TBC Classic World Boss Raid Guides
World Bosses are boss-level enemies found in the open world which can be attacked by either faction and multiple different raid groups and teams at the same time. These bosses can be found in certain zones in Outland and have loot equivalent to Tier 4 and Tier 5 depending on the item.
Here we will show you how to find each boss, how to kill them, and what items they can drop.
What are World Bosses
World Bosses are boss-level enemies found in the open world which can be attacked by either faction along with multiple different raid groups and teams at the same time. These bosses can be found in certain zones in Outland and have loot equivalent to Tier 4 and Tier 5 depending on the item.
As these bosses are in the open world and not in an instance, the whole server will be competing to claim a kill and loot for themselves. This can create chaos if multiple groups or even factions go for the same boss at the same time, as it all comes down to who gets the first hit on the boss and claims the tag.
World Bosses have a dynamic respawn timer, meaning they can respawn anywhere between 2-4 days after being killed.
Scouting and Killing World Bosses
These bosses in general are fairly simple. The main concern when trying to slay one will be finding it when it spawns and getting a raid to the location before other guilds and groups can react.
A common tactic is to have a low-level alt in the vicinity of the boss' spawn location to constantly check if is has spawned yet or not. The next step up from that is to keep Warlocks at or above Level 20 at these locations instead to scout and subsequently to summon people with Ritual of Summoning if the desired World Boss is up.
Due to the nature of World Bosses being so competitive, building a perfect raid group is not always possible. That being said, the World Bosses are very simple for the most part, so not everything will need to be perfect. Take what you can as speed is much more important than forming a perfect setup is.
World Boss Locations and Guides
Doomwalker spawns in Shadowmoon Valley, just outside of the Black Temple entrance on the far-east side of the zone at coordinates (71,44). You will want to place any alts used for scouting or summoning in the southern corner of this area.
For a full detailed guide on Doomwalker, check out the link below:
Doom Lord Kazzak
Doom Lord Kazzak spawns in Hellfire Peninsula, just north of Thrallmar at the Throne of Kil'jaeden, coordinates (63,16). You will want to place any alts used for scouting or summoning on the northern side of the platform Kazzak spawns on, hidden out of his line of sight.
For a full, detailed guide on Doom Lord Kazzak, check out the link below:
World Boss Loot
Each boss page contains a list of loot that the individual boss drops, but you can see a full list of all possible drops on our dedicated page:
- 11 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank