FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

hey im the trinket combo guy, heres my armory!!!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/D%C3%BAbbxz/simple

do i want to avoid having +40% crit while my scope is proc'd? carful aim going above 100% wasting stats....

No, because Careful Aim isn't always going to be up, so more crit is always going to be useful.

also, on MMO champ the stat weights are different from "mr robot" are yours "correct" ?

MMO-C wieghts are the same as AMR and the ones here, which are:

Crit>Multi>Vers>Haste>Mastery

i mean by the decimal...

Yeah he's talking about the weights.

The weights on MMO are a little bit more relevant to right now, however the ones I've posted are relevant to end tier raiding.

My purpose of this guide is not really to provide information that will be outdated in a few weeks, it's to help people progress into the end of the tier. A lot of the things right now in this guide are more relevant to when Foundry opens and when we get into Mythic Highmaul.

Yeah he's talking about the weights.

The weights on MMO are a little bit more relevant to right now, however the ones I've posted are relevant to end tier raiding.

My purpose of this guide is not really to provide information that will be outdated in a few weeks, it's to help people progress into the end of the tier. A lot of the things right now in this guide are more relevant to when Foundry opens and when we get into Mythic Highmaul.

Oh, the actual numbers.  I honestly don't give a damn about the numbers, more of which stat should be prioritized.  Granted I also know that Haste, Vers, and Mastery are really close in value, so I try to keep them close in value on my toon (drops permitting).

• Like 1

Oh, the actual numbers.  I honestly don't give a damn about the numbers, more of which stat should be prioritized.  Granted I also know that Haste, Vers, and Mastery are really close in value, so I try to keep them close in value on my toon (drops permitting).

They only really help on a piece by piece basis. And for figuring out BiS lists, which is what I care about, so they are worth that to me. Not much use for them other than that though.

• Like 1

Just wanted to thank you for creating/maintaining the guide, Niix. I especially appreciate the fact that it is more long-term focused as I hate having to keep up with meta minutiae. Cheers.

• Like 1

Just wanted to thank you for creating/maintaining the guide, Niix. I especially appreciate the fact that it is more long-term focused as I hate having to keep up with meta minutiae. Cheers.

Appreciate the kind words man. :) Any suggestions are always appreciated.

I greatly appreciate the opening rotation for MM hunters with Glaive toss and Thrill of the hunt. However, there's a couple fights that I prefer a couple different talents and I'm not sure on how to start off. What Is the ideal opening rotation for a MM hunter using barrage and thrill of the hunt? And what would it be with Glaive Toss and Dire beast?

I greatly appreciate the opening rotation for MM hunters with Glaive toss and Thrill of the hunt. However, there's a couple fights that I prefer a couple different talents and I'm not sure on how to start off. What Is the ideal opening rotation for a MM hunter using barrage and thrill of the hunt? And what would it be with Glaive Toss and Dire beast?

If you don't have Glaive, just ignore the "Pre-Cast Glaive Toss" line. Do your on-use / Chimaera as your first ability, and barrage would not be cast in the opener, or at all when Rapid Fire is up, or your target is above 80% HP.

With Dire Beast You'd do it after Crows.

I officially have the best chat cover in the whole of Twitch.tv, the image is a video that corresponds to the song, using plug.dj

jEFglY4.jpg

Glaive Toss is in a weird spot right now. Simming my gear tells me that if I don't use Glaive Toss against single target at all, all I will be losing is 200 DPS, and that's a simulation of a perfect rotation. You should sim your gear to be sure, but basically, currently, for some of us, using GT is simply not worth the trouble.

Testing this new addon right now called Pawn. It allows you to compare pieces based on stat weights.

For those of you who would like to test it out I've got some MM weights that you can import using this code.

( Pawn: v1: "Niix Marksmanship": Agility=1, Multistrike=0.53, HasteRating=0.47, MasteryRating=0.44, Versatility=0.51, Dps=2.63, CritRating=0.55, Ap=0.9 )
  • Like 2

Testing this new addon right now called Pawn. It allows you to compare pieces based on stat weights.

For those of you who would like to test it out I've got some MM weights that you can import using this code.

( Pawn: v1: "Niix Marksmanship": Agility=1, Multistrike=0.53, HasteRating=0.47, MasteryRating=0.44, Versatility=0.51, Dps=2.63, CritRating=0.55, Ap=0.9 )

Oh nice. Didn't occur to me to look for an addon, I actually went with the old-fashioned style of creating an excel sheet for the same purposes, though I'd rather prefer to learn a streamlined, convenient way of simming two pieces of gear.

Edited by Iridar

Yeah I went ahead and added a Pawn section into the code.

Huge thanks to Azortharion over at MMO champion for finding this addon. 

Yeah I went ahead and added a Pawn section into the code.

Huge thanks to Azortharion over at MMO champion for finding this addon. 

Awesome suggestion! Brings up a new line in the Item Info tab showing how much of an increase the item is, and the side-by-side comparison is perfect.  I also noticed it will label quest items with a green arrow if they are an increase (when I was leveling an alt), and it can compare the item against all three specs simultaneously.

Very sizable update to the guide. Here is a copy paste of the changelog.

12-5-14: Added a section for imports for the addon Pawn. Allows you to compare pieces with one another using custom weights. Huge thank you to Azortharion over at MMO champion for the addon.

12-6-14: Re-Simmed MM talents, changed MM to 4 target AoE instead of 5. Left SV and BM at 5 targets. Added BiS list for SV and BM, added more macros, changed format a bit.

Raid starts in ~1 hr, will be live after a quick dinner.  Hopefully we don't get stalled on brakenspore again.

Updated some MM stuffs.

Rotation has been updated to include the priority during Rapid Fire / >80%

0Eo73lE.png

The stat priority section has been updated to include crit breakpoints.

MzkCgGp.png

That is 35% unbuffed by the way!, we want just over 40% with food / critbuff.

• Like 1

Does the 35% threshold mean that if, somehow, i get to 35% unbuffed, I should go for the Multstrike weapon enchant, instead of Crit?

Honestly, I'm going to check that right now, but to be honest it's not something we have to worry about, getting to 35% crit entirely through gear is going to take a loooooong time.

I'm new to using Simcraft so I might be missing something in the settings but with just importing my character and running sims, I'm getting dps increases with taking multistrike over crit.

I have tried to find a point where crit would overtake multi strike in the stat scaling in simcraft but every time I take crit away and add multistike the dps keeps going up and I'm getting down to 28% crit.

I'm guessing it is something that is not set up in simcraft correctly but I'm just using the default setting of fully raided buffed fighting a raid boss for 450sec

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Methatrex/simple

Depending on when you look at the armory the bow may not have a scope on it as i was running the sims to see it the multistrike one might be better than the crit scope which simcraft at the moment is telling me it is.

Thanks for any help.

I'm new to using Simcraft so I might be missing something in the settings but with just importing my character and running sims, I'm getting dps increases with taking multistrike over crit.

I have tried to find a point where crit would overtake multi strike in the stat scaling in simcraft but every time I take crit away and add multistike the dps keeps going up and I'm getting down to 28% crit.

I'm guessing it is something that is not set up in simcraft correctly but I'm just using the default setting of fully raided buffed fighting a raid boss for 450sec

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Methatrex/simple

Depending on when you look at the armory the bow may not have a scope on it as i was running the sims to see it the multistrike one might be better than the crit scope which simcraft at the moment is telling me it is.

Thanks for any help.

40% fully raid buffed with crit food is where you want MS.