TBC Classic Shadow Resistance Gear Guide
On this page we will go over all of the available Shadow Resistance gear, enchants, and consumables available to players throughout The Burning Crusade Classic.
Shadow Resistance Gear
Shadow resistance gear is needed by everyone for multiple different bosses. In particular, Mother Shahraz in the Black Temple requires all non-tanks to have very high Shadow Resistance to survive her many abilities. Warlock players may also need a lot of Shadow Resistance if they are designated to be the ranged tank for Illidan Stormrage in the same instance.
Most of the Epic-level Shadow protection gear in TBC is acquired from crafting. Combining these pieces of gear, some enchants, consumables, and raid buffs, you should easily be able to reach an acceptable level of Shadow Resistance.
Before having access to the crafted Shadow protection gear, look to use Uncommon or Rare Bind on Equip "of Shadow Protection" gear options in combination with consumables and enchants to help you survive the encounters where Shadow protection gear is needed.
In TBC, the resistance cap for players against bosses is 365. Anything past 365 will be wasted. Combine the options listed below with your current gear to make the best set possible while being as close to 365 as possible.
Shadow Resistance Enchants
In addition to the Shadow Resistance gear shown above, there are a handful of enchants that players can use to further increase their Shadow Resistance if needed.
- Glyph of Shadow Warding
- Inscription of Endurance
- Shadow Armor Kit
- Shadow Guard
- Enchant Cloak - Greater Shadow Resistance
- Void Sphere
Shadow Resistance Consumables
Players can also find Shadow Resistance through consumables. Some of these offer additional resistances, while some will absorb a moderate amount of Shadow damage.
- Alchemy — Flask of Chromatic Wonder
- Cooking — Broiled Bloodfin
- Alchemy — Major Shadow Protection Potion
Shadow Resistance Buffs
Lastly, one of the best ways to get some easy Shadow Resistance is to use some of the party-wide buffs available to your raid. Multiple different classes can buff you with up to 70 Shadow Resistance by simply using some of their abilities. The resistance from these buffs do not stack; only the strongest one will be applied.
- Druid — Gift of the Wild
- Paladin — Shadow Resistance Aura
- Priest — Prayer of Shadow Protection
For more information on the Mother Shahraz/Illidan Stormrage encounters or Black Temple in general, check out the links below.
- 26 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open