Tempest Keep Attunement Guide
Tempest Keep has one of the most unique attunement quest lines in the game, requiring you to experience content all throughout The Burning Crusade. This page will guide you through all steps of the quest chain.
Requirements for Getting Attuned to Tempest Keep
With the most recent update to The Burning Crusade Classic you no longer need to be attuned to enter Tempest Keep but completing the questline that was formerly required will still grant you the title "Hand of A'dal". Khadgar in Shattrath City will begin this series of quests for you. The first quest in this line is The Tempest Key. In order to be eligible for the Tempest Key questline you must complete the The Cipher of Damnation line first.
Cipher of Damnation QuestLine
The Hand of Gul'Dan
- The first quest in this chain begins with The Hand of Gul'dan in Wildhammer Stronghold if you are Alliance or in Shadowmoon Village if you are Horde.
- Next you will head to Earthmender Torlok near the center of Shadowmoon Valley who will offer you the quest Enraged Spirits of Fire and Earth. This quest will ask you to place down a Totem of Spirits on the ground before you kill the elementals. Doing so will give you credit toward the completion of this quest; the following two quests, Enraged Spirits of Water and Enraged Spirits of Air, are completed the same way.
- When you have finished all three Enraged Spirits quests the quest Oronok Torn-heart will become available, sending you north to find Oronok Torn-heart.
- Next the quest I Was A Lot Of Things... will be available from Oronok and it will ask you to dig up tubers using the boar summoned by the whistle this quest will give you.
- Oronok will then task you with destroying 10 Flayer Eggs in the same area for the follow up quest A Lesson Learned
- The final step in this segment of the chain will ask you to sit and listen to Oronok's roleplay which begins automatically when you accept the The Cipher of Damnation - Truth and History
The First Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation
- After completing the roleplay from the The Cipher of Damnation - Truth and History Oronok will offer you the quest Grom'tor, Son of Oronok which will send you to Coilskar Point in search of Grom'tor, Son of Oronok
- Grom'tor will offer you the quest The Cipher of Damnation - Grom'tor's Charge which will require you to loot the First Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation from a Coilskar Chest which can be found in Coilskar Point.
- After obtaining the first fragment the next quest, The Cipher of Damnation - The First Fragment Recovered, will send you back to Oronok.
The Second Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation
- After completing Gromtor's quests and obtaining the first Fragment Oronok will offer you the quest Ar'tor, Son of Oronok which will send you to Illidari point to find his son, Ar'tor, Son of Oronok.
- Artor will offer you the quest Demonic Crystal Prisons which will require you to kill Painmistress Gabrissa and loot the Crystalline Key from her corpse.
- The follow-up quest Lohn'goron, Bow of the Torn-heart requires you to obtain Lohn'goron, Bow of the Torn-heart which drops from Demons around Illidari Point.
- The next step The Cipher of Damnation - Ar'tor's Charge will require you to kill Veneratus the Many who will drop the Second Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation you will need.
- Now that you have the Second Fragment Ar'tor will offer you the quest The Cipher of Damnation - The Second Fragment Recovered, sending you back to Oronok.
The Third Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation.
- After returning to Oronok he will offer the quest Borak, Son of Oronok which will send you to Eclipse Point to find Borak, Son of Oronok
- Borak will offer the quest Of Thistleheads and Eggs... requiring you to loot a Rotten Arakkoa Egg from an Arakkoa Egg located near Eclipse point.
- After you have acquired the Rotten Arakkoa Egg you will need to take it to Shattrath and speak to Tobias the Filth Gorger, who will offer the next quest in the chain, The Bundle of Bloodthistle, which will return you to Borak.
- Next the quest To Catch A Thistlehead from Borak will require you to place Bundle of Bloodthistle at the end of the nearby bridge. This will cause Blood Lord Zarath to spawn and interact with Envoy Icarius. After a short dialog the Blood Lord will leave allowing you to kill Envoy Icarius safely and loot the required Stormrage Missive from Icarius' corpse.
- After you have completed the To Catch A Thistlehead quest Borak will offer the quest The Shadowmoon Shuffle which will have you killing Blood Elf enemies all around Eclipse point to obtain Eclipsion Armor.
- Once you have enough Eclipsion Armor to complete the quest Borak will offer you the quest What Illidan Wants, Illidan Gets... requiring you to use your new Blood Elf Disguise to speak to Grand Commander Ruusk.
- Now in order to obtain the Third Fragment of the Cipher of Damnation Borak will offer the quest The Cipher of Damnation - Borak's Charge, which will require you to form a group to kill Ruul the Darkener who patrols near Dragonmaw Fortress.
- Once you have recovered the third and final fragment you will receive the quest The Cipher of Damnation - The Third Fragment Recovered and return to Oronok.
The Cipher of Damnation
- Oronok will now offer the final quest, The Cipher of Damnation, which requires you to kill Cyrukh the Firelord.
- After killing Cyrukh return to Earthmender Torlok and complete the quest. Completing this quest will send you a Letter from Shattrath in the mail which will allow you to begin the Trial of the Naaru questline.
Trial of the Naaru Questline
- The Tempest Key quest is very simple and will ask you to speak to A'dal who will be the one offering the rest of the quests in this chain.
- Trial of the Naaru: Mercy is the second quest in the chain. This quest will require you to head into Heroic The Shattered Halls and clear the instance before the Shattered Hand Executioner is able to kill any of the prisoners. The Executioner is located behind the final boss in the dungeon, Warchief Kargath Bladefist. If you make it in time before any prisoners are executed the Executioner will drop Unused Axe of the Executioner which is required to complete the quest.
- Trial of the Naaru: Strength is the third quest and will require you to head to Heroic The Steamvault and Heroic Shadow Labyrinth, killing the final boss in each dungeon. Warlord Kalithresh in The Steamvault will drop the Kalithresh's Trident and Murmur will drop Murmur's Essence which are the items needed to complete this quest.
- Trial of the Naaru: Tenacity is the fourth quest in the chain and will require you to go to Heroic The Arcatraz. During the final boss, Harbinger Skyriss, Millhouse Manastorm will be released from a prison cell and he must survive the encounter. Once the boss dies if Millhouse is still alive you will receive credit for completing this quest.
- Trial of the Naaru: Magtheridon is the fifth and final quest in the chain that is required to enter Tempest Keep. This quest will require you to head to Magtheridon's Lair and kill Magtheridon. Upon completion of this task you will be able to return to A'dal in Shattrath City and you will be rewarded with Phoenix-fire Band and The Tempest Key
Congratulations! You are now attuned to the Tempest Keep. If you want to know what bosses and loot await you within, consult our main guide on it below.
- 15 Dec. 2021: Updated to reflect Tempest Keep attunement now being optional.
- 02 Sep. 2021: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?