FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

Really? Serpent sting is 10% of SV's dps so shouldn't it put it slightly under MM by only a few hundred dps?

If a 60% buff to 10% damage would be a 6% increase. Not nearly enough to put SV above MM by any margin worth noting.

These buffs wont save you from marks. Hate to break it to you.

Yeah, this really isnt going to change much (assuming the sims break down how I expect them to), except maybe salvage SV and BM from the bottom of the charts.  Maximizing your DPS is still going to be MM.  This is mostly good news for die-hard BM/SV fans, if they exist...

Are you sure the increase in effectiveness isn't the result of added haste?

We gained only a few % of haste, the difference shouldn't be so big.

The difference in DPS is that you're casting more of Steady Shot and less of Aimed Shot, where Aimed Shot is doing ~4.5-5x the damage of Steady Shot.  Yes you get the extra focus generation which can be much needed, but you're inherently doing less dps by casting lower dps abilities.  There's also the fact that you can't always the necessarily focus when SF is about to fall off.

What if we look at it from the opposite side? If we have a higher SF uptime, we get more focus, so we need to cast fewer Steady Shots, and more Aimed Shots.

In my SF simcraft profile, 191 Steady Shots are used, but SF is applied / refreshed only 35 times. If simcraft used a better judgement in casting Steadies, this would be 85 times. 

For reference, TotH profile casts 124 Steady Shots, and that's why it sims higher.

Hey guys, just want to say that i don't doubt your guises logic at all, but after trying survival with exotic munitions and lone wolf in raid today, i actually pulled more dps with exotic munitions. Im curious to see what we start to see with the numbers in the next few days, was very happy with survivals performance, single target and ale.

Hey guys, just want to say that i don't doubt your guises logic at all, but after trying survival with exotic munitions and lone wolf in raid today, i actually pulled more dps with exotic munitions. Im curious to see what we start to see with the numbers in the next few days, was very happy with survivals performance, single target and ale.

The 60% SS buff hasn't happened yet, so SV today is exactly the same as SV before.  Exotic Munitions is only better on AoE fights, such as Tectus.  I can't think of any other fight in Highmaul where it would overtake Lone Wolf, and Lone Wolf has come out superior to EM after dozens of Sims, so either the sim is broken or something is off in your rotation that is causing EM to do more DPS (probably not prioritizing abilities correctly)

When is the change going live? i thought it went live with a hot fix yesterday? If it hasn't gone live that just makes things even more exciting for sv!

When is the change going live? i thought it went live with a hot fix yesterday? If it hasn't gone live that just makes things even more exciting for sv!

The top of the hotfix says "Please note, the following class tuning changes are still undergoing testing and will be implemented as soon as possible."

I checked my SS damage yesterday pre-hotfix and today and it is identical, so there was no update for SS yet.

ah, so just to make sure I'm not crazy and doing this completely wrong i have BA>Es>Crows>glaive>arcane?

Crows should definitely take priority over ES and maybe BA too.  The biggest thing is making sure you have optimal BA+SS uptime and use LnL procs as soon as they proc.  Since EM benefits from SV mastery, it's a better choice than EM is for MM, but unless the sims are completely broken, I can't see how you would consistently do more DPS with EM as opposed to LW.

not putting too much weight on the sims right now considering they have dire beast and stampede in right now for talents for SV

Not Simulcraft, my personal sims.  I have ToTH and AMoC selected and LW still does more.

ah ok, sorry about that, thought you mean simcraft. How far ahead is lone wolf on single target compared to em?

I'm at work right now, so its hard to get you exact numbers, but I ran it before work this morning and LW was at least 1K ahead

wow, i must be doing something wrong in my rotation then for sure. Thanks for your responses, excited to see the numbers after the ss buff goes live!

wow, i must be doing something wrong in my rotation then for sure. Thanks for your responses, excited to see the numbers after the ss buff goes live!

Okay, had my wife run it for me and email it,

EM:

20955 DPS

LW:

21733 DPS

That was with player skill set to "Good", might be different if set higher.

what ilvl is that? and is that assuming you have the best secondary stats possible? If i happen to have more gear with mastery than anything else just because i haven't gotten any replacements yet could that possibly put em ahead of lone wolf?

what ilvl is that? and is that assuming you have the best secondary stats possible? If i happen to have more gear with mastery than anything else just because i haven't gotten any replacements yet could that possibly put em ahead of lone wolf?

652, and I have it set for my current secondary stats, not the optimal ones, and my current ones are definitely not optimal for SV.  The best way to get an accurate assessment for yourself is downloading simulationcraft and running your profile through it.

Im assuming as opposed to lone wolf, when simming em your also taking into account the damage from your pet now that you'll have one out right?

Im assuming as opposed to lone wolf, when simming em your also taking into account the damage from your pet now that you'll have one out right?

The sim should be, yes, I imagine it would have been caught months ago if it was ignoring pet damage

Just doesn't make sense to me, i just ran an lfr and compared to two again, and again i did higher dps with em. With lone wolf i did about 20k on kargath and with em just shy of 21k. I'm 649 ilvl if that has any bearing....