FORUMS
Stan

Most Popular Classes in WoW Classic #2

G6vtHrF.jpg

We're looking at the most popular Classes in WoW Classic based on the traffic generated by our guides and compare it with the last week's report.

Warriors and Mages continue to be the most popular Classes in WoW Classic by far. The Mage leveling guide alone has generated double the traffic of the Rogue leveling guide. At Rank 4 we have the Priest, climbing up from Rank 7. All the other Classes fell by one rank and Shaman replaced Paladin, occupying Rank 8 at the moment.

Most Popular Classes in WoW Classic

Rank Class Guide
1 () Q21ASBT2SDXX1465340163697.png Warrior  Classic Warrior Leveling Guide
2 () KONFY3G21NRT1465340163602.png Mage Classic Mage Leveling Guide
3 () 4K4NG17DH5OC1465340163651.png Rogue Classic Rogue Leveling Guide
4 (7)

MMF2M70OD4PY1465340163646.png Priest

Classic Priest Leveling Guide

5 (4)

Y65BR5SJIAKM1465340163689.png Warlock

Classic Warlock Leveling Guide
6 (5)

3AP8QPDFMH191465340163595.png Hunter

Classic Hunter Leveling Guide

7 (6) BIML5YS7P8XA1465340163522.png Druid Classic Druid Leveling Guide
8 (9)

TGVJ0Y6O051R1465340163670.png Shaman

Classic Shaman Leveling Guide

9 (8) FTPZBBV8LWHM1465340163625.png Paladin Classic Paladin Leveling Guide

Well, it's not surprising that Paladin is at the bottom now. People love the fantasy of being a Paladin, but once that wore off, they realized that the class is barely even functional.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Monlyth said:

Well, it's not surprising that Paladin is at the bottom now. People love the fantasy of being a Paladin, but once that wore off, they realized that the class is barely even functional.

Pally's a must have in all dem raids and group pvp king and solo content god through relentless amount of autoattacks combined with strong CDs.

Well, of course Shaman and Paladin are at the bottom, when they can be played by just one faction. I would be interested to see, if they stay at the bottom, if you count them together. Make Shamadin for comparisons sake. ?

I was looking forward to play shaman, which was my main class before monk got released. But since i started with BC back then, i totally forgot that only horde shaman and only alliance paladins was a thing in the past. 

Also not surprised druid is low. Even though they are a PVP monster and solid PVE. You have one race option and aren't the best at any of your roles.

I'm playing one because I want the flexibility and I'll be good enough to carve out a niche, but also understand that not being able to rez people in a 5 man can be a bit of a challenge.

Interesting study!  I do wonder, however, whether these ranks are biased by harder to level classes.  For example, hunters and warlocks are much easier to level than a lot of classes while warriors and priests are notoriously hard to level solo.  Another factor may be that some have more complicated leveling opportunities such as mages with AOE leveling where it can take quite a bit of practice for a new player to master and many intricacies in doing so. 

It does seem like a good representation overall though.  I know warriors are likely to be the most popular while the bottom three tend to be druids, shamans, and paladins historically.

7 hours ago, Monlyth said:

What makes you say they're barely functional?

18 hours ago, CaperfinWoW said:

What makes you say they're barely functional?

Because they have almost no offensive capabilities. Seals, Judgment, autoattacks, Retribution Aura, Consecration... and that's it. They're boring as hell to play, and they're mostly stuck in a supporting role, in both PvE and PvP.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, Crazycajun said:

The question I have. Is the created toon classes, or actually played and leveled/leveling. 

The data is based entirely on the traffic generated by our guides.

As a mostly support player in most games. I enjoy paladins alot in both pve and pvp. And to add paladins are ranked even with priests as healers up to naxx. So they are among the best healers and easily the best support class.

So i really dont see them as dysfunctional. I see them as extremly useful and working as indended.

Mages and warriors without salvation is boring.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, Monlyth said:

They re hard to level up, not harder than warriors though. Once they LV up though their amazing utility buffs and debuffs, mostly auras, salvation buffs and Wistom judgement, allow far more bursty dps.
Also at high crit chance they do the same if not more heal than priests.