TBC Classic Arcane Mage Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Arcane Mage in TBC Classic for PvE content.
In The Burning Crusade, consumable and enchant requirements for Arcane Mages have been greatly eased, so every Mage will be expected to bring them. Below you will find a list of required consumables and enchants for playing an Arcane Mage in PvE.
Best Enchants for PvE Arcane Mage
|Head||Glyph of Power from The Sha'tar in Shattrath.|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of Discipline or Greater Inscription of the Orb depending on your choice of Aldor or Scryers.|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Subtlety|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats|
|Wrists||Enchant Bracer - Spellpower or Enchant Bracer - Major Intellect|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Major Spellpower or Enchant Gloves - Spell Strike if you lack Spell Hit rating.|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed|
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Sunfire, or if unavailable, Enchant Weapon - Major Spellpower|
Best Gems for Arcane Mages
Gems From Jewelcrafters
As an Arcane Mage, most of your gems will come from Jewelcrafters. Chaotic Skyfire Diamond is, by far, the best Meta gem for any caster class, but needs two Blue gems such as Sparkling Empyrean Sapphire or Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst (with Glowing Nightseye being the budget version of it) to be activated.
Your main gem will be Brilliant Lionseye ( Brilliant Dawnstone budget version), unless our BiS guides says otherwise or you are in need of Hit. In that case, Veiled Pyrestone ( Veiled Noble Topaz budget version) is the best gem to get.
If you get Innervates and/or Improved Divine Spirit in your raid, the Sparkling Empyrean Sapphire ( Sparkling Star of Elune budget version) is better than without these buffs and can even beat the Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst ( Glowing Nightseye budget version).
The best red gem is without any doubt Runed Crimson Spinel ( Runed Living Ruby budget version).
Gems From Heroic Dungeons
Epic gems can drop from bosses in Heroic dungeons and are usually better than their budget counterparts from Jewelcrafting. However, they are unique, so you can only have one of each gem at a time.
If you have no access to epic gems from Tier 6, for Yellow and Red gem slots Infused Fire Opal from Heroic Steamvault is the preferred Red gem. If you lack Spell Hit rating, Shining Fire Opal from Heroic Mechanar is the best gem.
Blackened Basilisk, Poached Bluefish and Crunchy Serpent all serve the same purpose. The 23 Spell Power is superior to any other buff food available and stack with the festival buff foods, such as Midsummer Sausage. Their Spirit can also be converted to Spell Damage by Priests' Improved Divine Spirit for 2 more Spell Damage, as 10% of your Spirit will turn into Spell Damage.
Adept's Elixir and Elixir of Draenic Wisdom is the most powerful consumable combination available. They are followed by Flask of Blinding Light, Flask of Supreme Power, and Flask of Distilled Wisdom. When using a flask, the real value of it depends on your playstyle, your raid, and your kill times on bosses.
Super Mana Potions and Destruction Potions need to be used as required. The Super Mana Potion is usually considered the better potion since the Arcane spec relies so much on Mana. Only use Destruction Potions if you have no Mana issues. When playing Arcane Mage, be ready to use Mana Potions on cooldown.
Brilliant Wizard Oil is going to be your best weapon oil, as Arcane benefits a lot from the Critical Strike chance and the added Spell Damage.
Kreeg's Stout Beatdown increases your Spirit by 25 and reduces your Intellect by 5 for 15 minutes. If you buy it, make sure to buy many, as you need a Dire Maul North Tribute Run buff to access the vendor. This consumable stacks with everything.
- 14 Jan. 2022: Updated the Flask section.
- 13 Jan. 2022: Page updated for Phase 3.
- 13 Aug. 2021: Added Kreeg's Stout Beatdown to consumables.
- 17 Jun. 2021: Adjusted gems recommendations to include craftable Spell Hit gems.
- 04 Jun. 2021: Added info about unique Heroic dungeon gems.
- 30 May 2021: Guide added.
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Dungeon XP and Mob Behavior Changes to Combat Boosting
- Joyous Journeys Summer XP Buff Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- New Group Finder Details for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- An Update on Wrath Classic Fresh Server Transfers
- Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank