War Hammer PvE Builds for New World
Welcome to our PvE builds page for War Hammer. Here, we provide builds for use in PvE encounters.
War Hammer PvE Builds
In PvE the War Hammer is known for its unmatched crowd-control and strong rends. In PvE it is most commonly seen with a GreatAxe while using light armor. It has CC, AoE, and single target damage with both weapons. It can also be used in a tanking setup for group utility.
Melee Bruiser (Light, Medium, Heavy)
This is a niche build for those looking to use the Great Axe as their primary damage weapon. It prioritizes execute windows and still has fantastic AoE potential! This is commonly overshadowed by the builds listed above when trying to get maximum single-target damage.
- Charge or Whirlwind
- Maelstrom or Reap
- Gravity Well
A tanking secondary is up to the Tank's preference of weapon. While a War Hammer can be a great option, it is best to refer to the Sword and Shield guide to understand how to be a Tank.
To learn how to use the War Hammer as a secondary, please refer to the War Hammer guide.
- 27 Jan. 2023: Guide added.
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New World Update 1.5.6
- TwitchCon Amsterdam New World PvP Arena Open & Twitch Drop
- New World July Team Update Video
- New World Steam Free Weekend (April 7-11)
- Big New World Update: Heart of Madness Reveal and PTR Notes
- New World January Update: Mutators and a Lot More