Vengeance Demon Hunter Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 8 to 70 (Dragonflight 10.2)
Item level is always more important than individual stats when leveling up. Always choose the piece of gear with the highest item level.
Rotation and Talent Breakdown
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as Vengeance Demon Hunter
You unlock your Demon Hunter talent tree at level 10 and will get access to points to spend in the Vengeance tree every level after that.
Below is what talents and abilities recommended that you access as you level. Note that talents may differ from what is recommended for other content once you hit level 70.
Rotation while leveling up
- Use The Hunt.
- Use Soul Carver.
- Use Elysian Decree.
- Use Fiery Brand.
- Use Fel Devastation.
- Use Immolation Aura.
- Use Soul Cleave when you have enough Fury.
- Use Felblade to build Fury.
- Use Fracture to build Fury and Soul Fragments.
- Use Spirit Bomb with 4+ Soul Fragments.
- Use Soul Cleave to dump Fury after using Spirit Bomb.
- Build Fury using Shear.
Vengeance Demon Hunter War Mode Talents for Leveling
Questing in War Mode provides at least 10% additional experience and three new talents to choose. You will unlock one talent slot at level 20, 30, and level 40. There are several good choices depending on the content you are doing and whether or not you are playing solo.
- Everlasting Hunt is a passive ability that increases your movement speed by 15% for 3 seconds when dealing damage. This ability is designed to move from pack to pack quickly and more efficiently.
- Jagged Spikes reflects damage back to the attacker for 30% of the damage received when Demon Spikes is active. A strong tool to speed up how fast you can kill enemies while leveling.
- Illidan's Grasp crowd controls 1 target for 6 seconds. If the ability is activated again, throw the target at a location within 40 yards and stun everything in the target area for 3 seconds. This ability provides additional crowd control and is fun to use.
- Tormentor debuffs the target when taunted, applying the Focused Assault debuff, which increases the damage received by 3%. Your melee attacks refresh the duration of Focused Assault. Each unique target up to 5 that hits the target will stack Focused Assault by an additional 3%. This ability will provide a decent single-target damage buff in a party.
- Detainment increases the duration of Imprison by 2 seconds and makes the imprisoned target immune to damage and healing. This talent is amazing for arena and battlegrounds, but it should not be picked for leveling. Imprisoning a target while using this talent will put you into combat and prevents monster skipping when leveling.
- Unending Hatred increases Fury generation based on magic damage received. Larger attacks will increase Fury generation. This talent is quite situational and weak while leveling.
- Cleansed by Flame removes all magical effects when you cast Immolation Aura. This talent is situational, but it can be very strong depending on the situation.
- Demonic Trample transforms you into a demon and increases your movement speed by 175%. Any enemy hit with the trample will be knocked and receive physical damage. You are immune to snares while trampling. Demonic Trample shares cooldown with Infernal Strike. This ability is decent to move around inside caves and other places where you cannot mount.
- Sigil Mastery reduces the cooldown of sigils by 25%. This talent should not be used.
- Reverse Magic removes all harmful magic effects on you and all allies within 10 yards and, if possible, returns them to their caster. It has a 1-minute cooldown. Can provide situational value while leveling.
- Blood Moon empowers your Consume Magic to now affect all enemies within 8 yards of the target, and grants 5% leech for 5 seconds after using it.
- Chaotic Imprint makes your Throw Glaive deal damage from a random school of magic, leaving a mark increasing their damage taken from that school by 10% for 20 seconds. A good talent to increase damage done to enemies that you gather with Throw Glaive.
- Cover of Darkness increases the radius of Darkness by 4 yards and increases its duration by 2 seconds.
- Rain from Above launches you up in the air and grants access to Fel Lance allowing you to deal damage to enemies on the ground.
- Glimpse grants you immunity to loss of control effects while under the effect of Vengeful Retreat and reduces damage taken by 75% until you land. A talent that will not add much to your leveling experience.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 26 Mar. 2023: Fixed issue with Talent Tree.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2