Arcana Trade Skill Guide for New World
On this page, you will find our in-depth guide for the Arcana Trade Skill in New World, where we cover everything, the best ways to level and how to craft 600 gear score items.
Overview of Arcana in New World
Arcana is one of the seven crafting Trade Skills in New World. Arcana is primarily focused on creating magical weapons, potions, and weapon coatings. Arcana is performed at a Arcane Repository in any settlement. Arcane Repositories have a tier level that varies from town to town, and a higher tier level Arcane Repository will enable you to craft higher tier items such as, , and .
Leveling Arcana in New World
Arcana is a fairly flexible crafting skill to level; there is a massive spread of different reagents that can be utilized to craft potions and coatings. There are multiple ways to progress through Arcana with ease, and maybe even make some gold in the process.
The "best" choice will differ from server to server and person to person, so instead here are several fantastic methods that will level your Arcana to max quickly and easily. Generally, a variation of these methods keeps it feeling fresh and different without becoming too much of a grind.
- Alkahest — new in Patch 1.1; if you are an avid, harvester and collect all the herbs you see while traveling, you will have plenty of Hyssop to use. Alkahest is an integral part of leveling your Arcana, as it is now used in almost all potions.
- Potions — this is the main Arcana leveling source, you can craft any potions that you have the reagents for and if you have certain reagents that you enjoy farming, you can focus on crafting that type of potion. Generally, health or regen potions are the best because they sell more reliably.
- Elemental Infusion — this converts all those elemental motes up into Wisps, Essences, and Quintessence.
- Weapon Coatings — these use oil; if you have any spare, these are fantastic. It can also be quite handy to just carry around a few of these personally for some bonus damage while in the world.
- Magical Weapons — these are quite expensive to make and are not really worth the experience they give, but if you are solely focused on leveling Arcana up and have extra materials laying around, these can be okay.
Increasing the Gear Score of your Crafts
There are 6 ways to boost the gear score of your crafts. These bonuses can either increase the minimum and/or maximum gear score of your crafts. Below is a list of what you can do to improve the gear score of your crafts.
|Crafting Bonuses||Minimum Gear Score Increase||Maximum Gear Score Increase|
|Town Project Board||+5||0|
Gear Perks for Arcana
Arcana has a unique set of gear that can be equipped to increase the gear score of your crafts by +2 per item; these are the Arcanist Gloves, Specs, Pants, Shirt, and Shoes. You can also acquire an earring with a crafting-related perk that grants +5 gear score increase while crafting (these are not specific and can come on any earring). You can generally find these as drops or on the Trading Post, however some pieces can be much rarer than others and therefore more costly.
Trophies for Arcana
Trophies can be placed in each of your 3 houses that grant a +3/4/5 (Minor/Basic/Major) minimum gear score increase for all of your crafts related to that trade skill.
Crafting Food for Arcana
will increase the minimum and maximum gear score of your Arcana crafts by +15. It lasts 40 minutes, so try to have all of your materials prepared beforehand.
Town Project Bonuses
Each settlement will have different town projects working at any given time. You can check what bonus perks are active by going to the to territory planning board in any settlement. As a note, you must own a house in the settlement to receive the town project bonus.
High Quality Materials and Crafting Skill
Most crafts will enable you to use materials that are higher than what is necessary to craft them, to increase their gear score. When you are fishing for those amazing 600 gear score items to either use or sell, you will always want to use the highest materials possible.
Your crafting skill also increases the gear score of items you can craft by up to +25 at maximum crafting level. For Arcana, increasing your crafting skill also increases the chance to craft bonus items.
- 27 Nov. 2021: Guide added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New World Update 1.5.6
- TwitchCon Amsterdam New World PvP Arena Open & Twitch Drop
- New World July Team Update Video
- New World Steam Free Weekend (April 7-11)
- Big New World Update: Heart of Madness Reveal and PTR Notes
- New World January Update: Mutators and a Lot More
- New World Patch 1.2.2 Notes