like the two Acolytes of Pain.  Experimenting with Sword of Justice and a few other cards.

1 hour ago, Guest Jim said:

Gotta say, this is a great and fun deck.  One of the reasons I enjoyed murloc paladins was because of the all-in nature of the decks.  You are going to clear this board right now or I'm going to kill you.

A side effect of this type of deck is that you can really burn through games quickly to climb the ladder.  If your deck has even a marginally decent win rate, you will excel.  When you win, you will finish your opponents quickly.  When you lose, it will become apparent fast enough to concede, or at least fight to a bitter end quickly with Nomi.

The long term concerns I have with this deck are:

Support for Nomi.  It's a great card for this deck, but in actual play, it is difficult to get much done with this card. I believe it's won me a game or two, but it's really the state of the game that makes this card fall flat.  You must already be exhausted of all other options to even play this card. I considered a card like Elysiana just to load another desperate bullet into this murloc makeup shotgun. You run the risk of increasing the cost of Prismatic Lens though, just as you do for running Nomi and not finding it early.

I guess I'm all right with that.  Not many other cards to consider there.

I don't like the two Acolytes of Pain.  Experimenting with Sword of Justice and a few other cards.

I agree with your takes on this! The Acolytes are a super weird choice. I've noticed over the years that Kripp, who isn't mainly a constructed player, tends to put mediocre card draw options like Loot Hoarder and Acolyte into his day 1 decks during new expansions. You also seem to be right about Chef Nomi - it has really poor drawn winrates on HSReplay, so it might just not be worth running.

I'd recommend Truesilver Champion over the acolytes - just a really solid card and adds reach to help you close out games. For Nomi, you could just add Murloc Tidehunter number two! Sword of justice sounds cool though, let us know how it goes for you.

You might want to consider Salhet's Pride as card draw instead of the acolytes. A Baleful Banker for a second round of cooking (or wishing) might help as well, but face it, at that point stopping wasting time, conceding and finding another opponent is probably the smarter move by far.