TBC Classic Raid Guides
Raids are the ultimate end-game PvE content in The Burning Crusade. Groups of either 10 or 25 players can band together to defeat the most difficult boss encounters, earning gold, reputation, and the best epic gear and weapons available in the game.
Raids in The Burning Crusade
There will be several raids throughout the lifespan of Burning Crusade Classic, but only three are available with the release of the game. The first raids available will be Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, and Magtheridon's Lair. Karazhan is an entry-level 10-player raid that is meant to be an introduction into TBC raiding. Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair are both 25-player raids that are more like what the future raids in TBC will be like. They present a noticeable step up in difficulty from Classic level 60 raids, but are still considered to be easier than the raids to come.
Phase One (Tier 4) Raids
Phase Two (Tier 5) Raids
Phase Three (Tier 6) Raids
Phase Four Raid
Phase 5 Raid
Forming a Raid
In order to complete a raid, you will need to put together a group of players that can each all the necessary roles. As a warning, Raids are a significant step up in difficulty from dungeons both in terms of coordination and the difficulty in getting a group together. A large part of this is because of the larger group size.
The first role is the tank; tanks essentially guide the group through the raid, deciding which mobs to pull and when. They will take the damage for the party by generating additional threat, which ensures enemies will attack them rather than the rest of your party. In raids tanks will generally take significantly more damage than in dungeons, and tank survivability will be an important factor in your success.
The following classes can be played as a tank:
Healers are there to do as their name suggests, heal the raid. They use their healing and shielding spells to ensure that your tank stays alive, as well as any DPS that take damage.
The following classes can be played as a healer:
- Restoration Druid PvE Guide
- Holy Paladin Healing PvE Guide
- Priest Healer PvE Guide
- Restoration Shaman Healing PvE Guide
DPS, or damage dealers, are there to ensure that enemies are killed quickly and efficiently. They also often have crowd-control abilities available, which can be used to take an enemy out of the fight for a long period of time. In raids however, only specific enemies are susceptible to control spells, and this usually excludes bosses.
The following classes can be played as a DPS:
- Balance Druid PvE Guide
- Feral Druid DPS PvE Guide
- Beast Mastery Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Marksmanship Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Survival Hunter DPS PvE Guide
- Arcane Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Fire Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Frost Mage DPS PvE Guide
- Retribution Paladin DPS PvE Guide
- Shadow Priest DPS PvE Guide
- Rogue DPS PvE Guide
- Elemental Shaman DPS PvE Guide
- Enhancement Shaman DPS PvE Guide
- Affliction Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Demonology Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Destruction Warlock DPS PvE Guide
- Arms Warrior DPS PvE Guide
- Fury Warrior DPS PvE Guide
Raid Sizes in TBC Classic
In TBC, raids are done in raid groups which range in size from 10 to 25 players. The smallest raid is Karazhan, which is a 10-player raid, while most raids throughout the expansion are designed for 25 players. This usually means anywhere from 2-4 tanks, 5-8 healers, and filling the remainder of the group with DPS. The recommended raid composition changes wildly between raids and between individual bosses, which is why it is always a good idea to look at a guide and plan ahead for what you will need. You can read more about the recommended raid compositions in our guide linked below.
- 06 May 2022: Added remaining raids.
- 21 Dec. 2021: Added link to Hyjal Summit (The Battle for Mount Hyjal).
- 09 Sep. 2021: Added links to Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep.
- 15 Jun. 2021: Page added.
- What's Ahead for Wrath Classic (Developer Update)
- Faction and Transfer Restrictions Lifted in Burning Crusade Classic
- Dungeon XP and Mob Behavior Changes to Combat Boosting
- Joyous Journeys Summer XP Buff Coming to Burning Crusade Classic
- New Group Finder Details for Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- An Update on Wrath Classic Fresh Server Transfers
- Fresh Start Servers Coming with Wrath of the Lich King Classic Pre-Patch
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank