TBC Classic Raid Guides
Raids are the ultimate end-game PvE content in The Burning Crusade. Groups of either 10 or 25 players can band together to defeat the most difficult boss encounters, earning gold, reputation, and the best epic gear and weapons available in the game.
Raids in The Burning Crusade
Several raids were released over the lifespan of The Burning Crusade Classic, spanning three definite "tiers" throughout its five Phases. Although older raids may have had their gear largely superseded by raids from later phases such as Sunwell Plateau, you may still wish to visit them for specific items still used by your chosen class and specialization. Listed below are all of the raids found within The Burning Crusade in order of their release.
Phase One (Tier 4) Raids
Phase Two (Tier 5) Raids
Phase Three (Tier 6) Raids
Phase Four Raid
Phase 5 Raid
Forming a Raid
In order to complete a raid, you will need to put together a group of players that can each all the necessary roles. As a warning, Raids are a significant step up in difficulty from dungeons both in terms of coordination and the difficulty in getting a group together. A large part of this is because of the larger group size.
The first role is the tank; tanks essentially guide the group through the raid, deciding which mobs to pull and when. They will take the damage for the party by generating additional threat, which ensures enemies will attack them rather than the rest of your party. In raids tanks will generally take significantly more damage than in dungeons, and tank survivability will be an important factor in your success.
The following classes can be played as a tank:
Healers are there to do as their name suggests, heal the raid. They use their healing and shielding spells to ensure that your tank stays alive, as well as any DPS that take damage.
The following classes can be played as a healer:
- Restoration Druid PvE Guide
- Holy Paladin Healing PvE Guide
- Priest Healer PvE Guide
- Restoration Shaman Healing PvE Guide
DPS, or damage dealers, are there to ensure that enemies are killed quickly and efficiently. They also often have crowd-control abilities available, which can be used to take an enemy out of the fight for a long period of time. In raids however, only specific enemies are susceptible to control spells, and this usually excludes bosses.
The following classes can be played as a DPS:
- Balance Druid PvE Guide
- Feral Druid DPS PvE Guide
- Beast Mastery Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Marksmanship Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Survival Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Arcane Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Fire Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Frost Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Retribution Paladin DPS PvE Guide
- Shadow Priest DPS PvE Guide
- Rogue DPS PvE Guide
- Elemental Shaman DPS PvE Guide
- Enhancement Shaman DPS PvE Guide
- Affliction Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Demonology Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Destruction Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Arms Warrior DPS PvE Guide
- Fury Warrior DPS PvE Guide
Raid Sizes in TBC Classic
In TBC, raids are done in raid groups which range in size from 10 to 25 players. The smallest raid is Karazhan, which is a 10-player raid, while most raids throughout the expansion are designed for 25 players. This usually means anywhere from 2-4 tanks, 5-8 healers, and filling the remainder of the group with DPS. The recommended raid composition changes wildly between raids and between individual bosses, which is why it is always a good idea to look at a guide and plan ahead for what you will need. You can read more about the recommended raid compositions in our guide linked below.
- 06 May 2022: Added remaining raids.
- 21 Dec. 2021: Added link to Hyjal Summit (The Battle for Mount Hyjal).
- 09 Sep. 2021: Added links to Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep.
- 15 Jun. 2021: Page added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Wrath Classic Class Vs. Spec Balance, Featuring Retribution Paladins
- Wrath Classic 3.4.1 PTR: Titan Rune Dungeons, Argent Tournament
- Official Controller Support Coming to Wrath Classic in the Ulduar Patch
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: November 18th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Gold Cap Will Not Be Increased in Wrath Classic