FORUMS
Damien

Mythic+ DPS Tier List

On 11/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, Taikanshiki said:

When are you gonna give the final verdict ?

Down the Season we will have the final verdict!

On 11/15/2020 at 4:29 PM, Newtwo said:

heya, please change fire mage DPS, cuz this spec very strong in myth+, i think S-tier. Fire doesnt deal AoE damage with ignite, now fire spam flamestrikes. Flamestrike damage with combust without target limits and with legendaries OP now you can check in beta right now in myth+. ofc fire bis covenant Night Fae. 

Been changed for a while, sometimes it takes us longer to update due to many changes, and before any, I do have to test it for myself and run data analysis!

Guest Mage Fan

I agree with most of this tier list, the only thing that is not clicking with me is fire mage above frost mage. I mean, I understand how strong uncapped aoe is, but Glacial Fragments legendary covers aoe of frost mage very well. While on paper Fire Mage does look better, in reality it feels like through out all mythics and all encounters Frost comes first, even after nerf.

1 hour ago, Guest Mage Fan said:

I agree with most of this tier list, the only thing that is not clicking with me is fire mage above frost mage. I mean, I understand how strong uncapped aoe is, but Glacial Fragments legendary covers aoe of frost mage very well. While on paper Fire Mage does look better, in reality it feels like through out all mythics and all encounters Frost comes first, even after nerf.

Looking from this perspective, both specs (Fire and Frost ) do come very close when it comes down to DPS. Right now, with Fire currently do have a slight edge over Frost, but by means a lot. It will come down to later tunnings to determine which one is the better spec. But nonetheless, mage is looking very strong!

Guest MM hunter

hey long time MM hunter here. while there have been some "azerite traits" or an unlockable upgrade in "thas'dorah" (during legion) over the years, i do believe we cant cast aimed shot (our primary damage source) while moving. i may have overlooked something as im not maining hunter for our journey into mythic Nathria but i havent really noticed a way around this. just food for thought if that is one of the reasons they belong in S-tier. they are still very strong and deserving in my opinion, just not for the combat mobility sake. let me know if im missing something, if i can cast aimed shot on the move it would be a game changer!

Guest Llokki

Very sad to see Demolock ranked dead last, especially when I find it one of the most enjoyable specs in the game. I still seem to be crushing it with mine in dungeons, so we’ll see how I go once I hit mythic+

On 12/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, Guest MM hunter said:

hey long time MM hunter here. while there have been some "azerite traits" or an unlockable upgrade in "thas'dorah" (during legion) over the years, i do believe we cant cast aimed shot (our primary damage source) while moving. i may have overlooked something as im not maining hunter for our journey into mythic Nathria but i havent really noticed a way around this. just food for thought if that is one of the reasons they belong in S-tier. they are still very strong and deserving in my opinion, just not for the combat mobility sake. let me know if im missing something, if i can cast aimed shot on the move it would be a game changer!

Hey, thank you for taking interest in our Mythic+ Tierlist.
Sadly you are right, MM cannot cast Aimed Shot while moving, you can only cast Steady Shot, but nonetheless MM is very strong pick in the current meta and it does extremely well in all aspects: DPS, mobility, survivability and utility!

On 12/13/2020 at 7:25 PM, Guest Llokki said:

Very sad to see Demolock ranked dead last, especially when I find it one of the most enjoyable specs in the game. I still seem to be crushing it with mine in dungeons, so we’ll see how I go once I hit mythic+

Hey Llokki,
While Demonology  Warlock is rated as the least desirable DPS to have in your group, that doesn't mean the class is bad itself but rather other classes are slightly better. This by no mean should stop you of playing and enjoying it, as warlock is much better in Raiding than it is currently in Mythic+. I do believe in "bring the player not the class" so keep your head up and enjoy whatever specialization you want! 

11 hours ago, Guest Sesleri said:

Affliction is A tier this list should be updated

Hey Sesleri, thank you for taking interest in our post!
Affliction Warlock currently performs really good in Raiding, but the case is not the same in Mythic+. On the lower keystone level, Affliction struggles to perform as good, needing to ramp up it's DoTs, on top of this, the utility that offer is not as good as some classes like Balance Druid or Marksmanship Hunter.
So while is extremely valuable in raiding, in Mythic+ it lacks essential details to be placed anywhere higher.

Guest Carcher

Surv hunter lowest tier.....that is why I surpass all DPS who are 10 IL higher in mythic in aoe and single......surv hunter became s tier cuz of the DPS charts that appeared at raids and mythic + ....

Guest Hurol

Will this be updated soon? Some new balances just got released for some classes like arms warrior and frost mage getting a buff.

2 hours ago, Guest Hurol said:

Will this be updated soon? Some new balances just got released for some classes like arms warrior and frost mage getting a buff.

Due to be updated in day or two !

On 1/11/2021 at 3:12 AM, Guest Carcher said:

Surv hunter lowest tier.....that is why I surpass all DPS who are 10 IL higher in mythic in aoe and single......surv hunter became s tier cuz of the DPS charts that appeared at raids and mythic + ....

Tier list is to be updated soon, tons of changes, stay tuned ❤️

Guest Question:

Did you calculated the aoe legendary‘s from the classes too and their soulbinds and covenants? Would be nice to tell exactly how u calculated it i think legendarys of convenants would be make things change. 

11 hours ago, Guest Question: said:

Did you calculated the aoe legendary‘s from the classes too and their soulbinds and covenants? Would be nice to tell exactly how u calculated it i think legendarys of convenants would be make things change. 

I'm not sure what do you mean by that question, could you be more specific

Thank you for the interest ❤️

Having Fire Mage as S-Tier and Frost Mage as B-Tier immediately makes me sceptical about these rankings for Mythic Plus.  The Glacial Fragments legendary, which isn't even mentioned in the guide, is a must-have for Mythic Plus and makes Frost very competitive on AOE fights.  It only lags behind Fire on short single target fights where Combustion's burst nuke can shine.

Noxxic's DPS rankings list Frost above Fire on 3+ targets at every gear level for damage output, and in my own sims and in-game testing I cannot get Fire to outperform Frost on 3+ targets, with Frost performing 8-10% higher DPS across a range of gear levels.

Aside from Blizzard, Frost's AOE damage rotation is entirely instant-cast, which makes Frost one of the most mobile classes in the game, it also has the ability to almost permanently slow mobs to help with kiting, and the rotation is so easy that even novice players can get huge numbers out of it.

This has already been mentioned in the comments, and Frost's damage output has been increased 9% since those comments, yet the author still has Frost as B-Tier, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Guest Grunge

Disappointing how destro locks got a buff on chaos bolt and were still at bottom

Guest Ocho

Been away for a while. I see that the last update is Jan 31st. Is the game dead or has this tier list not changed since then? 

Just now, Guest Ocho said:

Been away for a while. I see that the last update is Jan 31st. Is the game dead or has this tier list not changed since then? 

The M+ Tier is about to be updated, in the following days!

Guest Bayla

I'm not sure the Feral Druid description is entirely correct. I agree it's probably a C-tier class, but it has way more single target capabilities than aoe. If you look at raiding parses, Feral Druids top charts during single target fights due to legendaries and the single target power of Convoke The Spirits.

12 hours ago, Guest Bayla said:

I'm not sure the Feral Druid description is entirely correct. I agree it's probably a C-tier class, but it has way more single target capabilities than aoe. If you look at raiding parses, Feral Druids top charts during single target fights due to legendaries and the single target power of Convoke The Spirits.

Feral Druid scaling has been rising ever since, its single-target is strong due to Convoke of the Spirits, just like Balance Druids and their Incarn + Convoke. The placing of the druid, as you said, is totally deserved due to the overall damage profile, specifically their AoE which is not competitive enough to be placed anywhere higher.