High Warlord Naj'entus Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Naj'entus is the first boss you will encounter in Black Temple. Naj'entus is a fairly easy fight with high healing requirements. Aside from the very high raid-wide damage this boss deals, this boss will be little threat to most raid groups.
Naj'entus is the first boss you will encounter in the Black Temple. Naj'entus is an entry level boss, having some basic raid checks such as healing, coordination, and health (to survive mechanics). With proper coordination and healing, your group should have no issues with this boss. Some classes such as Mage or Priest may need to find ways to increase their health, such as high Stamina gear (PvP gear is great for this), Stamina food, or even flasks. Aim for around 10,000 health once buffed to greatly increase your chances of surviving all of the area damage this boss deals.
Role-Specific Tips for Najentus
Spread around the boss evenly and be ready to top up people targeted by the constant AoE damage from the boss. After popping the Tidal Shield, the raid will take massive damage, so be ready to top up your assigned players as quickly as possible before more AoE occurs as this will kill most classes.
Healers assigned to the tank need to be aware that during the Tidal Shield the boss will continue to attack the tank, so make sure to continue to heal them.
Make sure to be spread around the boss evenly and avoid stacking on multiple allies as this will spread the area damage dealt by the boss. If someone near you gets impaled by Impaling Spine, make sure you prioritize freeing them by clicking on the spine.
Before breaking the Tidal Shield, make sure you use any self mitigation abilities or items available to you. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have enough health to survive the burst damage. You may need to equip more health items, such as PvP gear, to survive this encounter.
This fight is fairly straightforward for tanks, basically being a tank and spank encounter. Most likely your group will want you to position the boss in the middle of the room to give more room to the rest of the raid. Aside from that, there is nothing special about this fight for tanks.
You will want to high Stamina gear for this fight as there is plenty of AoE magic damage. During the Tidal Shield, the boss will continue to attack you, so make sure to keep your defensive abilities ready at all times.
- Needle Spine — Does 2,890 to 3,910 Physical damage to three random targets in a cone shape and an additional 2,280 to 2,520 Frost damage to anyone within six yards of the targets.
- Impaling Spine — Hits a random single target for 4,513 to 4,987 Physical damage. The target is stunned and has a 30-second DoT which does 2,750 damage every 3 seconds. Players must loot the spine from the impaled target to remove the debuff. This ability has a 20 second cooldown.
- Tidal Shield — Naj'entus becomes immune to all damage and regenerates 1% health per second. The shield must be broken by a player throwing Naj'entus Spine at Naj'entus. This ability has a 60-second cooldown.
- Tidal Burst — When Tidal Shield is broken, Naj'entus will deal 8,500 Frost damage to the entire raid.
Strategy for Najentus
Pulling the Boss
Before engaging Naj'entus, be sure to clear any trash in the area as your raid group will need plenty of room to spread out. Pulling Naj'entus himself is very straightforward: simply have a Hunter Misdirection the boss to the tank, or have the tank walk up and engage the boss. Most likely you will want to position the boss in a centralized position with the rest of the raid spread out around him.
Naj'entus is a easy boss, only having one phase. Position the boss in a centralized position and have the raid spread out around the boss. Melee DPS will want to split into multiple groups to avoid taking too much raid damage. Ranged DPS and healers will also want to spread out and avoid stacking up. Your raid group may decide to stack in groups of two for a sort of "buddy system" to deal with the Impaling Spine.
The raid will take a high amount of area damage, so some classes with lower health pools may want to wear more Stamina gear to survive this encounter. Be ready to use any self-healing/damage mitigation abilities available to you before taking damage from Tidal Shield.
|Ring of Calming Waves||Accessory||Finger|
|Ring of Captured Storms||Accessory||Finger|
|Halberd of Desolation||Weapon||Polearm|
|Boots of Oceanic Fury||Feet|
|Eternium Shell Bracers||Plate||Wrist|
|Fists of Mukoa||Hands|
|Guise of the Tidal Lurker||Leather||Head|
|Helm of Soothing Currents||Head|
|Mantle of Darkness||Leather||Shoulder|
|Pearl Inlaid Boots||Plate||Feet|
|Rising Tide||Weapon||One-Hand Axe|
|Slippers of the Seacaller||Cloth||Feet|
|The Maelstrom's Fury||Weapon||Main-Hand Dagger|
Other Black Temple Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Black Temple raid, or would like to know what specializations the loot from High Warlord Naj'entus should be prioritized to, see the links below.
- 29 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?