FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

Is there a way to have Weak Auras fade after a short time? More specific in this case i want the trigger to be Status - Item Equipped but for it to fade after "x" seconds.

Is there a way to have Weak Auras fade after a short time? More specific in this case i want the trigger to be Status - Item Equipped but for it to fade after "x" seconds.

I went to go try to do it and it seems to be more complicated.  The only thing I can think of is maybe doing some kind of custom trigger but I don't think it will work correctly because the 'item equipped' trigger will always return true, and I have no way of knowing when 

Just thought of something else, I can probably make one aura that detects when the aura becomes active, and then use that information to turn it back on itself to only activate when it first triggers.  This is a bit more complicated than needed I think, and not really worth doing.

Thanks a lot.

About party check and my code with "group" - I write it just for example. Not actually need group checking but also thanks.

First 30 minutes I couldn't understand why it is doesn't work. I found random group from another realm and try to configure it but nothing happend. Then i found few people from my realm and whit them it works well. I do something wrong or it shouldn't work with different realm?(just question, not need to do it)

And about myself. Ashamed to admit but I can't do this.

Try GetUnitName("self.unit") and UnitName("self.unit") functions(6 or 7 variants I think that will be work)

Works only one variant:

if UName == "MyNick" then

table.remove(playerTable)

end

It work. BUT when I wrote this post - it stopped working. Don't understand why, I don't change anything(sitting afk). And ofcourse this variant not universal(for each character who healer need change "MyNick"). 

I understand that I must use UnitName("unit") or UnitName("self.unit") but don't understand how to do it correctly. My logic is(using par of code which is already):

1. Add new variable (for example local PName = name("self"))

2. Compare UName and PName (if UName == PName then)

3. If  true - remove UName(which equal PName) from playerTable ( table.remove(playerTable) )

4. End

At this moment first point don't work. Is my logic right or I something missing?

P.S. don't write in skype - at this moment it is a last problem with configure this weakauras. When have  new questions - write on Skype 

Edited by Serafim1991

I've been trying to make a progressbar in Weakauras but my limited knowledge is preventing me from doing this simple task. :)

What I want is to start a custom timer, when a buff is applied to any target, and if there are multiple applications of the specified buff, I want multiple bars.

For my testing I've been using Sacred Shield and a custom timer of 10seconds.

(So what I want is during my testing is, every time anyone (friendly/hostile) gains Sacred Shield, a progressbar will start with 10seconds duration).

I tested with a Event trigger type of Spell, Aura Applied and adding Sacred Shield  but that doesn't create multiple bars, just the single one that refreshes if Sacred Shield is applied to any target.

I've also been testing simply using a Aura trigger with Multi-target unit but I am not able to get this to make anything but a simple buff-tracker, not with the custom timer I want.

Is there anyone more knowledgeable that can help me? 

I've been trying to make a progressbar in Weakauras but my limited knowledge is preventing me from doing this simple task. smile.png

What I want is to start a custom timer, when a buff is applied to any target, and if there are multiple applications of the specified buff, I want multiple bars.

For my testing I've been using Sacred Shield and a custom timer of 10seconds.

(So what I want is during my testing is, every time anyone (friendly/hostile) gains Sacred Shield, a progressbar will start with 10seconds duration).

I tested with a Event trigger type of Spell, Aura Applied and adding Sacred Shield  but that doesn't create multiple bars, just the single one that refreshes if Sacred Shield is applied to any target.

I've also been testing simply using a Aura trigger with Multi-target unit but I am not able to get this to make anything but a simple buff-tracker, not with the custom timer I want.

Is there anyone more knowledgeable that can help me? 

I have to work on this for a bit.  Cant today, maybe sometime this week before blizzcon.   

The problem I'll have is getting that custom timer, which if I make a second trigger, I could possibly get it working.

Just so people know, I'm at blizzcon currently so I won't be able to do anything until next week. Send me a PM of you happen to read this and want to say hey. (though I doubt ppl reading this are at blizzcon =P)

How do i make this show the timer as 9.3 or 9.34 instead of just 9? (or any other number in the timer)

function()
    local _, _, _, _, _, duration, expirationTime = UnitBuff("player", "Drink")
    expirationTime = expirationTime or 0
    return math.ceil((expirationTime - GetTime()) - 10)
end

How do i make this show the timer as 9.3 or 9.34 instead of just 9? (or any other number in the timer)

function()

return math.ceil((expirationTime - GetTime()) - 10)

end

function()

local returnString = (expirationTime - GetTime()) - 10

returnString = string.format("%.01f", returnString)

return returnString

end

• Like 1

Hello not sure if this tread is still alive but i wanted to track the purple adds target on xhul harac in HFC  and the aura wold only show if it is targeting you is that even at all pos ?

Hello not sure if this tread is still alive but i wanted to track the purple adds target on xhul harac in HFC and the aura wold only show if it is targeting you is that even at all pos ?

I answered your pm as well. But it's not possible. The adds don't even target anyone. They just go to the closest player next to them.

Hello again smile.png
Start trying Archi myth. Have 2 question.

1. Found good WA for Mark of the Legion(MotL) on P3 on youtube(display where he must go and time before MotL faded) but can't find a string to import it. Maybe someone already found it and can share or can help find it? I search on LIMIT's stream and twitter - nothing found.

2. About Seething Corruption. Can weakaura prompt what pattern(AFAIK - there is 4 patterns) now and "say" how we must move? For example if its "left-right-left"-pattern - display on my display text "left-right-left". Or I need to remember all 4 patterns and watch and identify what pattern used now?

Edited by Serafim1991

There are multiple Legion WA's out there, so i just took a recent one from Reddit as it has an explanation with it: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/3ua9ef/mythic_archimonde_p3_mark_of_the_legion_weakaura/

As for Seething Corruption i have not yet seen a WA or addon being able to tell you which pattern is active, but you can try and memorize them as there is only 4.

ARCHIPATTERNS.png

• Like 1

Hey, would like to ask for some help a second time.

My question is specific to Xhul'horac, however I would really like to know if it were possible to make a weakaura that "counts" the number casts of a boss ability/event. My guild has a stun/grip rotation for the Imp adds that spawn, but it would be nice to have an aura to display whose turn it is out of the three groups we are using.

Ideally it would be like this

Imp Spawn #       Group #

1                          1

2                          2

3                          3

4                          1

5                          2

6                          3

7                          1

etc etc

A weakaura to handle this and display the group # when each event occurs would be great to know in general for the future.

Thanks for your time,

Bic

Hey, would like to ask for some help a second time.

My question is specific to Xhul'horac, however I would really like to know if it were possible to make a weakaura that "counts" the number casts of a boss ability/event. My guild has a stun/grip rotation for the Imp adds that spawn, but it would be nice to have an aura to display whose turn it is out of the three groups we are using.

Ideally it would be like this

Imp Spawn #       Group #

1                          1

2                          2

3                          3

4                          1

5                          2

6                          3

7                          1

etc etc

A weakaura to handle this and display the group # when each event occurs would be great to know in general for the future.

Thanks for your time,

Bic

I will work on this this week.  I need a Xhul'horac log to see how to check when imps spawn

I will work on this this week.  I need a Xhul'horac log to see how to check when imps spawn

Thanks!

Edit* Posted another issue, but have since managed to resolve it.

Edited by BicV

Based on the log.... Theres no actual event that happens when they spawn.  Not really sure what I can do to count the imps then.  Mannoroth actually had a summon event, but here. I'm failing to see one.

Hey man!

First of all, you're doing an amazing work here and thank you for that.

I'm posting cause we just down Mannorth mythic and on Archimonde nether phase when Mark Of the Legion pop I would like to know how much absorb I got on me so that I know what CD I have to use.

I already done one but I'm not that good at LUA :/

dCK6kaGiLs1Lqc1OuvHtPuk3sQWUKk1WuQogGLbQEMsX0aLRjvzBQQ6BsfnobsNtQK5PucDpvv0brIwOOYdrkMisPUOuWgLs9rLsYifvvNukYkLIAMib3uuL2jIFkv1qfvLJIeYsrk5POMQkDvbIVQuIgRsj4SIQiRvuf1CvvP9s9xKQbdPdtyXkPhdXKb5Ys2Ss8zvLrlOonrRwPK61iPzd0TfWUf53qnCrz5kEUqtN01vLTlq9Drvy8cY5LswVuO9RInGVMdygYmKVMFXAO3YKDZrvGqnYYgltaGB(fRHEit2nhQ)YsSu3Udy9(ddoC4bfo8nabDpOaEPdyBmdjJzGIw3kKAMu5H5w9xwIL62D8FtNW2S)VRUGh0Gc8)pmV0bS)MJzIHkTWQqL4Kj7MJIa1TcPVPCoZdwfADRqQzsFsdMLi4eDemiE81eatambUjaMSXeatGzcGvZRIHgmiE81ea3(pSU6AdaCy7BGbFVlyb1lD0RNjWDBy))dVxVD47WH1dgW))EPJEWmzJB3zNDU3fqN77W27AhEN7EPJEWmbMjawnpyvOsCYKDZl4KAMseejuLub4bnFtfLqvcPL5yMyO2FzjwAEYKDZidoJElt27ggG5f8uFd(LGUvi9nL5BfsFtf)LZkqqkruzWcvIt9dUgqrR4VnGakZIfD(Lmp1NeNUTYkZseCYCufiuJoN5vWkbLxmuzohfAGqBZYKuPJGdKbwAbzcGzTcPVPm3guOM1kK2gNuZThzJhuk6jGgHkoO3R5yMyOERq6BkZnL0Awei1V0iIQm9Ltm)gKM6GgruLPVCIPdotmunhZedvVAgbhiBQy0RMvzGAAJtQ52JSXdkf9eqJqfh071SamlSWeaZR4bQMMsXsnbaWmKmMbkA1ecozUPKwZIaP(TjeCk(lNvGG0ZpgSf98HZJA2s8aXHLfiK5OkqOgZhwMuZ56FV9ZR5vbc1Vb)sq9xwILAcCZ4NcktLZzoMjgQ9xwILUfmz3Skdudnyq84RjaMaycCtamzJjaMaZeaRMHKXT(LquzWLZzgelG81SkaRK6R5apqv6RvRMFXIELqWVKwJeY5mdjxwKipqTLVMd8avPVwTAEWGLVMd8avPVwTAErGOsCYxZbEGQ0xRwnxje8lP1iHmd0zxDzEeiLVMd8avPVwTA1mYlQ4a3kKAE5Lqujo9JTDA(GEqpOhuqmIa8GkwJ4z9G(ZdAqssDRk9IvbiLRr8Sg)X2ZafTQz7B708b9GEqpONMpOh0d6bvUCqfRr8SEq)5ppO7hunCLonFqpOh0d6b9GEqpOI1iEwpO)8GU9TFA(GEqpOh0kbDA(GEqpOh0tZh0d6b9GoL(M0peRr8SUTtZvcY8lPJ87RgFnJ8IkoGzRMJzIHknyq84RjaMaycCtamzJjaMaZeaRMHQOqFJqRCceQFd(LG8Q5yMyOslSkujoLxmuzMYGC7Bo9cCh53xnrtGBgQIc9ncTAJN6BWVeKxndjJzGIw3kKsHArntXiMxWt9n4xcIgmiE81eatambUjaMSXeatGzcGvZR4bQgAWG4XxtambWe4MayYgtambMj7D3ZQzvgOgNZSijdiujo5R5Okg1xZztfl1CeucvkoZQvZ6i)(QXxZARSYmYlQ4aMrErfhGU2kRmxbxj1mYlQ4a0dlHkZQmqbzg5fvCaZlVeIkXPFSTtZh0d6b9GoL(M0bvNxDAUsqMRGRKgnhestx6uMJ7tRC0PmV9dc5sNM8tjzRAG2wnRvi15mJGbXJVMaZK9U7SNvZqYiYuArFWQqL4Kj7MLqM5WYce6Gs5GewAERFrvU0YmfAO91C4s(fwn5FpZdwfA5CMxfiu)g8lbDRq6BkZ3kK(Mk(lNvGGuIOYGfQeN6hCnGIwXFBabuMfl68lzoMjgQ5aReuEXqLzkPnTnVkqOcn4mAWG4XxtambWe4MayYgtambMj7D3ZQ5fCszzJLjB6zgsgZafTyvGqnAMIrmRYa10gu8fntWPY8QyAk1EWj15mRviLLnwMaa3Ca5m4XRMxXdunna9vMj4uzwRqABqXx0mbNkZR4bQgw2yzcWFZR4bQMCceQqdoZCoqzJnkgOd6fJbvzMzjcorpkHkZuOH2xZR4bQgVAoQceQX24KAU9iB8Gsrpb0iuXb9EnhZed18xYVWQjB2nhvbc1in4KkKPavsn3pixUjA3G5OkqOgPbdIhFnbWeatGBcGjBmbWeyMay1mKmMbkADRqkTKFHvZuCM5yMyOULsinSja7MfqqsvItcq66i)(Qj6Rja(Awh53xn(AwBLvMJQqFrZVyrpCja1WE18lvbxj1S4PyZz1GujnCja1WM7TBUcUsQ58xcqnS54BTcUsA(MArgYmNVgOafm)ss1SkMVsn)If9xsQoN5xSONvdsL0WLaud7CMZQbPsA4saQHPJZQrO4X8w0C8TwbxjLFllYqMPtdL8LoFPKwxRMFjDKFF14R5xsQMvX8vQvRwnhvbc1yBqXx0mbNkZ5HesdBY)EMxfiu)g8lbrdgep(AcGj7Ma3KDt2yYUjWmzV7EwnRYa1WYgltaGBoMjgQ0UIc9nLxnJhzLuHkXjZ5VpTAkp3NCPKcMrgCg9qMS3nmaZR4bQM(llXsnPNvZrZW7gO79Ub60CWMaadoGvBa

So the thing is It's working (at least for me) but when I got no absorb on me I still go the icon witch is pretty annoying :s

I already tried that:

function()
   local absorb = UnitGetTotalAbsorbs("player")
   if absorb == 0 then
      return "hide"

But it's not working.

Would be awesome if u could help me out!

Anyway thank you again for the work on the forum.

Hello
Need help. My weakauras just broken. Display some auras and custom functions but in config menu  - there is nothing. I tried almost everything: "/reloadui", "/console reloadui", reinstall. Don't try only delete all weakauras WTF. Someone know what to do?

WoWScrnShot_120315_230008.jpg?psid=1

As you can see  - in weakauras window I haven't any auras, but in middle of the screen  and slightly left I have 2 icons(HTT - standard, Holy Shock - test aura). 

Can I restore normal work of weakauras without deleting all my auras?

you might have corrupted your aura file... You have to figure out what was the last aura you loaded and manually delete it, which is kind of annoying.

the happens when you load or try to add an aura in combat.

• Like 1

Oh thanks.

Delete almost random(one of 3 auras, which I import last time) and restore all other.

Also have a question: circular progress bar - is it possible in weakaura now? Found few themes about it, but all of them  - about a year ago.

Edited by Serafim1991

Oh thanks.

Delete almost random(one of 3 auras, which I import last time) and restore all other.

Also have a question: circular progress bar - is it possible in weakaura now? Found few themes about it, but all of them  - about a year ago.

Wait, i saw your old post that you edited, did you fix it now?

Also i've never done a circular progress bar, not sure if thats possible but something to post on the Dev site (on curse)

Yes I fix it.

First time I opened the file and was shocked and confused. But little bit later I figured out the structure of the file and found what I need to remove.

Make a back up of the .lua file RIGHT NOW. In case it happens again.

Hi.

I've been working hard, but I cannot for the life of me make this work!

I'd like a WA that shows the distance to all Deathknights in my raid - either based on class og player names.

Ideally I'd like it to show when im more than 20 yards away from them, also when not targeting them or having them focus target.

Seperate WAs for each deathknight will do fine.

Cheers! :)