FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

Hey I am a  relatively new player and have a really small collection. I am open to small changes and stuff but don't have a lot of dust.

I currently run a mech mage and got up to rank 13 last season. Its built upon good starts with cogmaster then mechwarper and coin/mechwarper/clockwork on turn 1 with annoy-o-tron to protect mechwarper. I include Jeeves and flamestrike because this season i had signifigant trouble executing in the late game due to lack of cards and i could not catch up at all.

2x Cogmaster

2x Clockwork Gnome

2x Frostbolt

2x Mechwarper

2x Snowchugger

2x Annoy-o-Tron

2x Fireball

2x Spider Tank

2x Tinkertown Technician

2x Jeeves

2x Blast Mage

2x Piloted Shredder

2x Mechanical Yeti

2x Piloted Sky Golem

2x Flamestrike

Any improvemets would be great!

Mech mage should be played aggressively. If you need flamestrikes, you lost anyway. Mirror Entities would fit in well because you gain tempo by being able to attack first. 

Jeeves doesn't fit the deck too well. Your hand will often be clogged up with spare parts and burn spells that you don't want to use yet. Mad Scientists would fit in well since you will already have 2 secrets. 

OK, so this inspired me to make a druid deck as I realized that I have enough cards to get something going. Probably.

This is what I came up with as a working base:

---

2 Innervate

2 Claw

2 Raven Idol

1 Sir Finley Mrrgglton

2 Wild Growth

2 Mounted Raptor

2 Savage Roar

2 Shade of Naxxramas

1 Bite

2 Piloted Shredder

2 Swipe

2 Azure Drake

2 Druid of the Claw

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Force of Nature

1 Sylvanas Windrunner

1 Ancient of Lore

1 Kel'Thuzad

1 Arch-Thief Rafaam

---

Again, I have all adventures finished. Only Sylvanas and Toshley as extra legendaries. I have the one FoN and Ancient of Lore (included both in the deck). Missing a lot of rares. I would add in Aspirants if I had them (not sure what to remove though). I don't have Keeper of the Grove or Starfall either (but I can craft them in a couple of weeks if need be).

Any suggestions are welcome - I'm really unfamiliar with druid.

OK, so this inspired me to make a druid deck as I realized that I have enough cards to get something going. Probably.

This is what I came up with as a working base:

---

2 Innervate

2 Claw

2 Raven Idol

1 Sir Finley Mrrgglton

2 Wild Growth

2 Mounted Raptor

2 Savage Roar

2 Shade of Naxxramas

1 Bite

2 Piloted Shredder

2 Swipe

2 Azure Drake

2 Druid of the Claw

1 Emperor Thaurissan

1 Force of Nature

1 Sylvanas Windrunner

1 Ancient of Lore

1 Kel'Thuzad

1 Arch-Thief Rafaam

---

Again, I have all adventures finished. Only Sylvanas and Toshley as extra legendaries. I have the one FoN and Ancient of Lore (included both in the deck). Missing a lot of rares. I would add in Aspirants if I had them (not sure what to remove though). I don't have Keeper of the Grove or Starfall either (but I can craft them in a couple of weeks if need be).

Any suggestions are welcome - I'm really unfamiliar with druid.

Claw is a worse version of Wrath, so if you do have Wraths, include them instead.

Not sure about Raven Idol. It does work good in Arena, but not really sure how good they are in constructed. I would probably use Savage Combatants.

Bite is an awful card, even worse than a Mortal Strike (and nobody play Mortal Strike). One Spellbreaker could fit in as you don't have a silence in your deck.

Thaurissan is often used to enable combos. However, you can already play your full combo and playing it earlier could actually be harmful as you would lose tempo. Loatheb should be a better choice to have something to protect your board. 

Arch-Thief Rafaam is not really a good choice. You spend two turn playing an artefact and that is way too slow. Once you get Darnassus/Boom/2nd FoN/2nd AoL/AoW, this should be the card that should go away. Until that, Sludge Belcher could be used in this spot. 

I don't have Wrath but they are cheap. You are right about Claw I guess - i use it almost exclusively for removal anyway and i did have an encounter with a mech mage who kept my face freezed forever with the snowchuggers.

Not sure about Bite yet. I will think about it. The armor did save me a couple of times.

Raven Idol works fine so far. Yes its very random but i seldom get something bad. I used it both for spells and minions already.

Never drew a mounted raptor yet except once at 8 mana wh3n it didn't matter anymore.

Hey I am still a pretty new hs player with a small collection but I was able to get mysterious challenger recently.

I constructed a Secret Paladin Aggro deck based upon this one on the icy veins website (I dont have the cards for the full deck). https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/secrets-paladin-aggro-rush-no-naxx-brm-loe-deck

Are there any good replacements for murlock knight for this deck?

PS: still looking for a movie to watch? what kind you like?

Edited by Epix

@Positiv:

Which of these cards would you consider using in the control priest and combo druid above:

Cenarius, Prophet Velen, The Black Knight, Ragnaros, Ysera

Yes I did open these today in my 50-pack XD.

Edited by csarmi
  • Like 1

Hey I am still a pretty new hs player with a small collection but I was able to get mysterious challenger recently.

I constructed a Secret Paladin Aggro deck based upon this one on the icy veins website (I dont have the cards for the full deck). https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/secrets-paladin-aggro-rush-no-naxx-brm-loe-deck

Are there any good replacements for murlock knight for this deck?

PS: still looking for a movie to watch? what kind you like?

Boom, Coghammer, Loatheb (but I suppose you don't have one), Abusive Sergeant. Also, there is a thread for each deck. In this case, it would be this thread. You can find the thread by clicking on the amount of comments in the upper right corner of the deck guide.

Yes, I still am looking for movies to watch. The genre doesn't really matter, but I prefer action movies.

@Positiv:

Which of these cards would you consider using in the control priest and combo druid above:

Cenarius, Prophet Velen, The Black Knight, Ragnaros, Ysera

Yes I did open these today in my 50-pack XD.

Ysera fits into control priest, in place of Rafaam.

Ragnaros can be used as a "budget" swap for Boom. He should be used in place of Rafaam in your druid deck.

• Like 1

Anyways here's the makeshift face hunter deck I've made
1x arcane shot
2x abusive sergant
2x leper gnome
1x worgen infiltrator
1x young dragonhawk
1x bear trap
2x explosive trap
2x quick shot
1x haunted creeper
2x ironbeak owl
2x knife juggler
2x mad scientist
1x scavenging hyena( didn't know what to put here)
1x eaglehorn bow(recently from a pack)
2x animal companion
2x kill command
1x unleash the hounds(only have 1)
2x arcane golem
2x wolfrider.
The tweaked version of the brm naxx gvg face hunter from this website.

Any idea how to improve it? Any cards that are not found from the original deck is because of both 1.) not enough dust 2.)didn't draw that card from a pack yet.

Managed to climb from 18 to 15, then dropped to 16. Feels like I'm going to be stuck there the whole season

On a side note, the deck is very fun to play, and i got my first friend request where the person just insulted me for playing face then deleted me as friend tongue.png

I had something similar happen to me but it was because I had enough coins to buy a new Hunter character. The person friend requested me, then said "gold character, get a life" but before I could explain that I bought the character with gold coins, he had instantly unfriended me. Really sucks.

Feel free to send me a friend request; who knows, maybe we could have a friendly battle. I'm still at rank 20, but I'm trying to get above that. At least I get the new card back at the end of every season.

@Positiv:
Cenarius, Prophet Velen, The Black Knight, Ragnaros, YseraYes I did open these today in my 50-pack XD.

I saved up enough dust to craft Ragnaros and Ysera. I played against another Ranked person and he used both of those cards against me. I knew then that I had to have them.

Thanks positiv2 for your reply. But i was wondering, could you tell me how to make a control deck instead,since I heard they work better than aggro?Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I forgot about it. I'm also running a warlock deck. Its cards are:2x mortal coil2x flame imp2x darkbomb2x ironbeak owl2x knife juggler2x shadowbolt2x hellfire2x imp-losion2x shadowflame1x defender of argus2x piloted shredder1x abomination1x antique healbot1x azure drake1x faceless2x siphon soul1x argent commander1x piloted sky golem1x ragnaros the firelordIt just can't seem to carry me beyond rank 20, I had to used the aforementioned warrior deck for that. Whats wrong with it? BTW, I recently got a spiteful smith from a pack. Any suggestions on how to integrate it in the deck?

Yes, Control Warrior works better than Aggro Warrior, but you lack the crucial cards and the deck costs 10-15k dust. I don't think that it is within your budget options. Yet again, a deck that is a mix of different decks. I will go with Zoo since Handlock is quite expensive.Mortal Coils don't fit the deck. You need minions and proactive plays. The only spells that are run in zoo are Imp-losion and Power Overwhelming/Soulfire. Add Power Overwhelmings in the place of the Coils.Darkbomb don't fit the deck either. Their cost is too high and the damage too low to make them good for going face and you already have enough minions to clear the board. Add Voidwalkers, they are strong taunts and have high health and therefore synergise really well with attack buffs.Shadowbolt is just bad. You pay 3 mana for 4 damage to a minion, that is simply too bad. Add Abusive Sergeants. They are really important in Zoo by buffing attack and the whole Zoo is built around this mechanism.Hellfires hurt your board and that is not really what you want. You should add Dire Wolves Alpha. They also help the main strategy of this deck by buffing attack.One Shadowflame is enough. I would add a second Defender of Argus. You will often have minions on board, making it way easier to find suitable targets for the buff.Abomination is really bad. It kills your board, hurts your face and can be killed by for example Swipe. A Dark Iron Dwarf would it the deck as it is another minion that buffs the attack.Antique Healbot is not really needed here. You should be able to control the board if you are unable to do so, you lost anyway. A second Dark Iron Dwarf would be really nice.Card draw is not needed since you already have your hero power that draws cards. Remove Azure Drake and add a Silent Knight. Silent Knight is good even without attack buff and is simply great when your are able to buff him.Faceless Manipulator is questionable here, but can be used if the meta is low enough. If the meta is fast, go with an Argent Squire. She is a sticky minion and that fits the deck well. She can also trade for 2 1-drops in case you face aggro.Siphon Soul is too slow. It is used in handlock because you can afford to go bit slower for a turn with it, but definitely not with Zoo. I would add two Wrathguards. They can be pretty ricky, but if it stops a minion from attacking your face, it is definitely worth it because you would get hit anyway, this way you also deal damage. They have a great value of 4/3 for 2 mana and that is something that fits the deck. Argent Commander is ok, but I would rather go for a second Silent Knight here.Piloted Sky Golem is too slow and can be silenced, it dies to Shredder and random 4-drop is usually worse than random 2-drop. One Doomguard would fit the deck and give you some more finishing power. This deck needs at least one floor of Naxxramas. 3 would be better, but can be enough. Spiteful Smith doesn't fit in aggro or control warrior very well. I would disenchant it instead.
Thanks for such a lengthy reply. My new warrior deck works very well and I'll definitely try out this deck! Btw, I just got Sylvannas Windrunner from a pack. I'm still in shock, but I'm thinking of trading it with one of the silent knights. Would that work out? Also,is it a good call to replace a piloted shredder with it in the aggro warrior deck?
yay i finally got the first floor of naxxramas. I've made all the changes you suggested in the next posts,this is the only one that actually shows the original deck lol. EDIT:I've made a deck out of it, do u hv any suggestions on what to replace?

2xpower overwhelming

2xabusive sergeant

2xflame imp

2xvoidwalker

2xknife juggler

2xironbeak owl

1xdire wolf alpha

2xhaunted creeper

2xnerubian egg

2xsilent knight

2xdark iron dwarf

2xpiloted shredder

2xdefender of argus

2ximp-losion

1xdoomguard

1xsylvannas

1xragnaros

Edited by TheEviscerator

yay i finally got the first floor of naxxramas. I've made all the changes you suggested in the next posts,this is the only one that actually shows the original deck lol. EDIT:I've made a deck out of it, do u hv any suggestions on what to replace?

2xpower overwhelming

2xabusive sergeant

2xflame imp

2xvoidwalker

2xknife juggler

2xironbeak owl

1xdire wolf alpha

2xhaunted creeper

2xnerubian egg

2xsilent knight

2xdark iron dwarf

2xpiloted shredder

2xdefender of argus

2ximp-losion

1xdoomguard

1xsylvannas

1xragnaros

Now you have pretty much a hybrid Zoo. Just get first two BrMs to replace the Silent Knights and then we will see which way will the meta go to improve the deck even more. Current meta favours the "usual" Zoo (the Zoo types are Flood, Midrange/Demon midrange and... uhh... "usual"?)

2xpower overwhelming

2xabusive sergeant

2xflame imp

2xvoidwalkerw

2xknife juggler

2xironbeak owl

1xdire wolf alpha

2xhaunted creeper

2xnerubian egg

2xsilent knight

2xdark iron dwarf

2xpiloted shredder

2xdefender of argus

2ximp-losion

1xdoomguard

1xsylvannas

1xragnaros

Now you have pretty much a hybrid Zoo. Just get first two BrMs to replace the Silent Knights and then we will see which way will the meta go to improve the deck even more. Current meta favours the "usual" Zoo (the Zoo types are Flood, Midrange/Demon midrange and... uhh... "usual"?)
Thanks for the reply! The deck has helped with my ranking a lot.

EDIT:just a few quick question:If this is "hybrid" zoo, do you have any suggestions on how to male this "usual" zoo?also i was thinking of adding sea giants,not to mention heals,since against face hunter or smth i just die with or without taunts.or maybe an annoyotron?also,just to confirm i shld save up for brm second wing right?cos the dark peddler looks SERIOUSLY tempting....

Edited by TheEviscerator
  • Like 1

So I just whipped up this battlecry-based low-cost aggro shaman deck, and had alroght results so far, but I've mainly had trouble with the efficient removals of enemy rogues and the early game buffs of priests. Any idea how I can make this better? I'm trying to break Rank 15 at the the moment, and I have all wings of Naxx (including class challenges), and wings 1 and 2 of League of Explorers.

http://i.imgur.com/FxUASPD.jpg

Thanks for the reply! The deck has helped with my ranking a lot.

EDIT:just a few quick question:If this is "hybrid" zoo, do you have any suggestions on how to male this "usual" zoo?also i was thinking of adding sea giants,not to mention heals,since against face hunter or smth i just die with or without taunts.or maybe an annoyotron?also,just to confirm i shld save up for brm second wing right?cos the dark peddler looks SERIOUSLY tempting....

Sea Giants are not that useful anymore. Add Peddlers, Imp Gang Bosses, second Doomguard and Gormok. These are expansion cards, so I think you can stay with the midrange-y version for now and turn it into the "usual" zoo (I still don't know how to call it. Zoolock maybe?) once you have all the needed cards.

So I just whipped up this battlecry-based low-cost aggro shaman deck, and had alroght results so far, but I've mainly had trouble with the efficient removals of enemy rogues and the early game buffs of priests. Any idea how I can make this better? I'm trying to break Rank 15 at the the moment, and I have all wings of Naxx (including class challenges), and wings 1 and 2 of League of Explorers.

http://i.imgur.com/FxUASPD.jpg

Alright, aggro and combo don't go together too well.  When you are playing aggro, you want proactive plays with high aggressive value (Jugglers, Leper Gnomes, burn spells...). Combo, on the other hand, wants slower games to be able to drop the combo in one turn and to draw enough cards to even have combo cards in hand. So, tell me, which way do you want to go? Aggro or battlecry combo?

Thanks positiv.quick question though-which cards to replace?

Silent Knights, Sylvanas, Rag, Dark Iron Dwarves, swap Owl for a second Dire Wolf (probably now already). You should also add a second Doomguard after you have all the other needed cards.

I love Dragons. I love deep strategy play style and I love the feeling I get from OTK wins. This deck has them all included and it performs well against many other decks. It provides you lot of fun and good win rate …if you are able to master it ofc.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/404387-legend-malygos-dragon-priest

Edited by LollTroll

hey positiv,i'v built a rogue deck,what do you think?its a bit "zoo"ish since the whole concept is using battlecries and attack boosts to trade other minions.

2xweapon poison

2xabusive sergeant

2xargent squire

2xdefias ringleader

2xdire wolf alpha

2xhaunted creeper

2xknife juggler

1xblade flurry

2xtinkmaster's oil

2xSI Agent

2xcult master

2xshredder

1xfrostwolf warlord

2xassasin's blade

1xsylvannas

2xstormwind champion

1xragnoras

Hi Icy Veiners.

My Name is Ello and I've been using your arena spread sheet for over half a year i think. I find the advices on this site very useful so i decided to create an account. Today i read about this thread and i was very nosy what you guys say about this deck here:

Combomage.jpg

I've been playing this deck for several months now and reached rank 11 with it, which is the highest rank i ever reached. It's kind of a spare-part mage comboing with antonidas, flamewalker, Eydis and Violet teacher. I'm planning to put gazlowe in it as soon as i get the dust (1500 atm). I tryid many other cards like questing adventurer or manawyrm, spellslinger and ethereal conjurer or pyromancer but somehow all of them didnt work out very well. I would really appreciate some new, fresh ideas, how to improve this deck idea, because somehow it's kind of my own idea and ive not seen this decktype very often.

I've played about 3000 games now, got all commons, mostly all rares, 50% of all epics and some legendarys and cleared all adventures. Crafting cards is not a problem for me, cause most cardpacls are 40 dust packs.

What do you think? 

Thanks positiv. Ah well...time to farm tgt...sigh

BTW:why are you a kingslayer and im a peasent??!not fair....lol jkjk:)

Don't worry, you will get a nice title eventually as well. Well, on my way to Dragonslayer biggrin.png

I love Dragons. I love deep strategy play style and I love the feeling I get from OTK wins. This deck has them all included and it performs well against many other decks. It provides you lot of fun and good win rate …if you are able to master it ofc.

Alexstrasza could fit there. She is great in almost any combo deck. Remove the Acolyte of Pain. You don't have enough effects to make him draw multiple cards.

Remove Senjins and use Blackwing Corruptors instead. You already have 4 taunts with high HP, but almost no tempo plays. 

I don't think museum curators will be that good to be included in a combo deck. Add a second Twilight Whelp and a second Holy Nova.

I doubt the deck will be good. The meta is aggressive and combo decks can't usually put up with that. Maybe try usual dragon priest.

hey positiv,i'v built a rogue deck,what do you think?its a bit "zoo"ish since the whole concept is using battlecries and attack boosts to trade other minions.

2xweapon poison

2xabusive sergeant

2xargent squire

2xdefias ringleader

2xdire wolf alpha

2xhaunted creeper

2xknife juggler

1xblade flurry

2xtinkmaster's oil

2xSI Agent

2xcult master

2xshredder

1xfrostwolf warlord

2xassasin's blade

1xsylvannas

2xstormwind champion

1xragnaros

Zoo rogue just doesn't work well enough to be considered usable. You will run out of cards and your minions don't have high enough minion value. Instead, they have tempo value and you should take advantage of it. Oil doesn't necessarily need to be expensive as there are a lot of cards that can be replaced, making Oil a cheap deck to use. Well, this deck sin't bad, it just isn't as good as oil is.

Hi Icy Veiners.

My Name is Ello and I've been using your arena spread sheet for over half a year i think. I find the advices on this site very useful so i decided to create an account. Today i read about this thread and i was very nosy what you guys say about this deck here:

Combomage.jpg

I've been playing this deck for several months now and reached rank 11 with it, which is the highest rank i ever reached. It's kind of a spare-part mage comboing with antonidas, flamewalker, Eydis and Violet teacher. I'm planning to put gazlowe in it as soon as i get the dust (1500 atm). I tryid many other cards like questing adventurer or manawyrm, spellslinger and ethereal conjurer or pyromancer but somehow all of them didnt work out very well. I would really appreciate some new, fresh ideas, how to improve this deck idea, because somehow it's kind of my own idea and ive not seen this decktype very often.

I've played about 3000 games now, got all commons, mostly all rares, 50% of all epics and some legendarys and cleared all adventures. Crafting cards is not a problem for me, cause most cardpacls are 40 dust packs.

What do you think?

Don't add Gazlowe, he isn't that good to be worth 1.6k dust. The random mechs won't usually be that good (looking at you, flying machine). Also, the minion value is awful. I would rather play windfury harpy than him as a 6-drop.

Mana Wyrm is a great card and you should use two of them. They are just too good.

I think one Flamecannon should be enough. I sometimes find it hard to use it even in my tempo mage. Too many paladins out there. Use a Mana Wyrm in its place. 

Mechwarpers aren't that useful when you run "only" 8 mechs. Add an Unstable Portal and a second Gadgetzan. 

Snowchuggers don't have enough synergy with the deck. Add a Sorcerer's Apprentice and an Unstable Portal. Cheap Tempo spell, exactly what you need. 

Forgotten Torches are too slow. Use a second Fireball and a second Mana Wyrm.

Tinkertown technician doesn't have much synergy either. Add one Arcane Intellect and one Thalnos. He has card draw for your combos and spell damage for your spells. 

Polymorphs aren't useful in aggro meta such as this. Use one Poly:Boar (which can be used against control as removal and against aggro as SMOrc tool) and a second Sorcerer's Apprentice. She cheapens your spells, allowing you to drop the combo at least one turn earlier.

Rhonin is tad too slow. You can use Boom for his insane value. 

However, I recommend using the usual Tempo instead of Gadgetzan Tempo. 

• Like 3

At least you aren't a vagrant like I am. LOL!

At least you aren't a vagrant like I am. LOL!

My bad, I just got upgraded to a Peasant.

Don't worry, you will get a nice title eventually as well. Well, on my way to Dragonslayer biggrin.png

Alexstrasza could fit there. She is great in almost any combo deck. Remove the Acolyte of Pain. You don't have enough effects to make him draw multiple cards.

Remove Senjins and use Blackwing Corruptors instead. You already have 4 taunts with high HP, but almost no tempo plays.

I don't think museum curators will be that good to be included in a combo deck. Add a second Twilight Whelp and a second Holy Nova.

I doubt the deck will be good. The meta is aggressive and combo decks can't usually put up with that. Maybe try usual dragon priest.

2xweapon poison

2xabusive sergeant

2xargent squire

2xdefias ringleader

2xdire wolf alpha

2xhaunted creeper

2xknife juggler

1xblade flurry

2xtinkmaster's oil

2xSI Agent

2xcult master

2xshredder

1xfrostwolf warlord

2xassasin's blade

1xsylvannas

2xstormwind champion

1xragnaros

Zoo rogue just doesn't work well enough to be considered usable. You will run out of cards and your minions don't have high enough minion value. Instead, they have tempo value and you should take advantage of it. Oil doesn't necessarily need to be expensive as there are a lot of cards that can be replaced, making Oil a cheap deck to use. Well, this deck sin't bad, it just isn't as good as oil is.

Hi Icy Veiners.

Combomage.jpg

What do you think?

Don't add Gazlowe, he isn't that good to be worth 1.6k dust. The random mechs won't usually be that good (looking at you, flying machine). Also, the minion value is awful. I would rather play windfury harpy than him as a 6-drop.

Mana Wyrm is a great card and you should use two of them. They are just too good.

I think one Flamecannon should be enough. I sometimes find it hard to use it even in my tempo mage. Too many paladins out there. Use a Mana Wyrm in its place.

Mechwarpers aren't that useful when you run "only" 8 mechs. Add an Unstable Portal and a second Gadgetzan.

Snowchuggers don't have enough synergy with the deck. Add a Sorcerer's Apprentice and an Unstable Portal. Cheap Tempo spell, exactly what you need.

Forgotten Torches are too slow. Use a second Fireball and a second Mana Wyrm.

Tinkertown technician doesn't have much synergy either. Add one Arcane Intellect and one Thalnos. He has card draw for your combos and spell damage for your spells.

Polymorphs aren't useful in aggro meta such as this. Use one Poly:Boar (which can be used against control as removal and against aggro as SMOrc tool) and a second Sorcerer's Apprentice. She cheapens your spells, allowing you to drop the combo at least one turn earlier.

Rhonin is tad too slow. You can use Boom for his insane value.

However, I recommend using the usual Tempo instead of Gadgetzan Tempo.

Positiv2 I could use some help with a Naxxramas challenge. It's a Paladin vs Kel'Thuzad. The only reason I beat Kel'Thuzad in the first place was with my combo mage deck. I can't create my own deck in the challenges. How am I supposed to beat Kel'Thuzad with a Paladin? Also I'm having trouble beating Nefarian. He is the last boss in Blackrock Mountain and no matter what I do with my decks, I get him down to 20 health and I end up dying. Any suggestions on decks and cards? PM me please.

Looks ok, but flash heals can be added as well in place of Acolytes. 

Focus a bit less on the combo and have more strong plays, such as Injured Blademaster, Belchers, Azure Drakes etc.

Positiv2 I could use some help with a Naxxramas challenge. It's a Paladin vs Kel'Thuzad. The only reason I beat Kel'Thuzad in the first place was with my combo mage deck. I can't create my own deck in the challenges. How am I supposed to beat Kel'Thuzad with a Paladin? Also I'm having trouble beating Nefarian. He is the last boss in Blackrock Mountain and no matter what I do with my decks, I get him down to 20 health and I end up dying. Any suggestions on decks and cards? PM me please.

There isn't much I can do to help you. I can recommend you videos, such as Icy-Veins' video guide or Trump's One Man Raid. See how these players play and try to use same tactics as them.

2 Backstab

2 Preparation

2 Deadly Poison

1 Blade Flurry

2 Eviscerate

1 Shiv

1 Bloodmage Thanos

1 Burgle

2 Fan of Knives

2 Earthen Ring Farseer

2 SI:7 Agent

2 Sabotage

1 Elise Starseeker

2 Violet Teacher

2 Azure Drake

1 Dark Iron Skulker

2 Sludge Belcher

1 Sprint

1 Dr. Boom

Trying really hard here to make a competitive level, Elise Starseeker-based control rogue. The idea is that we draw so many cards anyway, we can find the map and monkey to finish off our opponent.

This deck has performed...ok. I feel pretty in control most games during turns 4-7, staying alive to get into the late game has proven to be little issue. However, I'm just not quite being able to finish the opponent off. I'm either too low on health by the time I find the monkey to come back, or I draw my cards and use my removal but don't have enough gas to finish the opponent.

Perhaps Elise is not the optimal way to attempt to finish? Any advice here?

2 Backstab

2 Preparation

2 Deadly Poison

1 Blade Flurry

2 Eviscerate

1 Shiv

1 Bloodmage Thanos

1 Burgle

2 Fan of Knives

2 Earthen Ring Farseer

2 SI:7 Agent

2 Sabotage

1 Elise Starseeker

2 Violet Teacher

2 Azure Drake

1 Dark Iron Skulker

2 Sludge Belcher

1 Sprint

1 Dr. Boom

Trying really hard here to make a competitive level, Elise Starseeker-based control rogue. The idea is that we draw so many cards anyway, we can find the map and monkey to finish off our opponent.

This deck has performed...ok. I feel pretty in control most games during turns 4-7, staying alive to get into the late game has proven to be little issue. However, I'm just not quite being able to finish the opponent off. I'm either too low on health by the time I find the monkey to come back, or I draw my cards and use my removal but don't have enough gas to finish the opponent.

Perhaps Elise is not the optimal way to attempt to finish? Any advice here?

The main problem with Elise is that you have to find two cards. Let's say that every card is in the middle of the remaining deck. That means Elise would be card number 15, Map would be card 7/8 and the monkey would be 3/4. This would mean that in average only 2 or 3 cards are changed. This isn't enough to be considered game-changing. Also, if you draw many cards, you will go to fatigue much earlier than your opponent and that is simply the opposite of what you want when playing Control. 

I don't think Elise is the right choice here and I recommend you to rather stay with oil.

And last thing: Sabotage is quite bad in current pally/aggro meta. It gets very low value. Burgle is something like card draw, but worse. Random class card is usually trash.