FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Blacksmithing Profession Guide

First off I want to say these guides on Icy Vein have been awesome.  Kudo's go out to everyone that has made guides here, and my personal thanks.

I just wanted to point out on the Blacksmith guide you mention that it takes 5xtruesteel ingots to make the Smoldering Helm, Smoldering Breastplate, and Smoldering Greaves.  They must have changed this in game because it no longer takes ingots to create these items, it requires ores.  They are as follows:

inv_plate_draenorcrafted_d_01helm.jpgSmoldering Helm: 60xblackrock ore

inv_plate_draenorcrafted_d_01chest.jpgSmoldering Breastplate: 30xblackrock ore and 30xtrue iron ore

inv_plate_draenorcrafted_d_01pant.jpgSmoldering Greaves: 60xtrue iron ore

Or is it just because I'm just starting out in Blacksmithing and my level currently is at 18?  So far to level up blacksmithing I'm just doing work orders, creating inv_misc_book_11.jpgSecrets of Draenor Blacksmithing, and doing mining work orders.

Guest Agninir

At level 700 blacksmithing, Create Truesteel Ingot has not become a 3 charge spell. This appears to have been a method exclusive to beta testing.

Guest Thoronnar - Ragnaros

Hello

I'm 700 at Blacksmithing for a week now and I couldn't confirm this: wow_icon_inv_misc_trueironingot.jpg Truesteel Ingot becomes a 3-charge spell

Is the guide wrong or is something wrong with my toon?

Thank you in advance!

First off I want to say these guides on Icy Vein have been awesome.  Kudo's go out to everyone that has made guides here, and my personal thanks.

I just wanted to point out on the Blacksmith guide you mention that it takes 5xtruesteel ingots to make the Smoldering Helm, Smoldering Breastplate, and Smoldering Greaves.  They must have changed this in game because it no longer takes ingots to create these items, it requires ores.  They are as follows:

inv_plate_draenorcrafted_d_01helm.jpgSmoldering Helm: 60xblackrock ore

inv_plate_draenorcrafted_d_01chest.jpgSmoldering Breastplate: 30xblackrock ore and 30xtrue iron ore

inv_plate_draenorcrafted_d_01pant.jpgSmoldering Greaves: 60xtrue iron ore

Or is it just because I'm just starting out in Blacksmithing and my level currently is at 18?  So far to level up blacksmithing I'm just doing work orders, creating inv_misc_book_11.jpgSecrets of Draenor Blacksmithing, and doing mining work orders.

Indeed, it was changed, thanks for pointing it out smile.png

At level 700 blacksmithing, Create Truesteel Ingot has not become a 3 charge spell. This appears to have been a method exclusive to beta testing.

Hello

I'm 700 at Blacksmithing for a week now and I couldn't confirm this: wow_icon_inv_misc_trueironingot.jpg Truesteel Ingot[/size]

becomes a 3-charge spell[/size]

Is the guide wrong or is something wrong with my toon?

Thank you in advance!

It looks like the 3-charge thingie did not make it to the live version of the game. It was in the beta, though.

Guest Nonny

I think Truesteel Grinder is a better 1-600 item.  It takes 30 ores and gives a +3 skillup, so 6000 ores total to get to level 600.