Mother Shahraz Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Mother Shahraz is the seventh boss you will encounter in Black Temple. Mother Shahraz is a resistance fight where the entire raid aside from the tanks will want to wear Shadow Resistance gear. This fight has very high overall damage, with tanks constantly taking big hits and the entire raid taking consistent Shadow damage. Check out our guide below to be as ready possible before you confront this boss.
Mother Shahraz is the seventh boss you will encounter in the Black Temple. Shahraz is a resistance-based boss, where non-tanks will want to wear high shadow resistance gear to help reduce the high amount of Shadow damage the raid will take.
To assist with this goal, we have created a separate guide dedicated to maximizing your Shadow Resistance within TBC Classic.
Role-Specific Tips for Mother Shahraz
This fight has very high raidwide damage. Healers should be assigned to different positions around the room, quickly healing up the raid groups as they take damage. Tanks will also be taking very high damage during the entire encounter, and they are your priority to keep healed.
Aim to wear gear that maintains your meta gem, as well as any set bonuses. Most likely this will not be possible early on, or on some classes. Prioritize wearing Shadow Resistance gear to survive the encounter. Avoid going in front of the boss at all times.
Three tanks are needed to stack together in front of the boss to split the cleave damage from Saber Lash. Prioritize high avoidance and health gear as there is very heavy tank damage on this fight.
Mother Shahraz Abilities
- Saber Lash — Frontal cleave attack that occurs about every 7 seconds. Its damage is divided between up to three targets and provides immunity to knockup effects and Fatal Attraction.
- Fatal Attraction — Random timer; teleports three random raid members to a random location and links them together with a beam, dealing 3,000 Shadow damage per second to all nearby players. These players need to run away from each other to break the link and stop the damage.
- Silencing Shriek — This is an 18-yard AoE silence centered from the boss, which lasts 10 seconds.
- Prismatic Shield — Every 15 seconds a random aura is chosen,
which reduces damage taken by one school of magic by 25% and increases the
damage taken of another by 25%. These auras are:
- Prismatic Aura: Arcane
- Prismatic Aura: Fire
- Prismatic Aura: Frost
- Prismatic Aura: Holy
- Prismatic Aura: Nature
- Prismatic Aura: Shadow
- Enrage — At 10% health, Mother Shahraz will temporarily Enrage, increasing damage and attack speed for a short time.
- Beams — Every 9 seconds a random Beam hits 10 random raid
members. Each beam type is repeated three times before a new Beam is chosen:
- Sinful Beam — Deals 6938-8062 Shadow damage.
- Sinister Beam — Deals 2,000 Shadow damage and knocks up players hit, dealing 50% of their maximum health as fall damage.
- Vile Beam — Places a debuff, dealing 2,500 Shadow damage every two seconds over 8 seconds.
- Wicked Beam — Deals 4,000 Shadow damage and burns 1,000 Mana.
Strategy for Mother Shahraz
Pulling the Boss
Most likely, pulling this boss will consist of tanks being at their tanking position and having a Hunter use Misdirection to move the boss to the tanks. DPS players need to be aware of this and avoid damaging the boss until she is in position and tanks have established threat.
This fight is fairly straightforward, and mostly serves as a resistance gear check for the raid. The raid will most likely be split into different groups, stacking underneath pillars to avoid taking fall damage from the Sinister Beam. Casters will want to avoid being near the boss as she constantly silences nearby enemies with Silencing Shriek.
There is plenty of raidwide damage going out, as well as massive tank damage, so the raid should prioritize surviving and using any personal defensive cooldowns whenever needed. Players targeted by the Fatal Attraction need to quickly spread out, avoid running through other raid members, and especially avoid going near the tanks.
Mother Shahraz Loot
|Pauldrons of the Forgotten Vanquisher||Tier Token||Shoulder|
|Pauldrons of the Forgotten Conqueror||Tier Token||Shoulder|
|Pauldrons of the Forgotten Protector||Tier Token||Shoulder|
|Tome of the Lightbringer||Relic||Libram|
|Blade of Savagery||Weapon||One-Hand Sword|
|Leggings of Devastation||Cloth||Legs|
|Nadina's Pendant of Purity||Accessory||Neck|
Other Black Temple Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Black Temple raid, or would like to know what specializations the loot from Mother Shahraz should be prioritized to, see the links below.
- 29 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Burning Crusade Classic Post-Season 3 PvP Gear Acquisition Changes
- Recent Season of Mastery Bugs to Be Addressed
- Season of Mastery 1.14.3 PTR Dev Notes
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank