FORUMS
Stan

WoW Classic Content Hub

kLjm8tl.png

WoW Classic is nearly upon us and here's our Classic hub to help you out!

Welcome to our WoW Classic content hub! Here, you will find links to our latest Classic news coverage and guides.

Live Update

WoW Classic is now live. Don't forget to check out:

Many servers are experiencing long queues, so Blizzard decided to open up new realms after launch. Realms with Medium population are still experiencing prolonged queue times and Ion Hazzikostas explained why here. Check out WoW Classic Realm Population Hub for the latest news.

Global Launch

WoW Classic is set to launch on August 26 in the US // August 27.

See below for details on the exact time you can log in and experience the origins of World of Warcraft.

RVPR1QJFYYFY1557841233466.jpg

Blizzard will use a new technology called layering to ensure a smooth launch. They've fixed a lot of bugs since we last looked at layering and provided more clarifications in the latest Reddit AMA.

Character Creation

An active subscription is required to play the game and to reserve up to three characters ahead of launch. We've created a short guide, where we go through how to install the game, realm types and differences to help you pick the best server.

Realm Population Reports

We also post realm population reports on a regular basis to inform you about the current realm population, based on available data.

New & Returning Players

It doesn't matter if you're completely new to the game or a veteran, here are some interesting links to get you started with Classic WoW

Reconnect with Friends

If you're looking for old friends that you played Vanilla with, the community resources listed below may prove to be useful:

WoW Classic Guides

Our team has been hard at work to bring you guides for WoW Classic before launch! The goal is to have Class, Dungeon, Profession, and Reputation guides up as soon as possible with Raid guides and more to follow in the coming weeks.

Content Release Phases

To allow for meaningful progression, Classic will have 6 content phases that will be released over the course of the game to mimic Vanilla patches. In the initial phase, players will be able to access Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Maraudon.

Phase 1 (Launch) Molten Core
Onyxia
Maraudon
Open World PvP only (no honor or rewards)
Phase 2 Dire Maul
Azuregos
Kazzak
Honor System (including Dishonorable Kills)
PvP Rank Rewards
Phase 3 Blackwing Lair
Darkmoon Faire
Darkmoon Faire deck drops begin
Alterac Valley (version 1.12 4.1k)
Warsong Gulch
Phase 4 Zul'Gurub
Green Dragons
Arathi Basin
Phase 5 Ahn Qiraj War Effort begins
Ahn'Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates
Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates, and location changes
Phase 6 Naxxramas
Scourge Invasion
World PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands

WoW Classic Addons

Nobody is forcing you to use addons for Classic, but for those of you who don't want to waste their time with searching for every single quest, here's a list of addons that we previewed throughout Beta:

WoW Classic AMAs & Interviews

On August 20, Blizzard conducted an AMA on Reddit and we've learned more about the intended player cap for dungeons, loot tables, and other sub

WoW Classic "Not a Bug List"

Here we have a list of the most common misconceptions. Features that are perceived by players as bugs.

WoW Classic "Fixed Bugs List"

A list of bugs that have been fixed thanks to thousands of detailed bug reports sent by beta and stress testers who provided invaluable feedback over the course of testing!

Classic Spotlights

Links to articles that cover a variety of Classic topics.

• Thanks 1

To give you a better idea about what's changed, we will be updating the hub with these updates on a regular basis. Here are the articles added on August 20th .

Someone is going to try and beat the system.  It's human nature.

So, what if I log on to one of the servers Monday afternoon (26 August) to increase my name reservations from the 3 we were allowed this past Monday, to the 10 they're now going to allow us to create that afternoon.

So, I'm logging on at around 5:50 PM (east coast time), 26 August.  I'm kind of slow, taking my time, and it takes me till 6 PM (east coast time) just to get the names reserved for my next 4 characters.

So, then what happens at six PM?  Am I now capable of playing one of  my characters (without waiting for a queue since I'm already on the server which just became active?

If my 72-year old brain can think of this, so can others.

Will the Monday PM naming reservation shut down at a certain time, i.e., 5:30 PM (east coast / 2:30 PM Pacific) to clear everyone off the servers and allow the server to reboot before it becomes active for players?

Yeah, just saying lol.