FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

Orthios. Are you bringing x-realm people? If so your radar might be out-dated. Add

destName = select(6, GetPlayerInfoByGUID(destGUID))

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/KExg50a3

Nope, everyone is on US Sargeras. I'm probably the rare trial that gets brought for mythic archimonde progress. I doubt we'd bring someone on a different realm in.

So nobody got an idea for my T18 Shaman WA? :p (page 17)

Unfortunately, even though I finally got internet the week has been a bit busy for me. Still trying to finish the last bit of our move and my whole computer setup is less than optimal for another month because of family visitation for Christmas.

So to say the least when I get situated I'll try to go through each one.

• Like 1

Hello

Have anyone WA  for Resolve like addon infResolve?(http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23149-infResolve.html)

Always need turn off the addon when play in heal spec, and turn on  - when tank. Addon is good but it's a little bit inconvenient if you play in 2 different spec

http://pastebin.com/C24vi9YU

That's what I use, although you may have to adjust the load settings to your class.  You should be able to clear the class and spec requirements and it will work fine, only showing up if you have a resolve "buff" so to speak.  Note, this was made by sunnier, not me.

it is not possible.

Which aura are you saying isn't possible?  If it's the Resolve one, then you're wrong as it clearly is, as shown by the WA in this post.  If not, you may want to clarify which one you are talking about.
  • Like 1

it is not possible.

in general, anything an addon can do, Weak auras can as well.  Most of the time its more efficient in its own seperate addon though. Weak auras just makes custom coding as a shortcut.

Thanks

And one more question: how to delay the disappearance of the text on the screen?

For example, WA for Gorefiend's Grasp http://pastebin.com/uSRzMTWMsay who gripped in chat and top of the screen. Text on the screen disappear after 3-4 second. Need delay that this text will shown about 15 second(actually need it for another WA, Gorefiend's grasp only for example)

Thanks

And one more question: how to delay the disappearance of the text on the screen?

For example, WA for Gorefiend's Grasp http://pastebin.com/uSRzMTWMsay who gripped in chat and top of the screen. Text on the screen disappear after 3-4 second. Need delay that this text will shown about 15 second(actually need it for another WA, Gorefiend's grasp only for example)

pOoO8Ea.png

• Like 1

How to coloring name in this

Have this 

aura_env.setClassColor = function(name) -- local function to determine the player class and color it
    local class = select(2, UnitClass(name))

local colorText = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class] and RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class].colorStr or "ffbbbbbb"
    name = "|c"..colorText..name.."|r"

return name

end

but don't understand, why it doesn't work. Maybe it doesn't work because variable "name" presents in Trigger and in Actions?

How to coloring name in this

Have this

aura_env.setClassColor = function(name) -- local function to determine the player class and color it
    local class = select(2, UnitClass(name))

local colorText = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class] and RAID_CLASS_COLORS[class].colorStr or "ffbbbbbb"
    name = "|c"..colorText..name.."|r"

return name

end

but don't understand, why it doesn't work. Maybe it doesn't work because variable "name" presents in Trigger and in Actions?
No, "name" should be local to the function.

Currently on mobile, but viewing the code in the pastebin you linked, are you even using the function? The code you linked is a custom function that is not part of the API. (pretty sure I wrote it)

Also you should use REALLY use local variable (by putting local in front of the variable.)

If you want to use global variables you should use aura_env so you don't mess with other addons or auras.

• Like 1

Here, I fixed your code for you: http://pastebin.com/2PPbQGiQ

I added the code snippet that you quoted that you couldn't get to work to Actions -> Init.

The parts I highlight in red are the changes I made to your code.

Custom Trigger:

function(event, timestamp, event, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags, spellID, spellName, spellSchool)

if event == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" and spellID == 187612 then
        aura_env.name = aura_env.setClassColor(sourceName)
        return true
    end
end

Custom Name:

function()
    return aura_env.name

end

Your previous 'name' variable was global so literally any aura/addon that is miscoded using a global 'name' would interfere with each other.

aura_env is a workaround to 'global variables' because it is local to the aura itself.  Usually if an aura is local you would write the keyword 'local' in front, otherwise its global.

Was able to fix it, here's the Gathering Vortex+Lightning Shield, Elemental Shaman WeakAura.

diKLgaGis6suu0OqrNIeEfIKMffzxuu1WqbhtkTmeXZqu00uvQSnkknoHkRtvPQ5Hir3tLs7Je5GcLwicUiIQ(ifvgPQsPtku0krAMQu5MQkf7uvXpvvYqruYsruQNQyQs0vrH2kIkFLIcNfrcZfrk7f6VsyWIoSkwSkv9yjnzkCzQ2mk9zHmAvYPr1RfkmBP62QQ2Ts)wWWLILtPNRktN46KA7Qu8DHQgpjQZJqRhrH5Jiv7hm2IL48JJbogyjov9tc)LUYcoafO4OxXYJIClwItv)KWpoS6Tk8WYubqHesiH06I2UqkwTduFnakqbkqrbhXYJIClwIJqSXXPQFs4hNQ(jHFCy1Bv4HLPcGcjKqczpupDilmvyQWunOxPfYBHKXLle0SSmvB6hIUv1eKQ3XJUKLVrqoxCVBOQaOqcjKq2d1thYctfMkmvd6vibYBHKXLle0SSmvB6hIUv1KQ5oYLB5BeKKlyfxzvfafsiHesGcjKqcjNfsgxUqqZYYuTPFi6wvtQX(Q(AC2QRQaYZAa5geizC5cbnllt1M(HOBvnPEhp6sw(gbj5cwXvwvbqHesiHuU8fsRlA7cjZAqVsRsTXbzWcjZAqVcjaPF7Y7qEwdiRb9kTKAnOxHeLiHmvOaOqcjKq6RbqHesiHKZcjJlxiOzzzQ20peDRQj1yFvFnoB1vva5znGKXLle0SSmvB6hIUv1K6D8Olz5BeKKlyfxzvfafsiHes5YxiTUOTlKmRb9kTk1gNcGcjKqcPVgafsiHesolKmUCHGMLLPAt)q0TQMuVJhDjlFJGKCbR4kRQaOqcjKqkx(cP1fTDzwd6vAvQ1SkakKqcjKE)5qADrBxM1GELwLAnlKblKmRb9kKaK(TlVd5znGSg0R0sQ1GEfsuIeYuHcGcjKqcPVga1xdGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuGcuCQ6Ne(leInoop5i6honUT6RC5NUCHtldmGJE9B8vW5OLao(n(kpCiR7ILuqEYUGS(YmipzRed4OFEHE5csaN6LxJbo6gJJ44OFErJBR(kx(PlxibCACB1x5YpD5Qi042JeS4qkVfNQ(jH)IlUHJJW)DduW5Y5rxc(jogWPhogyjo6NxS(nUfVhh509vWsC(1DHJLOGcoVgVIL484Bu3XpTOGJ9uDSeNFDx4yjkOGJbNLLx1DHiwIZVUlCSefuWr)8cYiSoEpo6Nxu7N3djGJ(5fVgVIeWP2pVhwIZJVrDhN5BJ9BI9dk4OFErn8F)rqc4ydDhlX5x3fowIck484KHJL48R7chlXHT7kZVV7ibCydwH4)zrc4i(IeWrI3xHil)ghjGJeVVcrKaonhRqejGckOGJb)10peh5uJXdhZSIJ1J4HTKyJJdVgwC4lxkQH)MUlUb(PfhL)IL95c(PnogW5ufEyFyjoS8L)UWsCmcfr9q8494e1dXxWAp)ooMHFIrSA7599M7lij)Gck4Cmm4cpSNEHy5rrU9HLOGd3ahZ9fKKFWjEUHCHFIJbCw9FPLhf52h(PfhIFXY(Cb)0ghd4yWFn9dXywdloXCf3YEQoPfZAyFK2049EXNJOTEbJR17(k8nAKG9hfCE4qI5BnpdMV1S4Cd(P97iPffeb

(btw thanks to Eckter (french player) for his help!)

Edited by Satron

Sorry if this request has already been answered; I've been searching various sites for a weakaura I seen in an Archimonde kill video for Shackled Torment. Serafim1991 actually posted a screenshot of it earlier in this thread as well (page 13). Essentially, the weakaura displays the 3 targets of Shackled Torment, followed by some numbers (which I assume to be range from the soul or other players, I'm unsure), and then lists the number of people who need to move out and displays their name if there is under (I think) 5 players. When all targets are out of range and it's safe to break, it displays the text: GJ TEAM!

Any help in finding this or a means to recreate it would be much appreciated. The search for it has been exhausting! Here is a link to the video if it helps at all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPQknsH9sdQ&feature=youtu.be&t=177

Message: [string "return function()..."]:13: attempt to compare number with nil

Time: 01/05/16 13:34:02

Count: 9689

Stack: [C]: ?

[string "return function()..."]:13: in function `triggerFunc'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\GenericTrigger.lua:302: in function `ScanEvents'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\GenericTrigger.lua:618: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\GenericTrigger.lua:616>

Locals:

I'm having this error and i can't figure out why/where...

Sorry if this request has already been answered; I've been searching various sites for a weakaura I seen in an Archimonde kill video for Shackled Torment. Serafim1991 actually posted a screenshot of it earlier in this thread as well (page 13). Essentially, the weakaura displays the 3 targets of Shackled Torment, followed by some numbers (which I assume to be range from the soul or other players, I'm unsure), and then lists the number of people who need to move out and displays their name if there is under (I think) 5 players. When all targets are out of range and it's safe to break, it displays the text: GJ TEAM!

Any help in finding this or a means to recreate it would be much appreciated. The search for it has been exhausting! Here is a link to the video if it helps at all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPQknsH9sdQ&feature=youtu.be&t=177

I can probably replicate this, but TBH ERT does it so well I don't really see a reason to re-invent the wheel. Send me a PM and I can work on it if you really want it.

Message: [string "return function()..."]:13: attempt to compare number with nil

Time: 01/05/16 13:34:02

Count: 9689

Stack: [C]: ?

[string "return function()..."]:13: in function `triggerFunc'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\GenericTrigger.lua:302: in function `ScanEvents'

Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\GenericTrigger.lua:618: in function <Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\GenericTrigger.lua:616>

Locals:

I'm having this error and i can't figure out why/where...

With out seeing the actual code, at line 13 there is some comparison code (usually an if statement or something) that is trying to compare nil with a number. To fix it, you either need to ignore nil or make the nil a 0. But with out seeing the code, I don't know what its trying to do.

The problem is that i don't know which WA is the problem, i got none called "Generic Function"... I'll have a look at all the recent one...

So there's only 2 custom trigger i've, for the legendary ring (and it's 5lines long) and the one i linked before (line 13 = "end")...

Also Auctionnator is giving me LUA error.

Edited by Satron

At the risk of sounding stupid (too late) I have been having trouble as a Frost DK my dps in WoD has suffered from the fact that I frequently find myself starting my attacks outside a bosses hit box is there a weak aura that would help me visually rather than just using a distance meter.

At the risk of sounding stupid (too late) I have been having trouble as a Frost DK my dps in WoD has suffered from the fact that I frequently find myself starting my attacks outside a bosses hit box is there a weak aura that would help me visually rather than just using a distance meter.

make an aura for any melee spell, and trigger -> Action Usable, Inverse. It will show up when you're not able to use that melee range spell. (which for the most part will also be all your other spells