FORUMS
Damien

Mythic+ DPS Tier List

4 hours ago, Guest Actual rogue player said:

I think your list is lacking fundamental knowledge about the rogue class.

Outlaw: Deathspike is dead for all content, stop talking about it.
Assassination: Has no special secondary stat scaling, stop trying to make it a thing, it will be average in m+ just like it is now.
Subtlety: Got a huge 25% aoe buff going into 9.1, yet you say "no changes". It got a 10% buff to ST, yet again "no changes". You talk about Akaari and Deeper daggers like they are broken, something they havent been since 9.0 beta. I don't understand how you can possibly pretend to spend time on this list when you can't even fact check stuff that's 10 months old or keep up to date with simple PTR updates.

TLDR: List is bad for multiple reasons, the rogue evaluation is wrong everywhere and I don't know who you talked to about rogue, but you should check your sources.

Hey!

All of those changes were documented and on the way (in a few hours due to the system)

This was a preliminary release and we are looking to perfecting the tier-list as times comes.
Few things have changed and adressed and I am looking forward to see your opinion on it!

Guest DO NOT USE THIS LIST

this tier list is garbage. GO watch videos of the spec you want to playa nd listen to them. In no way will fire be second lol almost every mage content creator including fire mages will tell you to switch to arcane. frost is not ahead of arcane lmao. also feral is not last. shame on the writer

On 6/24/2021 at 7:33 PM, Guest DO NOT USE THIS LIST said:

this tier list is garbage. GO watch videos of the spec you want to playa nd listen to them. In no way will fire be second lol almost every mage content creator including fire mages will tell you to switch to arcane. frost is not ahead of arcane lmao. also feral is not last. shame on the writer

Hey 

I would actually be interested to see evidence of that. If you would have checked the details on the tier list, it says this is a PRELIMINARY tier-list based on the first week of Mythic+ in Season 2, starting with 2 potency conduits. Were the sims done with the current gear or were they done with max gear 3 potency conduits on them?

Under Frost Mage is written that they will perform great as soon as they have an option for 3rd potency conduit and additional gear/stats,. They are still a very strong , just not as strong in week 1.

Please provide me with an actual evidence sims instead of refering to the tier-list as hoax.

The tier list is not just purely based on damage, put rather group utility, survavibility, self-sustain, immunity and mobility. Yes Arcane damage MIGHT have higher potential damage profile but their utility compared to frost is BEHIND.

In regards of feral druid, what would you put last in your opinion?

Thanks and please attach actual evidence of the sims of Frost Mage, I am sure the whole Mythic+ comminity is interested!

You should probably either get help from the class discords or ask theorycrafters to help you out on these lists because they contain some very weird statements and shows that you clearly lack knowledge about specs you dont play. "Fire Mages are known to scale greatly with secondary stats" when in-fact fire mage hasnt scaled better than any other class since they added Enhanced Pyrotechnics and bumped the passive crit gain back in WoD.

Its a terrible meme that people think is true and keep parroting for whatever reason.

Also if you want sims here, they're literally pinned in every channel in the mage discord and also contain a direct link to the simc html report: https://cteer458.github.io/mage-sims/

(They are obviously done with current tier gear because half of the stuff including most trinkets still havent been added to simc)

Not trying to bash on you or anything but making lists with obvious inaccurate information that people then blindly follow and spew out in the class discord causes alot of trouble for the rest of us.

Edited by Deame

18 hours ago, Deame said:

You should probably either get help from the class discords or ask theorycrafters to help you out on these lists because they contain some very weird statements and shows that you clearly lack knowledge about specs you dont play. "Fire Mages are known to scale greatly with secondary stats" when in-fact fire mage hasnt scaled better than any other class since they added Enhanced Pyrotechnics and bumped the passive crit gain back in WoD.

Its a terrible meme that people think is true and keep parroting for whatever reason.

Also if you want sims here, they're literally pinned in every channel in the mage discord and also contain a direct link to the simc html report: https://cteer458.github.io/mage-sims/

(They are obviously done with current tier gear because half of the stuff including most trinkets still havent been added to simc)

Not trying to bash on you or anything but making lists with obvious inaccurate information that people then blindly follow and spew out in the class discord causes alot of trouble for the rest of us.

Hey, thank you for taking interest in our Mythic+ tier-list

Fire mage statement has been already fixed (2 days) ago and is soon going to be implemented live. There is a big disclaimer that this is a preliminary tier-list and there is not set in stone with all the information we have so far leading towards 9.1, nonetheless fire mage scalin has been addressed and changed, but thank you for noticing!

Are those sims implemented with 3 potency conduit kept in mind? Mage APL profile is not yet ready for 9.1 that includes everything as far as I know so I wonder how those sims were generated? If you could elaborate more on that topic will make a lot more sense!

Not trying to de-value your comment, I appreciate the input and you are totally right about Fire Mage, but a hot-fix is on a day, but assuming the whole information is "inaccurate" because of one wrong sentence under Fire Mage and their scaling seems odd.

Once again, keep in mind that this tier-list is based on purely MY opinion with a help of dozen of class-specific theorycrafters. This is a SUBJECTIVE opinion and can vary depending on the person to person!

1 hour ago, Guest Rob said:

Just an FYI - you have Affliction Warlock in list twice.

It's a spelling mistake and should be removed shortly!

In addition, they provide great priority-target damage while doing AoE, when opting to play with the Echoes of the Great Sundering Icon Echoes of the Great Sundering Legendary (which is the standard one for Mythic+).

Seems like mistake? Elem sham paragraph 1

Edited by GomeR

Guest Alcatraz

its kind of odd to me seeing ret paladin all the way down in B. as a ret player i agree with what desc says. rets damage output does depend on their cooldowns, however considering ret can burst every 2 mins and if the burst includes stacking seraphim and 1 or 2 trinkets on avenging wrath, AND tempest of the lightbringer legendary with kyrian's divine toll it easily becomes one of the hugest dmg outputs in the game. i've done mythics up to 11 and higher i go the better it gets as the 2 min cooldown becomes friendlier with high hp enemies.

On 7/3/2021 at 1:13 PM, GomeR said:

In addition, they provide great priority-target damage while doing AoE, when opting to play with the Echoes of the Great Sundering Icon Echoes of the Great Sundering Legendary (which is the standard one for Mythic+).

Seems like mistake? Elem sham paragraph 1

Hey GomeR,

It's not mistake, Elemental Shaman priority-damage is excellent when they play Echoes of the Great Sundering, meaning you use Earth Shock on the highest-priority target (which deals massive ST damage) to obtain the Echoes buff, followed by the empowered Earthquake!

20 hours ago, Guest Alcatraz said:

its kind of odd to me seeing ret paladin all the way down in B. as a ret player i agree with what desc says. rets damage output does depend on their cooldowns, however considering ret can burst every 2 mins and if the burst includes stacking seraphim and 1 or 2 trinkets on avenging wrath, AND tempest of the lightbringer legendary with kyrian's divine toll it easily becomes one of the hugest dmg outputs in the game. i've done mythics up to 11 and higher i go the better it gets as the 2 min cooldown becomes friendlier with high hp enemies.

Hey Alcatraz,

I absolutely do agree with you, as I have stated I think Retribution Paladin is a great fit within any group composition. Being on the B-tier doesn't mean the spec is bad, but rather other specializations might be a better fit. Ultimately it's not just damage that ranks the spec, it's damage, utility, survavibility, immunity, self-sustain and mobility. 

If I could rank all the specs on B-tier under the same rank I will do so, but one has to be above other, ultimately, I think Ret's are a great pick and an absolutely blaster of a class!

Guest Entwine

These lists and sites like these do so much harm the the community.   Skill and using out of the box thinking and a non cookie cutter build had me averaging 7k dps on m12 and beating fire mages, balance druids, and MM hunters of equal gear in DPS, overall Damage, and interupts as an affliction warlock in season 1.  Nobody wanted me in their groups,  and now that I'm playing destruction I'm even more of a wrecking ball, but I'll struggle again in season 2 to find groups because of lists like this...  

Guest Guest

I think the tierlist isn't updated and some people ingame without a lot of thinking are judging poorly based on it. some classes didnt get any updates in a month+ are be evaluated based on missing knowledge

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think the tierlist isn't updated and some people ingame without a lot of thinking are judging poorly based on it. some classes didnt get any updates in a month+ are be evaluated based on missing knowledge

Hey, it's due to be updated and currently under work!

Guest StopNerfingRouges

My apologies but this list isnt accurate at all. I push 20-21s keys each day and there is no class anywhere close to Monk in terms of AoE other than Kyrian Warrior and occasional MM hunter. On top of that Sub Rouge is dog poo in AoE as is outlaw, Yes single target is good but that is all. During the course of a dungeon unless you have a frost mage/DH/Warr to soak more AoE damage than the monk, the Monk will have 20 million damage compared to your 12 mil and the other dps 12 mil lol. I have screen shots to back it up lf course. Outlaw is still Capped so if your doing anything below a 12 Key your fine otherwise you will be left in the dust by any decent players. Outlaw is now D Tier down at the bottom with Enhancement. Sub Rouge is more A Tier than anything, Assy B tier. Monk needs a nerf, period.

6 hours ago, Guest StopNerfingRouges said:

My apologies but this list isnt accurate at all. I push 20-21s keys each day and there is no class anywhere close to Monk in terms of AoE other than Kyrian Warrior and occasional MM hunter. On top of that Sub Rouge is dog poo in AoE as is outlaw, Yes single target is good but that is all. During the course of a dungeon unless you have a frost mage/DH/Warr to soak more AoE damage than the monk, the Monk will have 20 million damage compared to your 12 mil and the other dps 12 mil lol. I have screen shots to back it up lf course. Outlaw is still Capped so if your doing anything below a 12 Key your fine otherwise you will be left in the dust by any decent players. Outlaw is now D Tier down at the bottom with Enhancement. Sub Rouge is more A Tier than anything, Assy B tier. Monk needs a nerf, period.

Hey bud, thank you for showing interest in our Tier-List.

First of all, our Mythic+ tierlist is based on several things, not just AoE damage, such as single-target, priority-target damage, survability, utility, self-sustain, mobility and immunities. Those qualities contribute to the end rankings of each specializations. As you can see, Windwalker monk is placed on the first place for a reason, there hasn't been any information whatsoever comparing their AoE damage profile with Sub Rogue. Sub Rogue AoE is significantly better than Outlaw, because they are uncapped spec, unlike Outlaw rogue. Sub rogue however, provides speed through the dungeon with their priority target funnel damage coming from Evis, which is the best funnel damage in the group. You don't need 3x AoE Classes to speed up the dungeon, each of them have a specific role. Even if Outlaw has significantly less AoE damage compared to half of the specs on the tier-list, they still provide a lot more quality than majority of the specs coming from their other capabilities.

Hope that answers your questions.
P.S. I wish I was WoW Dev to nerf WW monks but you should create a ticket to Blizzard for that !