FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Wrathion's Legendary Cloak & Corrupted Gear Preview

47403-transmog-your-cloak-into-a-backpac

Here's a preview of Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve (Wrathion's legendary cloak) that will help you inside Horrific Visions and we also get more details on Corrupted Items, mainly on how they work, examples of their on-use effects, how they alter your character's appearance, and more.

Related News

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

The Old God N’Zoth has been unleashed from his titanwrought prison, and an ancient corruption has taken root across Azeroth. Heroes of the Horde and Alliance will need to fight back the darkness by donning a new legendary cloak and by wielding corruption-forged weapons against the armies of the Black Empire. 

HEROES WEAR CAPES

Protecting your mind against N’Zoth requires an object of pure corruption—and Deathwing’s son Wrathion knows just where to find one. Work with the masterful Black Dragonflight to craft and upgrade Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve, a legendary cloak with the power to save your sanity and stave off the Old God’s influence. 

Wearing this cloak will help players venture deeper into N’Zoth’s Horrific Visions, earn greater rewards, and unlock more of the mysteries behind the Old God’s power. This cloak may also come in handy when you face off against N’Zoth himself in the upcoming raid. 

RISE THROUGH THE RANKS

Ashjra’kamas starts at rank 1 at item level 470 and with a small amount of Corruption Resistance, with subsequent ranks increasing its power and adding other unique effects. When you equip the cloak, you’ll immediately reduce Sanity loss while in Horrific Visions. At rank 6, the cloak will gain an on-use spell effect that dispels any effects of N’Zoth’s Corruption, and provides the wearer with immunity to any further Corruption effects for six seconds (3 minute cooldown). At rank 12, the cloak will also gain a Draconic Empowerment passive, causing your spells and abilities to have a chance to massively increase your primary stat.

Once your Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve reaches rank 15, you can begin to acquire Malefic Cores, which increase your Corruption Resistance by 3, to a maximum of 125. You can acquire one Malefic Core per week across all sources, including defeating N’Zoth in Ny’alotha on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic difficulty or by completing all objectives within a Horrific Vision.

Legendary Cloak Purification Transformation

As you purify your cloak of corruption, its appearance will morph to a pristine titan-esque aesthetic. 

Max-level players who have unlocked the Heart Forge will be able to accept a new quest, either “An Unwelcome Advisor” (Alliance) or “Return of the Black Prince” (Horde) to begin the storyline which grants this new legendary cloak.

HARNESS THE POWER OF THE VOID 

Turn N’Zoth’s dark power against him by seeking out weapons and armor tainted with Corruption, a new addition to items that provides powerful boons—with potentially deadly consequences. Seek out measures to counter these effects, or embrace its power and learn to endure the madness. 

Cursed by N’Zoth, corrupted items offer truly exceptional power—for a price. As you don more corrupted gear, you’ll find your spells will do more damage, or your heals will be more potent—but the Corruption will begin to affect you in increasingly perilous ways. At low Corruption levels, you may be slowed periodically when taking damage—while at higher corruption levels, evil forces from the Void may come for you at any moment. 

Deciding how much Corruption to take on is a delicate balancing act, but Corruption can be mitigated with your new legendary cloak and all new Essences. By equipping this gear, you can negate some of the corruption and reap the benefits of N’Zoth’s might with fewer downsides.

Corruption levels

Unmitigated corruption will seep from your character.

Corruption replaces Warforged and Titanforged properties on gear, with Corruption values and side effects varying on each piece, even between two of the same item. 

TIP: You can choose to cleanse your items of Corruption through Titanic Purification, which will cost you some Corrupted Mementos (rewarded for slaying enemies in new Horrific Visions instances). However, doing so will cause your item to lose the positive equip effect as well. 

Here are a few Corrupted effects that can appear on player equipment.

INEFFABLE TRUTH

Your Spells and Abilities have a chance to show you the Ineffable Truth, increasing the rate your cooldowns recover by 50% for 10 seconds.

TWILIGHT DEVASTATION

Your attacks have a chance to trigger a beam of Twilight Devastation, dealing damage equal to 5% of your health to all enemies in front to you.

AN EYE FOR AN EYE

Your equipment can be further enhanced with a Gouged Eye of N’Zoth, allowing you to add a Prismatic Socket to one piece of gear. This consumable can be purchased from Wrathion in the Chamber of Heart with Corrupted Mementos.

PURIFY YOUR WORLD

Get ready to secure your corrupted gear and obtain your legendary cloak once the Visions of N’Zoth content update goes live on January 14.

Join the discussion on the forums here.

Related News

Oh goodie yet another dam artifact/legendary Item we will spend months grinding power for only to have it became obsolete and thrown away mere days into the next expansion or next raid teir ? We just recently starting getting a handle on essences with the heart of Azeroth thing and now we will be doing double duty with a cape just to survive a single raid. All I am saying is if there going to make us bust our *filtered* to obtain somthing "legendary" atleast let it be useful longer then a dam month before being replaced with quest greens.

Edited by BlakeArmentrout

14 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Oh goodie yet another dam artifact/legendary Item we will spend months grinding power for only to have it became obsolete and thrown away mere days into the next expansion or next raid teir ? We just recently starting getting a handle on essences with the heart of Azeroth thing and now we will be doing double duty with a cape just to survive a single raid. All I am saying is if there going to make us bust our *filtered* to obtain somthing "legendary" atleast let it be useful longer then a dam month before being replaced with quest greens.

Next expension won't come at lest until august, maybe even later, that's not a month. 

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Next expension won't come at lest until august, maybe even later, that's not a month. 

True, this time.......but Blizzard has a habbit of making its new gear and gimmicks obsolete shortly after there release almost making the effort to obtain/empower them not worth the time investment, we'll have to see if this one will be different.

36 minutes ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

True, this time.......but Blizzard has a habbit of making its new gear and gimmicks obsolete shortly after there release almost making the effort to obtain/empower them not worth the time investment, we'll have to see if this one will be different.

Previous expansions gear should be repleced by the new one, you can level almost to max level without replacing items usually if you had good gear from the previous one. Do you want previous expansion stuff to beat max level new expansion gear or what?

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Previous expansions gear should be replaced by the new one, you can level almost to max level without replacing items usually if you had good gear from the previous one. Do you want previous expansion stuff to beat max level new expansion gear or what?

Well no not the gear and stuff, I was more focused on them coming up with a new interesting game mechanic, for example the artifact weapons in legion were a cool idea, yet on a whim throw it out and do something else, like when you reach 100 and go to legion now you still have to go do the quest to obtain your artifact weapon yet it is crap now with no special properties and it no longer scales to your level up to 110 making it vendor trash (which you cant even do because its unsellable and cant be thrown away) and legion has 0 weapon drops in it so your ether forced to buy the 110 upgrade for heirlooms or go through the whole portion of content with a sub par weapon. I am just afraid there going to do the same thing with the Heart of Azeroth, "ya know that new cool amulet you spent the better part of a year powering up?" garbage now here is a cape to use instead until we get bored with this idea and throw it away too. I am not saying there ideas have to last forever I just feel they change there minds too fast and don't give people enough time to really enjoy them before throwing something else in to the mix they have to learn,

8 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Well no not the gear and stuff, I was more focused on them coming up with a new interesting game mechanic, for example the artifact weapons in legion were a cool idea, yet on a whim throw it out and do something else, like when you reach 100 and go to legion now you still have to go do the quest to obtain your artifact weapon yet it is crap now with no special properties and it no longer scales to your level up to 110 making it vendor trash (which you cant even do because its unsellable and cant be thrown away) and legion has 0 weapon drops in it so your ether forced to buy the 110 upgrade for heirlooms or go through the whole portion of content with a sub par weapon. I am just afraid there going to do the same thing with the Heart of Azeroth, "ya know that new cool amulet you spent the better part of a year powering up?" garbage now here is a cape to use instead until we get bored with this idea and throw it away too. I am not saying there ideas have to last forever I just feel they change there minds too fast and don't give people enough time to really enjoy them before throwing something else in to the mix they have to learn,

You can level the artifact by placing relics into it the same way you did in legion so the weapons itemlevel increses the exact same way as it did during legion. The legendary cloak doesn't replace the neck at all, the neck is still more important. And they already said taht they wont take away the necks power when the expansion comes , it just won't get any stronger at that point.

6 hours ago, Lith said:

You can level the artifact by placing relics into it the same way you did in legion so the weapons item level increases the exact same way as it did during legion. The legendary cloak doesn't replace the neck at all, the neck is still more important. And they already said that they wont take away the necks power when the expansion comes , it just won't get any stronger at that point.

Your still kind of missing the point of my argument. If I'm going to spend a whole expansion grinding up power for a new game mechanic or legendary that is important to the story I would expect to keep that power moving forward or at least have it stay relevant other wise owning it at all was a waste of time, For example if I for one knew that the artifacts were going to be used at the end of the expansion and cast aside would not have spent as much time gathering power to max it out and focused on other content I knew was going to carry further in the future. In any cast I was glad to hear in the next patch we can transmog any legendaries we collected (something we have been asking for since Cataclysm) better late then never I suppose.

2 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Your still kind of missing the point of my argument. If I'm going to spend a whole expansion grinding up power for a new game mechanic or legendary that is important to the story I would expect to keep that power moving forward or at least have it stay relevant other wise owning it at all was a waste of time, For example if I for one knew that the artifacts were going to be used at the end of the expansion and cast aside would not have spent as much time gathering power to max it out and focused on other content I knew was going to carry further in the future. In any cast I was glad to hear in the next patch we can transmog any legendaries we collected (something we have been asking for since Cataclysm) better late then never I suppose.

You can transmog the artifacts too so we carried it further, or thats fine for legendaries but not for  artacts or what?

4 hours ago, Lith said:

You can transmog the artifacts too so we carried it further, or thats fine for legendaries but not for  artacts or what?

no your right i just sort of lumped the artifacts in with legendaries as they were unique and iconic symbols of lore and what not, it dont really matter I guess I was just bitter against the time invested grinds they have put us through the last few expansions, seems we do more earn x rep/power/tokens to unlock x reward you should have had from the start and will only enjoy a short while before it is no longer relevant and replaced by a new expansion long grind fest. I could just be slow but for me doing dailies to earn rep for flying or other stuff takes almost the whole day to where I am too burned out to play any more that day to even have fun with the stuff I am working toward. I want to love the game the way I did when I started back in Wrath of the Lich King and its just becoming harder to stay interested in it when it feels more like a job then a game.