Jump to content
FORUMS
Stan

New Profession Recipes in Visions of N'Zoth

Recommended Posts

44100-patch-82-profession-guides.jpg

Here is an overview of new Profession items coming in Patch 8.3.

  • There are no new gathering materials in Visions of N'Zoth, so you can stock up on mats now and craft the new items when the patch goes live.
  • Crafting professions with the exception of Engineering can create new item level 440/455/470 BoP gear and item level 400 BoE gear.
  • All professions have access to Void Focus Void Focus used to craft powerful items.

Alchemy

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Alchemy Recipes]

Blacksmithing

Smiths can craft new item level 400 BoE gear in Patch 8.3 and item level 440/455/470 BoP gear.

Item Level 400 BoE Gear

Examples include Uncanny Combatant's Spellblade Uncanny Combatant's SpellbladeUncanny Combatant's Plate Gauntlets Uncanny Combatant's Plate GauntletsUncanny Combatant's Plate Armguards Uncanny Combatant's Plate Armguards.

Item Level 440 Belt & Pants

Item Level 455 Belt & Pants

Item Level 470 Belt & Pants

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Blacksmithing Recipes]

Cooking

New food provides various perks while in a Vision of N'Zoth.

  • Baked Voidfin Baked Voidfin increases Movement Speed by 20% while in a Vision of N'Zoth.
  • Dubious Delight Dubious Delight reduces the duration of incoming crowd control effects by 20% while in a Vision of N'Zoth.
  • Ghastly Goulash Ghastly Goulash regenerates 2% of your maximum Health per second while in a Vision of N'Zoth.
  • Grilled Gnasher Grilled Gnasher makes you assume the form of a K'thir, reducing the range that enemies will attack you while in a Vision of N'Zoth for 10 min.
  • K'Bab K'Bab instantly restores 100 Sanity if you spend at last 10 seconds eating.

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Cooking Recipes]

Enchanting

Enchanters will be able to create a BoE item level 400 wand in Visions of N'Zoth. No new recipes beyond that have been added.

Item Level 400 BoE Gear

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Enchanting Recipes]

Engineering

Engineers can create new item level 445/460/475 for themselves and a BoE gun.

Item Level 400 BoE Gear

Item Level 445 Gear

Item Level 460 Gear

Item Level 475 Gear

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Engineering Recipes]

Inscription

Scribes can create contracts for the new factions, a BoE off-hand, and a Vantus Rune for the new raid.

Contracts

Item Level 400 BoE Gear

Vantus Runes

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Inscription Recipes]

Jewelcrafting

440/455/470 item level rings with sockets can be created through Jewelcrafting in Patch 8.3 along with a BoE staff.

Item Level 400 BoE Gear

BoP Rings

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Jewelcrafting Recipes]

Leatherworking

New Leatherworking recipes come with BoP item level 440/455/470 gear and BoE gear which can be sold on the Auction House.

Item Level 400 BoE Gear

Examples include Uncanny Combatant's Leather Armguards Uncanny Combatant's Leather ArmguardsUncanny Combatant's Leather Treads Uncanny Combatant's Leather TreadsUncanny Combatant's Mail Armguards Uncanny Combatant's Mail Armguards.

Item Level 440 Gear

Leather

Mail

Item Level 455 Gear

Leather

Mail

Item Level 470 Gear

 

Leather

Mail

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Leatherworking Recipes]

Tailoring

Finally, tailors can create 440/455/470 gear as well as item level 400 Cloth BoE items. 

Item Level 400 BoE Gear

Examples include Uncanny Combatant's Satin Mittens Uncanny Combatant's Satin MittensUncanny Combatant's Satin Cloak Uncanny Combatant's Satin CloakUncanny Combatant's Satin Boots Uncanny Combatant's Satin Boots.

 

Item Level 440 Gear

Item Level 455 Gear

Item Level 470 Gear

[Full List of Patch 8.3 Tailoring Recipes]

Related News 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole 8.3 seems to be a huge recycle bag. Its early to judge but i can't help it , it looks realy cheap. Remastered old zone , no recipe , almost no gathering mats. It will bring some interesing feature such as auction house revamp and corruption system , but those are side thing , im realy scared that the main content will disapointed and last for 2 months max,  we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A real shame they didn't boost the BoE gear to 415... 400 will be pretty much useless outside of the weapons at a push, and even then that's the same as WQ's will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, yeah BoE craftables being ilevel 400 while the _raid finder_ requires 415?

Dear lord they want people to buy gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, I think it is time for Blizzard to give professions the "Inscription treatment" and just make every profession just aimed at vanity stuff. For example:

  • Give Blacksmith/Leatherworking/Tailoring the ability to craft old Tier Set equivalents/recolors for people who want to collect transmogs. The gear would have no stats, just act as a cosmetic ensemble.
  • Give Engineering the ability to craft various different types of unique Toys with craziest effects.
  • Give Enchanting the ability to create weapon and gear cosmetic effects, such as different glows and sparks to be applied on stuff, even armor.

Not only doing that would give players a reason to actually care about professions, but would give that OOMPH in the game economy as players would have something meaningful to spend gold on. Blizzard loves adding "gold sinker" mounts that cost exorbitant amounts, so why not make so players can craft their own cosmetic items?

Also, by doing that Blizzard would remove that annoying necessity that we've always had when switching gear to go through miles to re-enchant/gem every single piece, which is frankly very annoying an obnoxious.

Edited by Valhalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

In my opinion, I think it is time for Blizzard to give professions the "Inscription treatment" and just make every profession just aimed at vanity stuff. For example:

  • Give Blacksmith/Leatherworking/Tailoring the ability to craft old Tier Set equivalents/recolors for people who want to collect transmogs. The gear would have no stats, just act as a cosmetic ensemble.
  • Give Engineering the ability to craft various different types of unique Toys with craziest effects.
  • Give Enchanting the ability to create weapon and gear cosmetic effects, such as different glows and sparks to be applied on stuff, even armor.

Not only doing that would give players a reason to actually care about professions, but would give that OOMPH in the game economy as players would have something meaningful to spend gold on. Blizzard loves adding "gold sinker" mounts that cost exorbitant amounts, so why not make so players can craft their own cosmetic items?

Also, by doing that Blizzard would remove that annoying necessity that we've always had when switching gear to go through miles to re-enchant/gem every single piece, which is frankly very annoying an obnoxious.

Not sure what you mean by inscription treatment, it's been one of my best gold makers this patch with the trinkets. For your points though:

  • Would be cool to get the full sets, but they do already have some parts of the old sets, and keeping them in the raid is a good way to get gold into the game and keeps people running the old raids for achievements, pets, etc
  • They do have this already tbf, though more the merrier. But again, engi helm is a good way to ilvl boost if nothing else
  • You mean like illusions that they have for weapons and can already make?

Easier thing to do, boost the ilvl of BoE profession gear to be in line with the base mythic (so 415 for 8.3) and we're golden, keep it somewhat relevant. As it is, 8.2 gear is a load of shite, especially with Benthic, and 8.3 is just as bad (if not worse) with the new BoA tokens (worse as new tokens inc rings/trinkets). 

Also for last point, no idea what you mean, not having to buy gems/enchants would ruin JC (further, it's already shocking), and Enchanting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bobbis said:

Not sure what you mean by inscription treatment, it's been one of my best gold makers this patch with the trinkets. For your points though:

  • Would be cool to get the full sets, but they do already have some parts of the old sets, and keeping them in the raid is a good way to get gold into the game and keeps people running the old raids for achievements, pets, etc
  • They do have this already tbf, though more the merrier. But again, engi helm is a good way to ilvl boost if nothing else
  • You mean like illusions that they have for weapons and can already make?

Easier thing to do, boost the ilvl of BoE profession gear to be in line with the base mythic (so 415 for 8.3) and we're golden, keep it somewhat relevant. As it is, 8.2 gear is a load of shite, especially with Benthic, and 8.3 is just as bad (if not worse) with the new BoA tokens (worse as new tokens inc rings/trinkets). 

Also for last point, no idea what you mean, not having to buy gems/enchants would ruin JC (further, it's already shocking), and Enchanting...

When I say "Inscription Treatment" I mean when they got rid of the Glyph system that improved spells, and made so that Glyphs are purely cosmetical items that change a spell appearance.

  • They could just be recolors of existing sets. That would add more variety in gear customization without making transmog raiding useless.
  • Precisely, the more the merrier.
  • Yes, regarding Enchanting I meant Illusions. Particles are not hard to create, and would be very easy to implement a bunch of craftable Illusions with funky new effects.

Yes, I know it is a massive overhaul, but the current profession system is not fun (it has never been fun, in my opinion). Jewelcrafting could just be reduced to something else; maybe a mix of Toy-crafting / Mount-crafting, as Jewelcrafting has plenty of mounts at its library.

Just throwing out ideas. Professions being aimed at cosmetics would not only make them more fun, but possibly more relevant and everlasting. Gear is temporary, mounts and transmogs are forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So right now if i would want with blacksmithing to make the  440 belt and pants i need the crafting station in nazjatar with  done quest from eternal palace right? will i need those for 470 pieces or no? i cant find a proper answer anywhere   and im pretty scared of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Depresjon said:

Is it me or are the links not working?

It works again, it was just because of the PTR database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 8:15 PM, Miscool said:

So right now if i would want with blacksmithing to make the  440 belt and pants i need the crafting station in nazjatar with  done quest from eternal palace right? will i need those for 470 pieces or no? i cant find a proper answer anywhere   and im pretty scared of it

You won't, there's a new pattern and item coming but the system will be similar to how it worked in 8.2. Difference being more ways to get the upgrade item for the forge, seen World Boss, HK's and BG's will give them too

 

On 1/10/2020 at 12:53 PM, Valhalen said:

When I say "Inscription Treatment" I mean when they got rid of the Glyph system that improved spells, and made so that Glyphs are purely cosmetical items that change a spell appearance.

  • They could just be recolors of existing sets. That would add more variety in gear customization without making transmog raiding useless.
  • Precisely, the more the merrier.
  • Yes, regarding Enchanting I meant Illusions. Particles are not hard to create, and would be very easy to implement a bunch of craftable Illusions with funky new effects.

Yes, I know it is a massive overhaul, but the current profession system is not fun (it has never been fun, in my opinion). Jewelcrafting could just be reduced to something else; maybe a mix of Toy-crafting / Mount-crafting, as Jewelcrafting has plenty of mounts at its library.

Just throwing out ideas. Professions being aimed at cosmetics would not only make them more fun, but possibly more relevant and everlasting. Gear is temporary, mounts and transmogs are forever.

Ah that makes sense, thanks for clearing.

What if they did both in one go, make the pvp "catch up" gear they can craft, designed around tmog, but be actually useful as catch up gear too. Boom, two birds one stone. 

They all need a lot of work, and I just can't see them doing it unfortunately. They seem to be pulling stuff out of expansions rather than add to them looking at SL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      The Gallywix boosting community is pretty well known in WoW, featuring many players from top guilds engaging in gold boosts, but now it seems they've been dabbling in real money gold selling as well, and Blizzard isn't having it. As the actions are against the Terms of Service, Blizzard has started banning accounts related to the real money boosting activities. While the focus is on Gallywix, the investigation is still ongoing and might target other RMT boosting services as well. It is unclear whether the "ban" term used by Blizzard refers to permanent account closures, but that seem most likely.
      Gallywix Bans (source)
      After performing a thorough investigation, we’ve identified that the Gallywix boosting organization has been taking part in gold selling for real money. Real money trading – also known as RMT – is a serious violation of our End-User License Agreement and is not tolerated, therefore we’ve begun taking action and have banned accounts in North America and Europe that were associated with this group and taking part in the real money trading transactions.
      These actions have primarily targeted the Gallywix organization so far, but our investigations are ongoing and additional accounts involved with running this organization may be banned in the future.
      Going forward, accounts may receive actions if they are found to be involved in future transactions with Gallywix or are actively advertising it.
      Thank you for your understanding.
    • By Starym
      Ivan Kuzkin is back with another mix , with a bit more focus on the PvE side of WoW esports, with Mythic+ getting a prominent chunk, followed by the Arena action similar to what's we've already seen, but featuring a brand new first-person outlaw Rogue PoV. This is all built with IKedit's trademark amazingly fluid animations and crazy armor effects any warrior would kill for (and kill with, as it happens).
       

      Related IKedit articles:
      Secrets of Ulduar Remastered
      Best of 2019 PvP Cinematic & More
      Extinction Machinima - Sargeras' Sword Vs. Azeroth
      Fall of the Lich King
      The Wrathgate
      Fury of the Sunwell
      The Black Temple
      The Gods of Zul'Aman
      Demon Hunters Machinima
      Class Series Machinima: Druid
    • By Stan
      We're looking at how rain in Ardenweald looks like. Courtesy of Reddit user zugzug_workwork.
      Blizzard is constantly improving weather effects in WoW and here is how raining in Ardenweald, one of the new Shadowlands zones, looks like.
    • By Stan
      Yesterday, we previewed Great Vault, the new weekly chest of Shadowlands, but many players were confused about how the rewards from Mythic Dungeons will be calculated, so here's are some clarifications.
      To unlock more loot choices in the Great Vault, you must complete the following objectives related to Mythic Dungeons:
      Slot #1: Complete 1 Mythic Dungeon Slot #2: Complete 5 Mythic Dungeons Slot #3: Complete 15 Mythic Dungeons If you complete 15 Mythic Dungeons in a week, you will be able to choose from up to 3 items.
      Your reward is based on the lowest level of your top 1 (Slot #1), 5 (Slot #2), and 15 (Slot #3) runs. Redditor zawyer90 posted an image and explained how the system works, so helping your friend with a Mythic +5 run will not affect your weekly item choices.

      (Source)
    • By Starym
      We have a bunch of retail and Classic hotfixes today, leaning heavily on the Classic side, with the Ectoplasmic Distiller fix and epic Draconic pages.
      July 31 (source)
      tems and Rewards
      Corrupted Items Reverted the recent change made on the interaction between Fist of Justice and Ineffable Truth for Holy and Protection Paladins. WoW Classic
      The Ectoplasmic Distiller quest item no longer generates threat. Developers’ note: Ordinarily we err on the side of authenticity when it comes to clever use of mechanics in Classic, even if we believe the original development team would have made a change given the same information we now have. The Ectoplasmic Distiller presents a rare exception mainly due to its severity: this new discovery of an unintended mechanic would completely trivialize most threat gameplay in raids for the remainder of Classic if left unchecked, including upcoming bosses in Ahn’Qiraj and Naxxramas. The pages for the quest “Draconic for Dummies” are now Epic quality. Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on "Draconic for Dummies" quest pages to Epic (purple) so that they'll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.
×
×
  • Create New...