Garrison: Leveling Blacksmithing In Warlords of Draenor (WoD 6.1.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Level up Blacksmithing to 700?
- 2. Learning Draenor Blacksmithing
- +3. Leveling Blacksmithing from 600 to 700
- +4. Leveling Blacksmithing from 1 to 600
- 5. Changelog
Why Level up Blacksmithing to 700?
All of the Draenor-specific Blacksmithing recipes can be crafted with a skill of 1. So, reaching the maximum skill in Warlords of Draenor is not as important as it was in previous expansions. The only perk you get from leveling Blacksmithing is that the yield of Truesteel Ingot slowly increases from 5 at Level 600 to 10 at Level 700, meaning that you can craft more item level 640 armor, item level 630 weapons, and item upgrades.
Learning Draenor Blacksmithing
Leveling Blacksmithing in Draenor requires you to first acquire Draenor Blacksmithing, which teaches you how to craft Truesteel Ingot, Secrets of Draenor Blacksmithing, and other Draenor recipes that you can use from Level 1.
You can acquire Draenor Blacksmithing from the Blacksmithing Plans vendor in Ashran, from the Blacksmith at the Forge in your Garrison, or at the end of the quest line that allows you to unlock the Forge before upgrading your Town Hall to Level 2.
Leveling Blacksmithing from 600 to 700
The easiest way to level Blacksmithing to 700 is to make Truesteel Reshaper. This recipe only consumes 10x Truesteel Ingots and has a +3 skill up, which is the best ratio you can get. Soul of the Forge is the next best recipe with a +10 skill up for 50x Truesteel Ingots consumed.
That said, the reason why you level up Blacksmithing is to craft high-end armor and weapons, not to craft dozens of Truesteel Reshapers, so we believe that you should forsake leveling up Blacksmithing as fast as possible. Instead, whenever you reach 100x Truesteel Ingots, you should craft a weapon or armor than you can use or make a lot of profit from:
- Steelforged Axe, which creates Steelforged Axe;
- Steelforged Aegis, which creates Steelforged Aegis;
- Steelforged Greataxe, which creates Steelforged Greataxe;
- Steelforged Saber, which creates Steelforged Saber;
- Steelforged Dagger, which creates Steelforged Dagger;
- Steelforged Hammer, which creates Steelforged Hammer;
- Steelforged Shield, which creates Steelforged Shield;
- Truesteel Grinder, which creates Truesteel Grinder;
- Truesteel Pauldrons, which creates Truesteel Pauldrons;
- Truesteel Helm, which creates Truesteel Helm;
- Truesteel Greaves, which creates Truesteel Greaves;
- Truesteel Gauntlets, which creates Truesteel Gauntlets;
- Truesteel Breastplate, which creates Truesteel Breastplate;
- Truesteel Armguards, which creates Truesteel Armguards;
- Truesteel Boots, which creates Truesteel Boots;
- Truesteel Waistguard, which creates Truesteel Waistguard.
Leveling to 700 is going to take about 6 weeks, because you are required to use Truesteel Ingots, which you can make in limited quantities every day.
Truesteel Ingots and Secrets of Draenor Blacksmithing
Truesteel Ingot and Secrets of Draenor Blacksmithing have a daily cooldown, which resets at the same time the daily quests do. You need to craft these two recipes every day, to maximize the speed at which you level up Blacksmithing. Each of these recipes grants you a +1 skill up.
It is also important to place 6 Work Orders a day at your Forge, otherwise, leveling up Blacksmithing is going to take a lot longer than the 6 weeks we announced.
Leveling Blacksmithing from 1 to 600
You can craft any of the Warlords of Draenor recipes from Level 1. The best recipes are:
They all consume only 60 Draenor ores and give a +5 skill up, so you can instantly level up from 1 to 600, but you will require 7,200 Draenor ores.
There are 4 items that you can randomly loot from mobs in Draenor and that increase your Blacksmithing skill by 5. Technically speaking, you need to combine these items with Draenor materials to create a new item and increase your Blacksmithing skill by 5 in the process.
- Battered Shield must be combined with 5x Blackrock Ore and 5x True Iron Ore.
- Mangled Long Sword must be combined with 4x True Iron Ore.
- Punctured Breastplate must be combined with 8x Blackrock Ore.
- Shredded Greaves must be combined with 8x True Iron Ore.
- Soleless Treads must be combined with 2x True Iron Ore.
- 07 Jan. 2015: Updated the cost of Smoldering gear.
- 02 Dec. 2014: Amended the guide to reflect the fact that recipes can also be bought in Ashran.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk