FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

Changes made, would you think I should craft another defender to trade out or is there something else I can concentrate on. I have 250 dust left, so not much.

Changes made, would you think I should craft another defender to trade out or is there something else I can concentrate on. I have 250 dust left, so not much.

Either crafting rares that are used in the "full" deck or, what I personally recommend, saving dust for Epics/Legendaries.

I've been playing hearthstone for about half a year now. I do have alot of years of exp playing magic the gathering but let's just leave that for what it is here. 

Dragon Priest Deck list:

2x holy smite.
2x northshire cleric
2x twilight whelp
2x mind blast
1x SW: pain
2x wyrmrest agent
2x SW: death
2x velens chosen
1x Bran Bronzebeard
2x dragonkin sorcerer
2x twilight guardian
2x holy nova
2x azure drake
2x blackwing corruptor
2x drakonid crusher
1x Rend Blackhand
1x Malygos

The idea is to keep fighting for board control and get my opponent below 15 health. then for win condition i try to do either Bran+Drakonid crusher on turn 9+ or get damage in from maly+holy smite on turn 10+ (if I can save the coin i sometimes use maly+mind blast)
whenever i try to swap any card it just feels less powerful. I currently pack 11 dragons which is good considering my goal is to have at least 1/3 of the deck be dragon.
Removal seems to be pretty cool. I always answer any good drops with either Rend blackhand, a pain/death or a holy smite in some cases. holy nova saved my ass more than once already

Available cards:

Dont have any Priest Legends yet, Ill list the legends I have here for good measure.

-Bran Bronzebeard
-Baron Rivendare
-Feugen
-Loatheb
-Stallag
-Emperor Thaurissan
-Maexxna
-Reno jackson
-Rend blackhand
-Chromaggus
-Kel'Thuzad
-Majordomo Executus
-Malygos
-Nefarian

Besides these legends I have all the Blakrock, Naxx and available LoE cards. 

i am trying to save up some dust for crafting a legend but I am willing to spend some on vital cards if needed (currently have about 800 dust on hand)

I dont have much GvG cards and the same goes for neutrals, Much more of the Grand tournament tho.

I've been trying to climb the ladder but never really got above rank 16. This season (november) I finally managed to get to rank 15 with 3 stars before I lost 6 matches in a row (again).

in general any tips to climb up are most welcome.

thanks in advance

Shine

I've been playing hearthstone for about half a year now. I do have alot of years of exp playing magic the gathering but let's just leave that for what it is here. 

Dragon Priest Deck list:

2x holy smite.
2x northshire cleric
2x twilight whelp
2x mind blast
1x SW: pain
2x wyrmrest agent
2x SW: death
2x velens chosen
1x Bran Bronzebeard
2x dragonkin sorcerer
2x twilight guardian
2x holy nova
2x azure drake
2x blackwing corruptor
2x drakonid crusher
1x Rend Blackhand
1x Malygos

The idea is to keep fighting for board control and get my opponent below 15 health. then for win condition i try to do either Bran+Drakonid crusher on turn 9+ or get damage in from maly+holy smite on turn 10+ (if I can save the coin i sometimes use maly+mind blast)
whenever i try to swap any card it just feels less powerful. I currently pack 11 dragons which is good considering my goal is to have at least 1/3 of the deck be dragon.
Removal seems to be pretty cool. I always answer any good drops with either Rend blackhand, a pain/death or a holy smite in some cases. holy nova saved my ass more than once already

Available cards:

Dont have any Priest Legends yet, Ill list the legends I have here for good measure.

-Bran Bronzebeard
-Baron Rivendare
-Feugen
-Loatheb
-Stallag
-Emperor Thaurissan
-Maexxna
-Reno jackson
-Rend blackhand
-Chromaggus
-Kel'Thuzad
-Majordomo Executus
-Malygos
-Nefarian

Besides these legends I have all the Blakrock, Naxx and available LoE cards. 

i am trying to save up some dust for crafting a legend but I am willing to spend some on vital cards if needed (currently have about 800 dust on hand)

I dont have much GvG cards and the same goes for neutrals, Much more of the Grand tournament tho.

I've been trying to climb the ladder but never really got above rank 16. This season (november) I finally managed to get to rank 15 with 3 stars before I lost 6 matches in a row (again).

in general any tips to climb up are most welcome.

thanks in advance

Shine

The thing with Malygos Priest is that it is bad. As for spell combo deck, Velen is better and as for big dragon, even Chromaggus is better. This means that you should remove Malygos and use Chromaggus instead.

Now, remove Holy Smites as you won't run Malygos anymore. Shrinkmeisters should take their place. Dragon priests trade a lot, making Shrinkmeisters almost a must-have.

Mind Blasts should be removed as well. They were bad even in the previous deck. You couldn't play Malygos and MB on the same turn. Dark Cultists would fit the deck. 3 mana 3/4 with a strong deathrattle is great value. 

Two Shadow Word Deaths are used in a slow-ish meta. I run only one SWD because the meta is bit too fast. If the meta is bit too fast for 2 SWDs, run only one and add a Power Word Shield. If the meta has the speed for 2 SWDs, keep them. If the meta is even slower, 1 SWD and 1 Mind Control may be better.

Two Sorcerers might be too much, especially if you don't run Power Word Shields. Loatheb should be in place of one of them. Loatheb is good both against aggro when you need to survive just another turn and against control when you want to protect your board from AoE and other removal spells.

Rend Blackhand has just too awful stats and is too situational. Add a Cabal Shadow Priest. CSP is a great tempo card and excellent in a fast meta. 

I am not sure about the Brann+Crusher combo. It is probably poor against aggro, but can be really nice against control decks. If the meta is fast, combination of Light of the Naaru and Power Word Shield should take its place. Otherwise keep the combo. 

8-10 dragons are usually enough (Sottle runs 8 of them).

It would be way easier to write that you have 5 Naxxes, 5 BrMs and 2 LoEs, you didn't have to write out all the legends in them.

As for the general tips, I recommend using Paladin instead. Both midrange and secret are incredibly strong at the current moment and can help you get pretty far. Priest aren't that strong anymore, but still good enough. When playing as priest, you need to know the meta well. 

Hi, I am running a warrior deck. I just started, so I have only two legendaries. I have a lot of rares, but in this deck there are mostly common cards. I am rank 18 on the ladder. Sorry i could not provide an image, but my computer seems to have some sort of bug. I have not bought any of the adventures, although i am saving up for blackrock mountain.

So my cards are:

2x execute

2x elven archer

2x leper gnome

2x cleave

2x fiery war axe

1x ironbeak owl

1x mad bomber

2x cruel taskmaster

2x acolyte of pain

2x cult master

2x chillwind yeti

2x piloted shredder

2x kok'ron elite

1x bomb lobber

1x arcalite reaper

1x faceless manipulator

1x piloted sky golem

1x ragnaros the firelord

1x grommash hellscream

Some of my available cards are:

2xknife jugglers

1xdefender of argus

1xazure drake

1x of both brewmasters

Do you have any recommendations to improve this deck? It has a pretty steady win rate but against decks with a lot of synergy, like dragon priest(Looking at you Shine!!;)) it just doesn't seem to work.

Thank you positiv2 for your reply. The only card I seem to need to craft is cabal shadow priest. But that's no problem.

I appreciate the lengthy reply and will make some changes. I used to run shrinkmeister shadow madness (because I didn't have a cabal) but removed it because it gave too little value. I guess with a cabal in it becomes much more valuable.

I ran chromaggus once too but didn't seem to give me what I wanted. I guess I'll try it again, see how it goes. Rend looked to me like a good removal in any Dragon deck and I usually seem to keep it for a turn or two with taunters on the board.

I'll make the supposed changes and see what happens.

Last two questions:

Is sludge belcher good in meta. Seems like some pretty good value for a 5 drop.

Any room for injured blademaster + circle?. My brother swears by it, keeps telling me to put them in.

Hi, I am running a warrior deck. I just started, so I have only two legendaries. I have a lot of rares, but in this deck there are mostly common cards. I am rank 18 on the ladder. Sorry i could not provide an image, but my computer seems to have some sort of bug. I have not bought any of the adventures, although i am saving up for blackrock mountain.

So my cards are:

2x execute

2x elven archer

2x leper gnome

2x cleave

2x fiery war axe

1x ironbeak owl

1x mad bomber

2x cruel taskmaster

2x acolyte of pain

2x cult master

2x chillwind yeti

2x piloted shredder

2x kok'ron elite

1x bomb lobber

1x arcalite reaper

1x faceless manipulator

1x piloted sky golem

1x ragnaros the firelord

1x grommash hellscream

Some of my available cards are:

2xknife jugglers

1xdefender of argus

1xazure drake

1x of both brewmasters

Do you have any recommendations to improve this deck? It has a pretty steady win rate but against decks with a lot of synergy, like dragon priest(Looking at you Shine!!wink.png) it just doesn't seem to work.

Don't worry about an image, decklist is enough and is easier to navigate through it as I don't have to switch tabs every few moments.

Now this deck is quite strange. Looks like control, midrange and aggro in one deck. I will go with the aggro and shape the deck towards it bit more. If you don't want an aggro deck, just tell me and I can shape it a bit differently. 

One Execute is enough for aggro. Even 0 of them would be ok. Add one Upgrade in its place to boost the power of the weapons.

Although Elven Archers are always ate least one damage, it is simply not enough. Put a Juggler in their půace. Juggler often deals over 5 damage and is great in aggro deck where you have high amount of low-cost minions.

Cleaves are a control tool and don't fit the aggro style I am going for. Heroic Striker have great value - 2 mana for 4 damage. They fit the deck perfectly.

Mad Bomber is way too unreliable and doesn't fit in any deck so far (except for Randuin) and should be removed. Owl should take his place to get rid of taunts.

Acolytes of Pain don't work that well without Death's Bite in your deck. Loot Hoarders are really nice and can help you cycle for weapons.

Cult Master has awful stats and you won't trade that much to make her worth it. Abusive Sergeants should take her place. They are mostly at least 2 damage for one mana, same as Leper Gnome.

Chillwind Yetis don't fit here really well. Dread Corsairs can take their place to have cheap taunts (they usually cost one mana or are free). 

Shredders can be ok, but I would use Bloodsail Raiders in their place to have a high-attack minion. They have proven to be really strong in aggro warrior. 

Bomb Lobber has too bad stats. He is great in arena, but quite bad in constructed. I recommend disenchanting him. Arcane Golems are great in aggro decks. One should take this place.

Faceless Manipulator is good in control, but doesn't really fit this deck. He can't be played on the same turn as Ragnaros or Grommash, making him more of a counter to control. Arcanite Reaper is a good weapon and is vital until you get Death's Bites. Include a second copy of it.

Piloted Sky Golem has too low health and because you don't have that many minions that can be silenced, your opponent will be often able to silence the Sky golem instead. A second Arcane Golem is recommended in this place.

Thank you positiv2 for your reply. The only card I seem to need to craft is cabal shadow priest. But that's no problem.

I appreciate the lengthy reply and will make some changes. I used to run shrinkmeister shadow madness (because I didn't have a cabal) but removed it because it gave too little value. I guess with a cabal in it becomes much more valuable.

I ran chromaggus once too but didn't seem to give me what I wanted. I guess I'll try it again, see how it goes. Rend looked to me like a good removal in any Dragon deck and I usually seem to keep it for a turn or two with taunters on the board.

I'll make the supposed changes and see what happens.

Last two questions:

Is sludge belcher good in meta. Seems like some pretty good value for a 5 drop.

Any room for injured blademaster + circle?. My brother swears by it, keeps telling me to put them in.

The thing with Rend is that he is worse than Shadow rod death and current meta doesn't have enough 4 or less attack legendary minions, rendering Rend somewhat useless.

Yes, Sludge Belcher is really good in this meta. However, your deck already runs enough 5-drops and Belcher would mess up the curve quite badly. As for the Blademaster + Circle, it doesn't fit the Dragon Priest style of play. Dragon priest is about proactive plays without combos (except for Vol'jin + Nova or Velen's Chosen + Lightbomb/Holy Nova). Additionally, this deck doesn't run Auchenai either, limiting the use of Circle to only heal damaged minions. These combos are played in control priest, a deck full of combos, but sadly, it isn't that good in current meta. 

Thanks positiv2 for your reply. But i was wondering, could you tell me how to make a control deck instead,since I heard they work better than aggro?

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I forgot about it. I'm also running a warlock deck. Its cards are:
2x mortal coil
2x flame imp
2x darkbomb
2x ironbeak owl
2x knife juggler
2x shadowbolt
2x hellfire
2x imp-losion
2x shadowflame
1x defender of argus
2x piloted shredder
1x abomination
1x antique healbot
1x azure drake
1x faceless
2x siphon soul
1x argent commander
1x piloted sky golem
1x ragnaros the firelord
It just can't seem to carry me beyond rank 20, I had to used the aforementioned warrior deck for that. Whats wrong with it?

BTW, I recently got a spiteful smith from a pack. Any suggestions on how to integrate it in the deck?

Thanks positiv2 for your reply. But i was wondering, could you tell me how to make a control deck instead,since I heard they work better than aggro?

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I forgot about it. I'm also running a warlock deck. Its cards are:

2x mortal coil

2x flame imp

2x darkbomb

2x ironbeak owl

2x knife juggler

2x shadowbolt

2x hellfire

2x imp-losion

2x shadowflame

1x defender of argus

2x piloted shredder

1x abomination

1x antique healbot

1x azure drake

1x faceless

2x siphon soul

1x argent commander

1x piloted sky golem

1x ragnaros the firelord

It just can't seem to carry me beyond rank 20, I had to used the aforementioned warrior deck for that. Whats wrong with it?

BTW, I recently got a spiteful smith from a pack. Any suggestions on how to integrate it in the deck?

Yes, Control Warrior works better than Aggro Warrior, but you lack the crucial cards and the deck costs 10-15k dust. I don't think that it is within your budget options.

Yet again, a deck that is a mix of different decks. I will go with Zoo since Handlock is quite expensive.

Mortal Coils don't fit the deck. You need minions and proactive plays. The only spells that are run in zoo are Imp-losion and Power Overwhelming/Soulfire. Add Power Overwhelmings in the place of the Coils.

Darkbomb don't fit the deck either. Their cost is too high and the damage too low to make them good for going face and you already have enough minions to clear the board. Add Voidwalkers, they are strong taunts and have high health and therefore synergise really well with attack buffs.

Shadowbolt is just bad. You pay 3 mana for 4 damage to a minion, that is simply too bad. Add Abusive Sergeants. They are really important in Zoo by buffing attack and the whole Zoo is built around this mechanism.

Hellfires hurt your board and that is not really what you want. You should add Dire Wolves Alpha. They also help the main strategy of this deck by buffing attack.

One Shadowflame is enough. I would add a second Defender of Argus. You will often have minions on board, making it way easier to find suitable targets for the buff.

Abomination is really bad. It kills your board, hurts your face and can be killed by for example Swipe. A Dark Iron Dwarf would it the deck as it is another minion that buffs the attack.

Antique Healbot is not really needed here. You should be able to control the board if you are unable to do so, you lost anyway. A second Dark Iron Dwarf would be really nice.

Card draw is not needed since you already have your hero power that draws cards. Remove Azure Drake and add a Silent Knight. Silent Knight is good even without attack buff and is simply great when your are able to buff him.

Faceless Manipulator is questionable here, but can be used if the meta is low enough. If the meta is fast, go with an Argent Squire. She is a sticky minion and that fits the deck well. She can also trade for 2 1-drops in case you face aggro.

Siphon Soul is too slow. It is used in handlock because you can afford to go bit slower for a turn with it, but definitely not with Zoo. I would add two Wrathguards. They can be pretty ricky, but if it stops a minion from attacking your face, it is definitely worth it because you would get hit anyway, this way you also deal damage. They have a great value of 4/3 for 2 mana and that is something that fits the deck. 

Argent Commander is ok, but I would rather go for a second Silent Knight here.

Piloted Sky Golem is too slow and can be silenced, it dies to Shredder and random 4-drop is usually worse than random 2-drop. One Doomguard would fit the deck and give you some more finishing power.

This deck needs at least one floor of Naxxramas. 3 would be better, but can be enough.

Spiteful Smith doesn't fit in aggro or control warrior very well. I would disenchant it instead.

Hi everyone!

I would REALLY love some assistance improving my deck.  I have been playing for a good while, and I still seem to suck. -.- 

I've been using the following:  

1-repentance

1-equality

1-ironbeak owl

1-knife juggler

1-shielded minibot

2-muster for battle

1-seal of champions

2-aldor peacekeeper

1-big game hunter

2-truesilver champion

1-blessing of kings

2-consecration

1-keeper of uldaman

2-murloc knights

1-elite tauren chieftain

1-loatheb

1-quartermaster

1-sludge belcher

1-tuskar jouster

1-enter the coliseum

1-Dr. Boom

1-lay on hands

1-ragnaros

1-Tirion fordring

1-Icehowl

I have been running this deck, with tweaks here and there, for about 2 months -and- I can NOT get beyond a level 16 (bleh)! Where am I going wrong?  My legendaries:

Chillmaw

Dr. Boom

Rend Blackhand

Chromaggus

Kel'Thuzad

Ragnaros

Icehowl

Majordomo

Nefarian

Onyxia

Deathwing

Bran Bronzebeard

Baron Rivendare

Elite Tauren Chieftain

Feugen

Stalagg

Loatheb

Emperor Thaurissan

Maexxna

Reno Jackson

I appreciate ANY advice on how to improve my deck.  I've been playing enough to assume that I have a moderate skill set (mostly-lol-) I just guess I'm dropping the ball somewhere in this deck.  I have most of the rares for the pally deck, or will craft accordingly.  Thanks so much guys & girls!

-Jeanie

hello! my dad got me into this game, ive only been playing for about a month, i play mage exclusively and i only have one legendary. this is the deck im using and i cant figure out why i seem to be loosing more than im winning. any help would be appreciated, hearthstone is fun, but losing isnt. thank you

Mirror Image × 1
Goldshire Footman × 1
Mana Wyrm × 2
Frostbolt × 2
Fallen Hero × 2
Frostwolf Grunt × 1
Sorcerer's Apprentice × 1
Arcane Intellect × 1
Counterspell × 1
Mirror Entity × 2
Ironfur Grizzly × 1
Fireball × 2
Polymorph × 2
Maiden of the Lake × 2
Mogu'shan Warden × 1
Booty Bay Bodyguard × 1
Coldarra Drake × 2
Justicar Trueheart × 1
Sunwalker × 1
Flamestrike × 2
Frost Giant × 1

Hi everyone!

I would REALLY love some assistance improving my deck.  I have been playing for a good while, and I still seem to suck. -.- 

1-repentance

1-equality

1-ironbeak owl

1-knife juggler

1-shielded minibot

2-muster for battle

1-seal of champions

2-aldor peacekeeper

1-big game hunter

2-truesilver champion

1-blessing of kings

2-consecration

1-keeper of uldaman

2-murloc knights

1-elite tauren chieftain

1-loatheb

1-quartermaster

1-sludge belcher

1-tuskar jouster

1-enter the coliseum

1-Dr. Boom

1-lay on hands

1-ragnaros

1-Tirion fordring

1-Icehowl

I have been running this deck, with tweaks here and there, for about 2 months -and- I can NOT get beyond a level 16 (bleh)! Where am I going wrong?  My legendaries:

Chillmaw

Dr. Boom

Rend Blackhand

Chromaggus

Kel'Thuzad

Ragnaros

Icehowl

Majordomo

Nefarian

Onyxia

Deathwing

Bran Bronzebeard

Baron Rivendare

Elite Tauren Chieftain

Feugen

Stalagg

Loatheb

Emperor Thaurissan

Maexxna

Reno Jackson

(5 Naxxes, 2 LoEs, 5 BrMs)

I appreciate ANY advice on how to improve my deck.  I've been playing enough to assume that I have a moderate skill set (mostly-lol-) I just guess I'm dropping the ball somewhere in this deck.  I have most of the rares for the pally deck, or will craft accordingly.  Thanks so much guys & girls!

-Jeanie

Hey Jeanie, welcome to Icy-Veins and I hope you will enjoy your stay here. If you have any question, feel free to ask me.

Repentance is useless. It is played only in secret Paladin because of Mysterious Challenger, however you don't run them and therefore you shouldn't run any secrets. Add a second Knife Juggler.

Seal of Champions isn't that useful, you get to deal 3 damage for 3 mana and block one instance of damage. Not useful enough in this fast meta where you will usually block 2 or 3 damage. A second Minibot would be way better.

BGH is a tech card and should be used only if the meta is slow enough to make him worth it in almost every match. If your meta is fast (just like mine), remove it and use a Zombie Chow. Zombie Chow is a great aggro-stopper and is somewhat useful in a slow-ish meta as a tempo play.

Blessings of Might are simply not good enough. It is bit too slow. Keeper of Uldaman is way more flexible, can add +2/+2 to your Recruits and can soft remove your opponent's big minion. You will always have a target. Add a second Keeper to your deck.

ETC is way too random and unreliable. You don't have any advantage over your opponent over this spell (unlike Spellslinger in Tempo Mage) and your opponent will be able to use the spell first. This gives him advantage over you. You should add a second Quartermaster.

Loatheb is sort of a tech card. If you play against control decks, he sure comes handy, but he can be useless against aggro as they will have minions to be played. If you face aggro, add one Coghammer. It is a great anti-aggro weapon and can be quite useful against control as well.

Tuskarr Jouster is just like Loatheb a tech card. Tuskarr Jouster is good against aggro, but not so good against control. He is best used in midrange meta. If you are in one, keep him. If you are in aggro meta, Antique Healbot would be better. If you are in control meta, add Sylvanas. I know you don't have her, but she is really strong and is used in variety of decks. 

Enter the Coliseum will often hurt your board too bad to be useful. A second Belcher can take its place. 

Ragnaros is loaded in a deck that already has enough late-game. If you face control A LOT (talking about 4 out of 5 games), keep him. Otherwise add a Zombie Chow (if you go against A LOT of aggro) or a Piloted Shredder. Shredder is arguably the best 4-drop, good in any meta.

Icehowl is too slow and can be easily removed. You also don't run enough silences to allow him to go face. Add a Piloted Shredder. 

You have a high amount of bad legendaries. If you aren't a hoarder, I recommend disenchanting them. If you need any help, PM me. 

Either crafting rares that are used in the "full" deck or, what I personally recommend, saving dust for Epics/Legendaries.

So I am 175 dust away from a Legendary, I was wondering if I should make boom or justicar first, which would benefit the current deck more, and if thats the right course of action instead of crafting some epics and filling the deck out minus the legendaries

So I am 175 dust away from a Legendary, I was wondering if I should make boom or justicar first, which would benefit the current deck more, and if thats the right course of action instead of crafting some epics and filling the deck out minus the legendaries

Both have its cons and pros. However, Boom is way more flexible and usable in more decks than justicar, so I would go with him. 

If the meta is aggro, crafting legendaries would be better (Lay on Hands and Quartermasters) as the paladin epics really help to beat aggro. If you face more control/midrange, Boom would be better. However, fill the deck with all the needed cards before crafting Justicar.

2x mortal coil
2x flame imp
2x darkbomb
2x ironbeak owl
2x knife juggler
2x shadowbolt
2x hellfire
2x imp-losion
2x shadowflame
1x defender of argus
2x piloted shredder
1x abomination
1x antique healbot
1x azure drake
1x faceless
2x siphon soul
1x argent commander
1x piloted sky golem
1x ragnaros the firelord

Yes, Control Warrior works better than Aggro Warrior, but you lack the crucial cards and the deck costs 10-15k dust. I don't think that it is within your budget options.

Yet again, a deck that is a mix of different decks. I will go with Zoo since Handlock is quite expensive.
Mortal Coils don't fit the deck. You need minions and proactive plays. The only spells that are run in zoo are Imp-losion and Power Overwhelming/Soulfire. Add Power Overwhelmings in the place of the Coils.
Darkbomb don't fit the deck either. Their cost is too high and the damage too low to make them good for going face and you already have enough minions to clear the board. Add Voidwalkers, they are strong taunts and have high health and therefore synergise really well with attack buffs.
Shadowbolt is just bad. You pay 3 mana for 4 damage to a minion, that is simply too bad. Add Abusive Sergeants. They are really important in Zoo by buffing attack and the whole Zoo is built around this mechanism.
Hellfires hurt your board and that is not really what you want. You should add Dire Wolves Alpha. They also help the main strategy of this deck by buffing attack.
One Shadowflame is enough. I would add a second Defender of Argus. You will often have minions on board, making it way easier to find suitable targets for the buff.
Abomination is really bad. It kills your board, hurts your face and can be killed by for example Swipe. A Dark Iron Dwarf would it the deck as it is another minion that buffs the attack.
Antique Healbot is not really needed here. You should be able to control the board if you are unable to do so, you lost anyway. A second Dark Iron Dwarf would be really nice.
Card draw is not needed since you already have your hero power that draws cards. Remove Azure Drake and add a Silent Knight. Silent Knight is good even without attack buff and is simply great when your are able to buff him.
Faceless Manipulator is questionable here, but can be used if the meta is low enough. If the meta is fast, go with an Argent Squire. She is a sticky minion and that fits the deck well. She can also trade for 2 1-drops in case you face aggro.
Siphon Soul is too slow. It is used in handlock because you can afford to go bit slower for a turn with it, but definitely not with Zoo. I would add two Wrathguards. They can be pretty ricky, but if it stops a minion from attacking your face, it is definitely worth it because you would get hit anyway, this way you also deal damage. They have a great value of 4/3 for 2 mana and that is something that fits the deck.
Argent Commander is ok, but I would rather go for a second Silent Knight here.
Piloted Sky Golem is too slow and can be silenced, it dies to Shredder and random 4-drop is usually worse than random 2-drop. One Doomguard would fit the deck and give you some more finishing power.

This deck needs at least one floor of Naxxramas. 3 would be better, but can be enough.

Spiteful Smith doesn't fit in aggro or control warrior very well. I would disenchant it instead.

Thanks for such a lengthy reply. My new warrior deck works very well and I'll definitely try out this deck!

Btw, I just got Sylvannas Windrunner from a pack. I'm still in shock, but I'm thinking of trading it with one of the silent knights. Would that work out?

Also,is it a good call to replace a piloted shredder with it in the aggro warrior deck?

Hi everyone!

1-repentance

1-equality

1-ironbeak owl

1-knife juggler

1-shielded minibot

2-muster for battle

1-seal of champions

2-aldor peacekeeper

1-big game hunter

2-truesilver champion

1-blessing of kings

2-consecration

1-keeper of uldaman

2-murloc knights

1-elite tauren chieftain

1-loatheb

1-quartermaster

1-sludge belcher

1-tuskar jouster

1-enter the coliseum

1-Dr. Boom

1-lay on hands

1-ragnaros

1-Tirion fordring

1-Icehowl

Chillmaw

Dr. Boom

Rend Blackhand

Chromaggus

Kel'Thuzad

Ragnaros

Icehowl

Majordomo

Nefarian

Onyxia

Deathwing

Bran Bronzebeard

Baron Rivendare

Elite Tauren Chieftain

Feugen

Stalagg

Loatheb

Emperor Thaurissan

Maexxna

Reno Jackson

-Jeanie

*Update*

Thanks for all of the great info. earlier, Positiv.

I toyed with my sham deck, after peeking at some of the others here. I managed to get to a 14 running the following deck First time EVER!!).  I'm going to DE my onyxia, and my deathwing, per your suggestion.  What do you suppose I get, and should I stick with the shaman or go with the pally?

http://postimg.org/image/4cos8ojnt/

I will get to the deck in the afternoon (CET). Right now I have about 10 minutes, so I will answer quick questions (ie. this one biggrin.png ).

Thanks for such a lengthy reply. My new warrior deck works very well and I'll definitely try out this deck!

Btw, I just got Sylvanas Windrunner from a pack. I'm still in shock, but I'm thinking of trading it with one of the silent knights. Would that work out?

Also,is it a good call to replace a piloted shredder with it in the aggro warrior deck?

I would remove Wrathguard. He gets killed by a 2-drop and can be risky. Sylvanas does fit the deck and is used in the midrange version.

Sylvanas doesn't fit aggro decks at all. I definitely would not add her in there.

I will get to the deck in the afternoon (CET). Right now I have about 10 minutes, so I will answer quick questions (ie. this one :D ). 
Thanks for such a lengthy reply. My new warrior deck works very well and I'll definitely try out this deck! Btw, I just got Sylvanas Windrunner from a pack. I'm still in shock, but I'm thinking of trading it with one of the silent knights. Would that work out? Also,is it a good call to replace a piloted shredder with it in the aggro warrior deck?
I would remove Wrathguard. He gets killed by a 2-drop and can be risky. Sylvanas does fit the deck and is used in the midrange version.Sylvanas doesn't fit aggro decks at all. I definitely would not add her in there.

Thanks for the reply! I was also wondering,is there any additions I can make to the deck to help against the faster decks? Against control I'm okay, but when I get outrushed it all goes down lol.

*Update*

I toyed with my sham deck, after peeking at some of the others here. I managed to get to a 14 running the following deck First time EVER!!).  I'm going to DE my onyxia, and my deathwing, per your suggestion.  What do you suppose I get, and should I stick with the shaman or go with the pally?

Stick with pally, he is arguably the best class and shaman the worst one right now.

Seems solid, but the meta is not slow enough to make Neptulon that good. I would run a second Fire Elemental in his place. Also, I have no experience with Tunnel Trogg and therefore i am not sure how good (or bad) he is. If he often sits in your hand or stays a 1/3 (without being able to trade into 1-drops), tell me and I will redesign the deck a bit. 

Thanks for the reply! I was also wondering,is there any additions I can make to the deck to help against the faster decks? Against control I'm okay, but when I get outrushed it all goes down lol.

Do you start losing in the early game or do your minions just get ignored and the opponent goes face? In case of the former, remove some of the buff minions (I would remove Wolves) and add more proactive plays, such as Argent Squire or a Flame Juggler. In case of the latter, remove Flame Imps and add some taunts. If you have Belchers, add them. Otherwise add Sen'jins.

hello! my dad got me into this game, ive only been playing for about a month, i play mage exclusively and i only have one legendary. this is the deck im using and i cant figure out why i seem to be loosing more than im winning. any help would be appreciated, hearthstone is fun, but losing isnt. thank you

Mirror Image × 1

Goldshire Footman × 1

Mana Wyrm × 2

Frostbolt × 2

Fallen Hero × 2

Frostwolf Grunt × 1

Sorcerer's Apprentice × 1

Arcane Intellect × 1

Counterspell × 1

Mirror Entity × 2

Ironfur Grizzly × 1

Fireball × 2

Polymorph × 2

Maiden of the Lake × 2

Mogu'shan Warden × 1

Booty Bay Bodyguard × 1

Coldarra Drake × 2

Justicar Trueheart × 1

Sunwalker × 1

Flamestrike × 2

Frost Giant × 1

Now that I know your budget is basically zero and as we agreed, I won't build a combo/synergy deck and will rather focus on proactive plays and strong minions.

Mirror Image does basically nothing. It only stops your opponent from attack twice and that is simply not good enough. Add an Water Elemental. It has a lot of health and can freeze minions and even the opposite hero. This is very useful when playing against Warrior, Druid, Hunter or even Paladin. Thanks to its high health it can survive a lot and doesn't get killed by AoE. You can also attack even without killing the minion, drop more minions while the "big minion" is frozen and attack with those to finish him off. 

Goldshire Footman has just too low stats. He won't do basically anything anything. A second Water Elemental would fit the deck.

Fallen Hero is not that good. You generally don't want to use your hero power on turn 3 and rather play a minion or a spell. I would use a second Sorcerer's Apprentice and an Acidic Swamp Ooze. Acidic Swamp Ooze can get rid of opponent's weapon if you don't draw into your Water Elementals. 

Frostwolf Grunt has again too low stats to be considered good. He dies to 2/3s for free and creates value and tempo for your opponent. Sen'jin would be a good addition to have a good taunt. He has high health to survive a lot of spells and minions and the attack is high enough to trade evenly with Yeti and trade 2 for 1 against 2-drops.

Ironfur Grizzly dies to most of 2-drops and again generates tempo for your opponent. A second Sen'jin would be probably the best option for inclusion.

Maiden of the Lake has way too low attack. The ability won't be used often as you will have enough big drops to be able to keep dishing them out. Chillwind Yetis / Piloted Shredders should take her place. Shredders are arguably the best 4-drops and can be used in any meta. Chillwind Yeti should be used if you don't have Shredders.

Mogu'shan Warden has way too low attack to be even considered an option. He often dies "for free" as he probably won't kill any opponent's minion. I would include Gnomish Inventor / Azure Drake. Azure Drake is one of the best draw options in game and the spell power will come handy. If you don't have Azure Drakes, use Gnomish Inventor instead.

Booty Bay Bodyguard is really bad. He has more attack than health (bad for a taunt) and costs way too much. Yet again, add Azure Drake / Gnomish Inventor.

Coldarra Drake can represent big threat during the late-game, but will often have to survive for more than a turn. If you are able to keep it alive for at least one turn, you were winning anyway. You can keep them or use Bouldrefist Ogres instead, depending on how often will you be able to use the ability.

Frost Giant is bit too risky and creates the only BGH-able minion. It can be used, but I would recommend Stormwind Champion or a Bouldefist Ogre to keep the deck strong in the late-game without having a BGH target. Maybe use the Frost Giant until you start facing BGHs and then switch to one of the option I listed.

• Like 2

Hey I am just stuck around 17-15 all last season.. can someone look at my deck and make suggestions please?

I have:

2 arcane missiles 

1 mirror image

1 leper gnome

1 flamecannon

2 frostbolt

1 unstable portal

1 ironbeak owl

1 mad scientist

1 snowchugger

2 arcane intellect

1 duplicate

1 forgotten torch

1 mirror entity

2 flamewaker

2 polymorph

2 fireball

1 piloted shredder

1 antique healbot

2 sludge belcher

1 emperor thaurssian

2 flamestrike

1 Kel'Thuzad

any help would be very appreciated!!

Edited.. it is arcane missles

Hey I am just stuck around 17-15 all last season.. can someone look at my deck and make suggestions please?

I have:

2 arcane missiles 

1 mirror image

1 leper gnome

1 flamecannon

2 frostbolt

1 unstable portal

1 ironbeak owl

1 mad scientist

1 snowchugger

2 arcane intellect

1 duplicate

1 forgotten torch

1 mirror entity

2 flamewaker

2 polymorph

2 fireball

1 piloted shredder

1 antique healbot

2 sludge belcher

1 emperor thaurssian

2 flamestrike

1 Kel'Thuzad

Don't mind the colors, just need to know what stays and what goes.

Alright, this deck looks like a tempo mage, so I will go with it.

Although being a cheap spell, Mirror Image doesn't do enough to be included. I would use a second Flamecannon.

Leper Gnome is an aggro minion, but tempo mage doesn't really care about that. You need to set up your board and then defend it with spells while dishing out a lot of damage. Add a second Mad Scientist.

You don't really need silence. It is an anti-control tech ability and you don't really need one. Go for a second Unstable Portal.

Snowchugger is not a cheap spell, not a tempo minion and not something that can deal with opponent's minions. Not usable even against weapon classes. One swing of a weapon and boom, no Chugger. A second Mirror Entity should be better.

Arcane Intellect is an anti-tempo card. It was used because it was a cheap spell that was not completely useless. Mages have a better option now with TGT. Add Spellslingers. They have premium stats and give you a spell. What more to want? (Just hope that you don't get Weapon Poison)

Duplicating Flamewaker would be the dream, but the reality is often somewhere else, where you will get 2 Mana Wyrms, Boom Bots or even random minions from portal. A Counterspell or Effigy would be better choices. Counterspell can mess up the plan of combo decks and control deck, whereas Effigy gives you tempo and board presence. Your choice.

Forgotten Torch is simply too slow. You aim to win quickly and investing for future turns is not something you would want. What you mostly get is 3 mana 3 damage and that is really bad. A second Shredder should take its place.

Polymorph is something that does not fit the deck that much. It is a control tool and doesn't really fit the deck and especially not the current meta. Add Dr. 7 for the insane value.

Healbot is too much of an overkill. 5 mana for a 3/3 body is the opposite of tempo and you shouldn't play it unless the meta becomes extremely aggro. Add Antonidas to have some more burn to seal the deal.

Belcher is a questionable addition. He can be useful in an aggro meta, not sure he is worth it now though. I don't run them and rather use Azure Drakes. They draw cards to keep you going and give you spell damage, quite useful.

Thaurissan is sometimes used only to boost Antonidas burn combo, but only in a slower meta. A Sorcerer's Apprentice would fit the deck well. She makes spells cost less and since the deck is centered around spells, she is simply awesome.

Flamestrikes are not really needed. No more Patron in the ladder, no need for Flamestrikes. A second Sorcerer's Apprentice would be probably the best choice. Also, add a Mana Wyrm, it has 3 health and can trade into 1-drops without dying. It can be easily buffed to kill bigger minions.

Kel'Thuzad does not fit the deck at all. There aren't that many minions to make him good and you already have late-game with Boom and Antonidas. A second Wyrm would be the best.

• Like 1

I have:

2 arcane missiles 

1 mirror image

1 leper gnome

1 flamecannon

2 frostbolt

1 unstable portal

1 ironbeak owl

1 mad scientist

1 snowchugger

2 arcane intellect

1 duplicate

1 forgotten torch

1 mirror entity

2 flamewaker

2 polymorph

2 fireball

1 piloted shredder

1 antique healbot

2 sludge belcher

1 emperor thaurssian

2 flamestrike

1 Kel'Thuzad

Don't mind the colors, just need to know what stays and what goes.

Alright, this deck looks like a tempo mage, so I will go with it.

Although being a cheap spell, Mirror Image doesn't do enough to be included. I would use a second Flamecannon.

Leper Gnome is an aggro minion, but tempo mage doesn't really care about that. You need to set up your board and then defend it with spells while dishing out a lot of damage. Add a second Mad Scientist.

You don't really need silence. It is an anti-control tech ability and you don't really need one. Go for a second Unstable Portal.

Snowchugger is not a cheap spell, not a tempo minion and not something that can deal with opponent's minions. Not usable even against weapon classes. One swing of a weapon and boom, no Chugger. A second Mirror Entity should be better.

Arcane Intellect is an anti-tempo card. It was used because it was a cheap spell that was not completely useless. Mages have a better option now with TGT. Add Spellslingers. They have premium stats and give you a spell. What more to want? (Just hope that you don't get Weapon Poison)

Duplicating Flamewaker would be the dream, but the reality is often somewhere else, where you will get 2 Mana Wyrms, Boom Bots or even random minions from portal. A Counterspell or Effigy would be better choices. Counterspell can mess up the plan of combo decks and control deck, whereas Effigy gives you tempo and board presence. Your choice.

Forgotten Torch is simply too slow. You aim to win quickly and investing for future turns is not something you would want. What you mostly get is 3 mana 3 damage and that is really bad. A second Shredder should take its place.

Polymorph is something that does not fit the deck that much. It is a control tool and doesn't really fit the deck and especially not the current meta. Add Dr. 7 for the insane value.

Healbot is too much of an overkill. 5 mana for a 3/3 body is the opposite of tempo and you shouldn't play it unless the meta becomes extremely aggro. Add Antonidas to have some more burn to seal the deal.

Belcher is a questionable addition. He can be useful in an aggro meta, not sure he is worth it now though. I don't run them and rather use Azure Drakes. They draw cards to keep you going and give you spell damage, quite useful.

Thaurissan is sometimes used only to boost Antonidas burn combo, but only in a slower meta. A Sorcerer's Apprentice would fit the deck well. She makes spells cost less and since the deck is centered around spells, she is simply awesome.

Flamestrikes are not really needed. No more Patron in the ladder, no need for Flamestrikes. A second Sorcerer's Apprentice would be probably the best choice. Also, add a Mana Wyrm, it has 3 health and can trade into 1-drops without dying. It can be easily buffed to kill bigger minions.

Kel'Thuzad does not fit the deck at all. There aren't that many minions to make him good and you already have late-game with Boom and Antonidas. A second Wyrm would be the best.

Thank you!!!  

Only one thing.. How can I get an archmage and a antonidas?

I have been trying to get one forever.. which decks should I try?  Should I do arena or just buy decks?

thank you again!!

Thank you!!!  

Only one thing.. How can I get an archmage and a antonidas?

I have been trying to get one forever.. which decks should I try?  Should I do arena or just buy decks?

thank you again!!

Archmage is a basic card, you already own him. Archmage Antonidas is his full name. By decks I believe you mean packs. He can be found in classic packs. If you are able to consistently get 4+ wins in arena (not just averaging 4 wins), arena would be a better choice for you. You can also craft him for 1600 dust.

Hi, a friend just started playing Hearthstone, I'm helping him post his deck here. It's a priest deck, and he wants some help with it.
1x Holy Smite
1x Mind Blast
1x Clockwork Gnome
1x Elven Archer
1x Cleric
1x Convert
1x Divine Spirit
2x SW:P
1x Annoy-O-Tron
1x Doomsayer
1x Owl
1x Micro Machine
1x SW:D
1x Earthen Ring Faseer
1x Raid Leader
1x Shadowfiend
1x Shattered Sun Cleric
1x Mass Dispel
1x Dragonling
1x Piloted Shredder
1x Senjin Shieldmasta
1x Holy Nova
1x Healbot
1x Argent Commander
1x Confessor Paletress
1x Mind Control

BTW, I wouldn't put it past him to buy some stuff...he bought like fifty bucks' worth of stuff in another game(Brave Frontier) so I don't think there's a budget limit lol wink.png. But just in case, can you give him a cheap deck? He has exactly zero dust. Thanks!

*Update*

I toyed with my sham deck, after peeking at some of the others here. I managed to get to a 14 running the following deck First time EVER!!). I'm going to DE my onyxia, and my deathwing, per your suggestion. What do you suppose I get, and should I stick with the shaman or go with the pally?

Stick with pally, he is arguably the best class and shaman the worst one right now.

Seems solid, but the meta is not slow enough to make Neptulon that good. I would run a second Fire Elemental in his place. Also, I have no experience with Tunnel Trogg and therefore i am not sure how good (or bad) he is. If he often sits in your hand or stays a 1/3 (without being able to trade into 1-drops), tell me and I will redesign the deck a bit.

Do you start losing in the early game or do your minions just get ignored and the opponent goes face? In case of the former, remove some of the buff minions (I would remove Wolves) and add more proactive plays, such as Argent Squire or a Flame Juggler. In case of the latter, remove Flame Imps and add some taunts. If you have Belchers, add them. Otherwise add Sen'jins.

Thanks Positiv. But what I meant was, what do I do when he board clears with Shadowflame, antique healbot or renold jackson himself and then swarm me with huge minions?