FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sottle

The Rate/Improve my deck thread.

Hi, first post on the forum! I have a good deck that I have spent some of my own money on, but I cant seem to get past the 18th rank. This is my deck. I play Druid just in case you can't tell... lol.

x2 Innervate

x2 Wild Growth

x2 Wrath

x2 Darnassus Aspirant

x1 Youthful Brewmaster (have had some awesome combos from this card)

x2 Savage Roar

x1 Harvest Golem

x2 Shade of Naxxramas

x2 Swipe

x2 Keeper of the Grove

x2 Piloted Shredder

x2 Druid of the Claw

x1 Faceless Manipulator (for big minions that i have no answer for and other reasons)

x2 Sludge Belcher

x2 Force of Nature

x1 Emperor Thaurissan

x1 Ancient of Lore

x1 Dr. Boom

I have had a little below a 50% win rate with this deck and I love it. However I struggle with aggro type decks and freeze mages. Paladin is also not a fun match up, and I'm sure i don't even have to mention how much I HATE hunter! Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, first post on the forum! I have a good deck that I have spent some of my own money on, but I cant seem to get past the 18th rank. This is my deck. I play Druid just in case you can't tell... lol.

x2 Innervate

x2 Wild Growth

x2 Wrath

x2 Darnassus Aspirant

x1 Youthful Brewmaster (have had some awesome combos from this card)

x2 Savage Roar

x1 Harvest Golem

x2 Shade of Naxxramas

x2 Swipe

x2 Keeper of the Grove

x2 Piloted Shredder

x2 Druid of the Claw

x1 Faceless Manipulator (for big minions that i have no answer for and other reasons)

x2 Sludge Belcher

x2 Force of Nature

x1 Emperor Thaurissan

x1 Ancient of Lore

x1 Dr. Boom

I have had a little below a 50% win rate with this deck and I love it. However I struggle with aggro type decks and freeze mages. Paladin is also not a fun match up, and I'm sure i don't even have to mention how much I HATE hunter! Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Youthful Brewmaster is a really bad choice here. Main problem when playing druid is that once you fall behind, it is hard to recover. This way you are giving your opponent tempo by making you playing that minions again. Add a second Ancient of Lore.

Golem is just not good enough. Add an Ancient of War. He is a big taunt and is really strong even when silenced.

Faceless manipulator is used only against control/slow midrange decks. It is completely useless in aggro matchups. Also, you run 2 Keepers of the Grove, meaning that you often have a silence. Add an Azure drake for draw and spell damage.

Belcher isn't that needed. You have Druids of the Claw, Swipe, Keepers of the Grove and an Ancient of War to deal with aggro decks. Add a Savage Combatant. He probably isn't that good, but I just like him and I found him useful most of the times. Swap the second Belcher for a BGH if you struggle against slow decks and often find yourself unable to deal with opponent's Boom. If you don't struggle with them, add a second Azure Drake instead.

As I do most of the times, I recommend watching videos if you have problems playing a specific decks. My favourite "tutorials" are Trump's.

Hello there. I was thinking of making a priest deck using eerie statue with silence. The skeleton would be the same as a control deck just adding those two cards.

2x silence
2x power word: shield
2x cleric
2x shadow word: pain
Shrinkmeister
2x velens chosen
2x death lord
Fjola lightbane
2x eerie statue
Elise star seeker
2x holy nova
2x sludge belcher
Sylvanas
2x entomb
2x cabal shadow priest
Lightbomb
Dr boom
Ysera
Mind control
Suggestions?
Really like fjolas synergy with the priest buffs. thanks!

I am currently rank 10 on the ladder, all adventure cards, and almost all of the most used legendary/epic cards (Alex, boom, Sylvaner, ysera, bloodmage etc)

Hi Positiv, I've been thinking of making a cheaper handlock deck once i get enough dust.

2xmortal coil

2xflame imp

2xdarkbomb

2xancjent watcher

2xironbeak owl

2xsunfury protector

2xearthen ring farseer

2xhellfire

2ximplosion

2xshadowflame

2xtwilight drake

2xantiqe healbot

2xdefender of argus

2xmolten giant

2xmountain giant

1xsylvannas

1xragnaros

Hello there. I was thinking of making a priest deck using eerie statue with silence. The skeleton would be the same as a control deck just adding those two cards.

2x silence

2x power word: shield

2x cleric

2x shadow word: pain

Shrinkmeister

2x velens chosen

2x death lord

Fjola lightbane

2x eerie statue

Elise star seeker

2x holy nova

2x sludge belcher

Sylvanas

2x entomb

2x cabal shadow priest

Lightbomb

Dr boom

Ysera

Mind control

Suggestions?

Really like fjolas synergy with the priest buffs. thanks!

I am currently rank 10 on the ladder, all adventure cards, and almost all of the most used legendary/epic cards (Alex, boom, Sylvaner, ysera, bloodmage etc)

Did you add Eerie Statue because you genuinely think that it's a good card/combo, or just because it seemed fun? It's not that good, so I just want to ask you first if you want me to keep it there.

Hi Positiv, I've been thinking of making a cheaper handlock deck once i get enough dust.

2xmortal coil

2xflame imp

2xdarkbomb

2xancjent watcher

2xironbeak owl

2xsunfury protector

2xearthen ring farseer

2xhellfire

2ximplosion

2xshadowflame

2xtwilight drake

2xantiqe healbot

2xdefender of argus

2xmolten giant

2xmountain giant

1xsylvannas

1xragnaros

The problem with Handlock is that it is a bit hard to make it into a budget deck. Also, Handlock is quite bad in current meta and I would recommend Renolock instead.

Flame Imp is a low cost proactive card and therefore has a negative synergy with the deck. You have a proactive play on turn 1, so you play it. However, this results in one less card in your hand. A single copy of Siphon Soul will be a good choice.

Not sure about the Imp-losions. You have no way to make them stronger/worth it (such as DID, Gormok, Dire Wolf...) and therefore you will be left with 6 damage over two turns. If you are losing on the board by turn 4 (which is not rare), your opponent will choose which minions will attack the Imps and you will be left with a pretty low value. A BGH to counter Boom and a Belcher to have a big taunt.

Two Shadowflames are too many, especially when you already run 2 Hellfires. Another Belcher could be a solid choice.

Now you have a semi-solid budget Handlock. Still, I recommend Renolock (such as this one by my favourite player, Stancifka).

I thought it would be a good combo, but if it's not then I'll just go with regular

Control priest. Thanks

Your deck resembles more midrange priest than control priest. So, do you want midrange or control?

I thought it would be a good combo, but if it's not then I'll just go with regular

Control priest. Thanks

Your deck resembles more midrange priest than control priest. So, do you want midrange or control?

Control priest. Thanks

Umm I guess control. Whichever is more competitive. I like fjola and Elise the most in my priest decks.

I've been playing Patron Warrior a bit, though I'm missing Grommash.

Decklist - http://imgur.com/KSV9l5m

Collection - http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Nonsense_King/collection

I have all adventures, and am currently rank 13 on the ladder (Was 12 yesterday before losing to a few handlocks. :(  )

I also just opened up a Tyrion Fordring, but haven't played much Paladin (only level 14), so don't really know where to start there.  I'm lacking Mysterious Challengers and Coghammers from Sottle's posted secrets deck, but have pretty much everything else.  https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/sottle-secrets-paladin-midrange-loe-deck

I'm also sitting on just over 2k dust, so am wondering what would be optimal to craft.  Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Im a f2p player who has from the start played control warrior. I built my deck after a guide on this page and ever since ive upgraded it as i see fit, however i have only reached a maximum of rank 17. When i win, i win easily, when i lose, i get utterly smashed, mostly by aggro decks. So i would like someone to give me advice what to change to make the deck more formidable.Right now im rank 18, got 230 dust ( ive disenchanted most of the cards of other classes expect mage) and got no adventures.

2x Execute

1x Whirlwind

2x Fiery War Axe

2x Cleave

1x Slam

1x Annoy-o-tron

2x Cruel Taskmaster

1x Ironbeak owl

1x Bash

1x Shield Block

1x Acolyte of Pain

1x Ironfur Grizzly

1x Spider Tank

1x Arathi Weaponsmith

1x Defender of Argus

2x Korkron Elite

1x Piloted Shredder

2x Senjin Shieldmasta

1x Brawl

1x Azure Drake

1x Shieldmaiden

1x Sunwalker

Ragnaros The Firelord (which i could disenchant for 1,6k dust)

Ysera (Until last week  was my only legendary, which is the reason she is here, but i think disenchanting her for 400 dust is not worth it)

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Celebinator

Umm I guess control. Whichever is more competitive. I like fjola and Elise the most in my priest decks.

To be honest, I don't really know which deck is more competitive now. So, do you generally like control more than midrange, vice-versa or not sure? Also, Midrange has bit more proactive plays and tends to have shorter games. Control priest tends to play the long game up to the point of being flagged as a "fatigue deck". He tends to semi-stall (stalling with playing a few minions as well - don't know how to call it) until the late-game to drop Ysera as the main win condition.

You choose the type and I will recommend fitting changes to your deck.

I have all adventures, and am currently rank 13 on the ladder (Was 12 yesterday before losing to a few handlocks. sad.png  )

I also just opened up a Tirion* Fordring, but haven't played much Paladin (only level 14), so don't really know where to start there.  I'm lacking Mysterious Challengers and Coghammers from Sottle's posted secrets deck, but have pretty much everything else.  https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/sottle-secrets-paladin-midrange-loe-deck

I'm also sitting on just over 2k dust, so am wondering what would be optimal to craft.  Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Swap Cruel Taskmaster for Sir Finley. Sir Finley will help you get a better hero power (as in more fitting one), the best being Warlock's hero power, followed by mage, then the rest of damaging hero powers. If your opponent plays an aggro deck, mulligan Sir Finley away and if you draw him, don't play him (unless you are 1 damage of lethal or something like that). 

Keep Sludge Belcher only if you face aggro a lot. If not, use Kor'kron elite. It is a strong, midrange card. If you don't like the card, use Dread Corsair instead.

Once you get your hands on Grommash, use him in place of Rag. 

Im a f2p player who has from the start played control warrior. I built my deck after a guide on this page and ever since ive upgraded it as i see fit, however i have only reached a maximum of rank 17. When i win, i win easily, when i lose, i get utterly smashed, mostly by aggro decks. So i would like someone to give me advice what to change to make the deck more formidable.

2x Execute

1x Whirlwind

2x Fiery War Axe

2x Cleave

1x Slam

1x Annoy-o-tron

2x Cruel Taskmaster

1x Ironbeak owl

1x Bash

1x Shield Block

1x Acolyte of Pain

1x Ironfur Grizzly

1x Spider Tank

1x Arathi Weaponsmith

1x Defender of Argus

2x Korkron Elite

1x Piloted Shredder

2x Senjin Shieldmasta

1x Brawl

1x Azure Drake

1x Shieldmaiden

1x Sunwalker

Ysera (Until last week  was my only legendary, which is the reason she is here, but i think disenchanting her for 400 dust is not worth it)

Any help is appreciated.

Control warrior is the opposite of cheap deck. I recommend you to abandon the project and play a different warrior deck instead. To make control warrior viable, you need at least 6k dust (which seems to be bit too much for you). You could try Mech Warrior (2-4k dust), Patron Warrior (4k dust) or aggro warrior (less than 1k dust), with patron warrior being the only competitive deck out of these three.

To be honest, I don't really know which deck is more competitive now. So, do you generally like control more than midrange, vice-versa or not sure? Also, Midrange has bit more proactive plays and tends to have shorter games. Control priest tends to play the long game up to the point of being flagged as a "fatigue deck". He tends to semi-stall (stalling with playing a few minions as well - don't know how to call it) until the late-game to drop Ysera as the main win condition.

You choose the type and I will recommend fitting changes to your deck.

I have all adventures, and am currently rank 13 on the ladder (Was 12 yesterday before losing to a few handlocks. sad.png  )

I also just opened up a Tirion* Fordring, but haven't played much Paladin (only level 14), so don't really know where to start there.  I'm lacking Mysterious Challengers and Coghammers from Sottle's posted secrets deck, but have pretty much everything else.  https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/sottle-secrets-paladin-midrange-loe-deck

Swap Cruel Taskmaster for Sir Finley. Sir Finley will help you get a better hero power (as in more fitting one), the best being Warlock's hero power, followed by mage, then the rest of damaging hero powers. If your opponent plays an aggro deck, mulligan Sir Finley away and if you draw him, don't play him (unless you are 1 damage of lethal or something like that). 

Keep Sludge Belcher only if you face aggro a lot. If not, use Kor'kron elite. It is a strong, midrange card. If you don't like the card, use Dread Corsair instead.

Once you get your hands on Grommash, use him in place of Rag. 

Im a f2p player who has from the start played control warrior. I built my deck after a guide on this page and ever since ive upgraded it as i see fit, however i have only reached a maximum of rank 17. When i win, i win easily, when i lose, i get utterly smashed, mostly by aggro decks. So i would like someone to give me advice what to change to make the deck more formidable.

2x Execute

1x Whirlwind

2x Fiery War Axe

2x Cleave

1x Slam

1x Annoy-o-tron

2x Cruel Taskmaster

1x Ironbeak owl

1x Bash

1x Shield Block

1x Acolyte of Pain

1x Ironfur Grizzly

1x Spider Tank

1x Arathi Weaponsmith

1x Defender of Argus

2x Korkron Elite

1x Piloted Shredder

2x Senjin Shieldmasta

1x Brawl

1x Azure Drake

1x Shieldmaiden

1x Sunwalker

Any help is appreciated.

Control warrior is the opposite of cheap deck. I recommend you to abandon the project and play a different warrior deck instead. To make control warrior viable, you need at least 6k dust (which seems to be bit too much for you). You could try Mech Warrior (2-4k dust), Patron Warrior (4k dust) or aggro warrior (less than 1k dust), with patron warrior being the only competitive deck out of these three.

Well i cant just abandon everything and start from scratch again can I ? What would you reccomend then, disenchanting ragna and using the dust for a new deck (out of which the mech warrior seems the most reasonable) ?

Yes, you can abandon it. You will just play a different deck while you collect dust for the needed cards for control warrior.
Don't disenchant Ragnaros, you will just have to craft him again sooner or later. 
To minimise the impact of having to craft other cards, make this deck. Most of the cards can be used in other decks and those that aren't used can be replaced with other cards. 
If you don't own any of those cards (War Bots, Mortal Strikes, Screwjank Clunkers, possibly Fel reavers if you don't want to play aggro druid or mech mage at close time in the future) use other cards that can fit the decks (Sir Finley, Tinkertown Technician, Boom (you will have to craft him anyway), Gorillabot, Clockwork gnomes).

The forum members don't have the option to remove their own posts. Don't worry, that's where I step in. If you have any troubles in the future, feel free to tell me.

Yes, you can abandon it. You will just play a different deck while you collect dust for the needed cards for control warrior.

Don't disenchant Ragnaros, you will just have to craft him again sooner or later. 

To minimise the impact of having to craft other cards, make this deck. Most of the cards can be used in other decks and those that aren't used can be replaced with other cards. 

If you don't own any of those cards (War Bots, Mortal Strikes, Screwjank Clunkers, possibly Fel reavers if you don't want to play aggro druid or mech mage at close time in the future) use other cards that can fit the decks (Sir Finley, Tinkertown Technician, Boom (you will have to craft him anyway), Gorillabot, Clockwork gnomes).

The forum members don't have the option to remove their own posts. Don't worry, that's where I step in. If you have any troubles in the future, feel free to tell me.

What about disenchanting Ragnaros and crafting Dr.Boom. I like Ragna and the fact that he is golden, but ive read that Boom is considered to be the best all-round legendary?

And i believe me getting 5-6k dust which you mentioned is needed for a good control warrior aint gonna hapen unless i have incredbile luck with 1 pack i get about every 2 days.

Edited by Celebinator

Ragnaros is often used in control warrior and therefore you would get rid of one card to get another card, which doesn't seem to be worth of losing the golden effect (which I do like myself a lot). 

Yes, Boom is, in my opinion, the second strongest legendary in one card (ie. no combos). That's why it is going to be the first card you will try to save up dust for. 

The average dust amount per pack is 101.44 dust. That means you will have to open about 50-60 packs. However, you already have some cards needed for the deck and therefore it will be a bit cheaper for you. A little bit below 5k dust I guess.

Ragnaros is often used in control warrior and therefore you would get rid of one card to get another card, which doesn't seem to be worth of losing the golden effect (which I do like myself a lot). 

Yes, Boom is, in my opinion, the second strongest legendary in one card (ie. no combos). That's why it is going to be the first card you will try to save up dust for. 

The average dust amount per pack is 101.44 dust. That means you will have to open about 50-60 packs. However, you already have some cards needed for the deck and therefore it will be a bit cheaper for you. A little bit below 5k dust

Okay thanks, ill be sure to ask again if i have any more questions.

Edited by Celebinator

Hi. I've started playing HS this month and pretty much sucked at it until i've found your basic guides, Sottle. Thanx for that, btwtongue.png . After trying out all classes, my favs are Priest and Mage. I've decided to focus on the Mage, so i've spent my dust to create the cheap aggressive deck, which didnt quite work out for me. Nonetheless, it was a valuable experience that tought me one important thing: i'm much more comfortable with a Control type of play. So, the next thing i did was to build this deck (which brought me to rank 14, just 1 win shy of rank 13):

2x Mana Wyrm                        2x Arcane Intellect                       2X Azure Drake

1X Arcane Explosion               2x Harvest Golem                        1x Argent Commander

2x Frostbolt                             2x Fireball                                    1x Boulderfist Ogre

2x Haunted Creeper               2X Polymoprh                               2x Flamestrike

2x Knife Juggler                      2x Piloted Shredder                     1x Stormwind Champ

2x Sorcerer's Apprentice        2x Water Elemental

Here's my collection: http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/Lapusneanu/collection

Of course, i'm interested in everything that could improve my game: swaps from the cards i have at my disposal, crafts that could improve my deck with just 200 dust to spare and future crafts or wings i should focus upon. Also, since i'm a rather new player, Mulligan and a basic plan to play the new deck would be appreciated (should i play the highest minion available every turn, should i go for more smaller minions or should i use the Hero power every turn etc.) Any tips, really. Thanx in advance and keep up the good work!

I would like an advice on this deck please..

Circle of Healing x 2
Silence
Power Word: Shield x 2
Northshire Cleric x 2
Zombie Chow x 2
Shadow Word: Pain
Museum Curator x 2
Wild Pyromancer
Shadow Word: Death
Dark Cultist x 2
Shadow Madness
Auchenai Soulpriest x 2
Elise Starseeker
Excavated Evil
Holy Nova x 2
Sludge Belcher x 2
Entomb x 2
Sunwalker
Temple Enforcer
Ysera

Completed LoE, missing final wing on both Naxx and BRM.. and no other legendary ._.

Edited by KiNASuki

Hi. I've started playing HS this month and pretty much sucked at it until i've found your basic guides, Sottle. Thanx for that, btwtongue.png . After trying out all classes, my favs are Priest and Mage. I've decided to focus on the Mage, so i've spent my dust to create the cheap aggressive deck, which didnt quite work out for me. Nonetheless, it was a valuable experience that tought me one important thing: i'm much more comfortable with a Control type of play. So, the next thing i did was to build this deck (which brought me to rank 14, just 1 win shy of rank 13):

2x Mana Wyrm                        2x Arcane Intellect                       2X Azure Drake

1X Arcane Explosion               2x Harvest Golem                        1x Argent Commander

2x Frostbolt                             2x Fireball                                    1x Boulderfist Ogre

2x Haunted Creeper               2X Polymoprh                               2x Flamestrike

2x Knife Juggler                      2x Piloted Shredder                     1x Stormwind Champ

Of course, i'm interested in everything that could improve my game: swaps from the cards i have at my disposal, crafts that could improve my deck with just 200 dust to spare and future crafts or wings i should focus upon. Also, since i'm a rather new player, Mulligan and a basic plan to play the new deck would be appreciated (should i play the highest minion available every turn, should i go for more smaller minions or should i use the Hero power every turn etc.) Any tips, really. Thanx in advance and keep up the good work!

The only place where Arcane Explosion is useful is in current brawl. It is completely useless everywhere else. One Mind Control Tech should be a better choice against flood decks and paladins. 

Haunted Creeper is used in aggro decks because it can survive AoEs and is sticky, which you don't really care about. 2 copies of Sen'jin will be useful and it is good to have taunt minions.

Knife Juggler isn't that good here because you have only 4 minions that would be played on turn 3 (Sorcerer's Apprentices and Harvest Golems). 2 Pitfighters will be probably better.

You already runs enough removals to make Argent Commander almost useless. A Gurubashi Berserker would be better and it gives you a strong late-game card. 

You simply run too many spells to make Stormwind Champion good enough to be included. A second Ogre should be better.

With 2 Arcane Intellects and 2 Azure Drakes, you will run out of cards quite slowly. Thanks to this, you won't have to use hero power frequently like face hunter have to. You should mulligan for 1-3 drops with the exception of MCT and Arcane Intellect. 

If you want to keep playing mage as the main class, start saving for Naxx. Once you have second wing, swap Senjins and Belchers. Then keep saving for another two (a total of 4). Once you have them, you will be able to add secrets to your deck. Also, you will have quite a lot of new cards (thanks to spectate quest and Brawl), which will result in more changes in the deck. Then save for the first wing of BrM for Thaurissan. After that save for the first wing of LoE for Forgotten torch. You will have all the needed adventure cards for freeze mage and you will start buying packs according to which cards you miss.  

• Like 1

Circle of Healing x 2
Silence
Northshire Cleric x 2
Zombie Chow x 2
Museum Curator x 2
Wild Pyromancer
Dark Cultist x 2
Shadow Madness
Auchenai Soulpriest x 2
Elise Starseeker
Excavated Evil
Holy Nova x 2
Sludge Belcher x 2
Entomb x 2
Sunwalker
Temple Enforcer
Ysera

Completed LoE, missing final wing on both Naxx and BRM.. and no other legendary ._.

What is your current budget (as in dust)?

>.< Not enough for an epic even...

But I should get kelthuzad by tomorrow the latest.. then I should be able to go for arena at least twice a week >.<, so dust prolly can be afforded.. tho I still want to get Boom one day.

I'm trying to see if I can improve my shaman deck. Was able to hit rank 13 today with it, but I had climbed most of the way with one of the cheap Hunter decks from this site, so I'm not sure if I just got a little lucky to finally get past 14 or not. I have the first three wings of NAX, the first wing of Blackrock and the first wing of LOE. My collection consists of mostly the original set although I have acquired several packs from GVG and TGT. I have quite a few rares from the original set, (although mostly one of each) and a handful of legendaries. I feel like I'm missing quite a few key cards I have seen used across a lot of the cheap decks here, or at least I only have one. I'm trying to focus on my shaman deck because I was lucky enough to get Doomhammer and Alakir the WIndlord. Although I'm working to unlock the next wing of NAX to get Mad Scientists and Zombie Chow to improve many of my decks. I don't have any dust at the moment as I spent it all trying to get most of the basic and rare cards I was missing for the cheapest hunter deck, but I could buy more packs before I hit the next NAX wing if it would be a better investment at this point.

Here's the shaman deck:

2x Earthshock

2x Rockbiter Weapon

1 Abusive Sergeant

2x Crackle

2x Dire Wolf

2x Flame Tongue

2x Haunted Creeper

1 Knife Juggler

2x Neurubian Egg

1 Elemental Destruction

1 Feral Spirit

2x Hex

1 Mana Tide Totem

1 Shattered Sun Cleric

2x Tuskarr Totemic

1 Gnomish Inventor

1 Piloted Shredder

1 Rumbling Elemental

1 Doomhammer

1 Bloodlust

2x Fire Elemental

1 AlAkir the Windlord 

I started with the basic cheap Shaman deck here, made all the suggested trades I had and made some other trades based on what I saw as the next step up Shaman deck and the crafting guide. Feeling maybe I can start by trading out a dire wolf with a lance carrier and Gnomish Inventor with Azure Drake? Thanks in advance for all suggestions. I have a mac so unfortunately I can't upload my collection.

Circle of Healing x 2
Silence
Northshire Cleric x 2
Zombie Chow x 2
Museum Curator x 2
Wild Pyromancer
Dark Cultist x 2
Shadow Madness
Auchenai Soulpriest x 2
Elise Starseeker
Excavated Evil
Holy Nova x 2
Sludge Belcher x 2
Entomb x 2
Sunwalker
Temple Enforcer
Ysera

Remove Silence, you already run 2 Entombs. Craft a second Pyromancer. He offers a semi-strong boar clear and in the worst case is juts a 2 mana 3/2.

Shadow Word Pain was mostly used as a stall card or a card to deal with Belchers. Because the deck will contain 2 Deathlords and already contains two Chow to deal with early-game minions, and contains Entombs to deal with Belchers, you don't need SW:P. Include an Injured Blademaster. He has nice combo with Circle and synergises very well with your hero power. 

Shadow Madness is too slow and situational. It was mainly used to deal with Sludge Belcher, but you run 2 Entombs. A copy of Cabal Shadow Priest would be a better way to deal with small minions.

Elise Starseeker is not needed because you already run Ysera as your main late-game win condition. A Deathlord to stop aggro decks seems like a better choice.

Not sure about Excavated Evil. Once you have enough dust, craft Lightbomb and swap those two.

Sunwalker isn't really strong, especially not with pally meta. Not only will be the Divine Shield broken by a 1/1, you can't even properly heal it because of the divine shield (too low HP for too much mana). A second Deathlord should be stronger.

Temple Enforcer isn't really needed. An Injured Blademaster would be better. 

I'm trying to see if I can improve my shaman deck. Was able to hit rank 13 today with it, but I had climbed most of the way with one of the cheap Hunter decks from this site, so I'm not sure if I just got a little lucky to finally get past 14 or not. I have the first three wings of NAX, the first wing of Blackrock and the first wing of LOE. My collection consists of mostly the original set although I have acquired several packs from GVG and TGT. I have quite a few rares from the original set, (although mostly one of each) and a handful of legendaries. I feel like I'm missing quite a few key cards I have seen used across a lot of the cheap decks here, or at least I only have one. I'm trying to focus on my shaman deck because I was lucky enough to get Doomhammer and Alakir the WIndlord. Although I'm working to unlock the next wing of NAX to get Mad Scientists and Zombie Chow to improve many of my decks. I don't have any dust at the moment as I spent it all trying to get most of the basic and rare cards I was missing for the cheapest hunter deck, but I could buy more packs before I hit the next NAX wing if it would be a better investment at this point.

Here's the shaman deck:

2x Earthshock

2x Rockbiter Weapon

1 Abusive Sergeant

2x Crackle

2x Dire Wolf

2x Flame Tongue

2x Haunted Creeper

1 Knife Juggler

2x Neurubian Egg

1 Elemental Destruction

1 Feral Spirit

2x Hex

1 Mana Tide Totem

1 Shattered Sun Cleric

2x Tuskarr Totemic

1 Gnomish Inventor

1 Piloted Shredder

1 Rumbling Elemental

1 Doomhammer

1 Bloodlust

2x Fire Elemental

1 AlAkir the Windlord 

I started with the basic cheap Shaman deck here, made all the suggested trades I had and made some other trades based on what I saw as the next step up Shaman deck and the crafting guide. Feeling maybe I can start by trading out a dire wolf with a lance carrier and Gnomish Inventor with Azure Drake? Thanks in advance for all suggestions. I have a mac so unfortunately I can't upload my collection.

I like Direwolves more than Lance Carriers. It allows you to buff 2 of your minions and whenever you trade, you can just spawn another Totem. Also, it has much higher minion value. 

Elemental Destruction is used for stalling. You don't need to stall, you just need to clear the board. A Storm is way better here as it doesn't kill your board.

Defender of Argus is better than SSC (at least in this case). Include him.

Yes, azure Drake in place of Inventor is definitely better.

I don't really like Rumbling Elemental. He is too slow and can go face,which is exactly what you don't want. Include a second Azure Drake.

Do Eggs work for you? 

The only place where Arcane Explosion is useful is in current brawl. It is completely useless everywhere else. One Mind Control Tech should be a better choice against flood decks and paladins. 

Haunted Creeper is used in aggro decks because it can survive AoEs and is sticky, which you don't really care about. 2 copies of Sen'jin will be useful and it is good to have taunt minions.

Knife Juggler isn't that good here because you have only 4 minions that would be played on turn 3 (Sorcerer's Apprentices and Harvest Golems). 2 Pitfighters will be probably better.

You already runs enough removals to make Argent Commander almost useless. A Gurubashi Berserker would be better and it gives you a strong late-game card. 

You simply run too many spells to make Stormwind Champion good enough to be included. A second Ogre should be better.

With 2 Arcane Intellects and 2 Azure Drakes, you will run out of cards quite slowly. Thanks to this, you won't have to use hero power frequently like face hunter have to. You should mulligan for 1-3 drops with the exception of MCT and Arcane Intellect. 

If you want to keep playing mage as the main class, start saving for Naxx. Once you have second wing, swap Senjins and Belchers. Then keep saving for another two (a total of 4). Once you have them, you will be able to add secrets to your deck. Also, you will have quite a lot of new cards (thanks to spectate quest and Brawl), which will result in more changes in the deck. Then save for the first wing of BrM for Thaurissan. After that save for the first wing of LoE for Forgotten torch. You will have all the needed adventure cards for freeze mage and you will start buying packs according to which cards you miss.  

Thanx for sharing some of your experience, positiv2. Yeah, I'm definitely sticking with Mage. Also, I'm quite happy that I was thinking somewhere in the same lines, well mostly:

1. I knew i desperately need some taunts in the deck, that's why i had first wing of Naxx opened already, trying to get the next for Belchers. I guess i disregarded picking Senjins because of the quantity of 4 mana picks i already had.

2. Arcane explosion is something i've added recently to cut the deficit of some very specifical situations like muster for battle. I was even considering bringing Wild Pyros and a second arcane explosion to emulate the effects of a flamestrike. Guess i was way off here, not seeing the power a MCT held.

3. I've also seen that i dont pose much of a threat in the late game in terms of big minions i could bring to the table, but i was most of the time in a comfortable enough position to win the game by that point. I was considering bringing some fresh faces in the big guys department, like a Frost Giant. 

4. The thing that surprised me the most and possibly wouldn't have fixed by myself without expert recommandation is the cutting of jugglers and creepers. I've just realised how much i was overvaluing them. I tought that jugglers had higher value in decks with "summon-a-minion deathrattle" cards, that's why i was playing it somewhat different. (i.e. turn 2 creeper followed by turn 3 juggler and crushing my creeper in his lets say turn 2 3/2 minion with a 75% chance of the knifes killing the minion, assuming there was only this minion on his side, as most of the time was the case). But i guess your right, since the jugglers would have to stick long enough to get the harvest and piloted to deathrattle.

So my deck looks like this (testing it as we speak):

2x Mana Wyrm                        2x Arcane Intellect                       2X Azure Drake

2x Sorcerer's Apprentice       2x Harvest Golem                        1X Gurubashi

2x Frostbolt                             2x Fireball                                      2x Boulderfist Ogre

1X MCT                                    2X Polymoprh                               2x Flamestrike

2X Senjins                              2x Piloted Shredder                     2x Pit Fighters

2x Water Elemental           

1. Saving for the Belchers to replce Senjins as you suggested, seems like forever thou. Is stockpiling every single drop of gold usually faster than spending it for Arena permissions and hoping for smtn like 9 wins? (had below 10 runs so far with a 6 win maximum so far)

2. Is 1x Acolyte of Pain worth replacing 1 x Arcane Intellect in this specific deck?

3. Would 1 x Frost Giant work instead of 1x Pit/Ogre/Gurubashi? (i must confess i like the potential in gurubashi)

Thanx

Edited by Lapusneanu