Akil'zon Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Akil'zon is the first boss you will encounter in Zul'Aman. Akil'zon can be fought either first or second, but most raids will choose to fight him first. The fight is movement and positioning based, requiring the raid to either spread out or stack to deal with his mechanics. Check out our in-depth guide below to prepare as much as possible for your encounter with Akil'zon.
Akil'zon is the first boss you will encounter in Zul'Aman. Akil'zon can be fought either first or second, but most raids will choose to fight him first. The fight is movement and positioning based, requiring the raid to either spread out or stack to deal with his mechanics. Be sure to read up on the mechanics below to properly handle this boss.
- Static Disruption — Deaths 3,500 Nature damage to a random target and any allies within 12 yards of them. Leaves a debuff on targets hit that increase nature damage taken by 25%.
- Gust of Wind — Knocks a random target (never the tank) into the air, stunning them. Then they fall to the ground, taking half of their health in fall damage.
- Electrical Storm — Raises a random target into the air and creating an Electrial Storm centered around them. The storm deals damage to all enemies not directly underneath it. Damage starts off low and builds up the longer the storm lasts.
- Summon Amani Eagle — Periodically summons Amani Eagles that fly around the boss. They will constantly Eagle Swoop into random enemies, dealing damage to them.
Strategy for Akil'zon
Pulling the Boss
Pulling Akil'zon is very straightforward: simply have a Hunter Misdirection the boss to the tank, or have the tank walk up and engage the boss. After pulling, allow the tank to position the boss and start building a threat lead. Spread around the platform quickly at the start of the battle, making sure to stay at least 12 yards away from other players, but make sure to not go out of range of your healers.
Akil'zon is a high healing requirement fight, especially if raid members do not spread out properly. Be ready with any personal defensive cooldowns as you can quickly take a high amount of burst damage. Be ready to move towards the Electrical Storm target and get underneath them to avoid taking too much damage. You can tell when the storm is about to come by seeing and hearing the rain in the zone pick up greatly. After the storm ends, spread back out again, making sure to not be too close to other raid members.
Role-Specific Tips for Akil'zon
This fight has high, burst healing requirements. Random raid members will be targeted by the many different boss abilities. You must keep all players above 50% health to survive the many different mechanics. Aim to spread your healing around as much as possible, prioritizing players with lower health.
Make sure to spread around the boss in a circle, staying 12 yards away from other raid members. Melee players will want to spread around the boss, splitting into multiple different groups if the party is melee heavy. When the Electrical Storm comes out, be sure to stack up under the target to avoid taking damage. Make sure to be mindful of your threat when stacking close to the boss as your threat will change when in melee range of the boss. Ranged DPS may want to deal with the Amani Eagles summoned throughout the fight to prevent becoming overwhelmed.
This fight is very basic for tanks. Simply keep the boss in the middle of the platform where he starts and build as much threat as possible. Be ready with any available defensive cooldowns as it is possible to take high burst damage during this encounter, especially if your raid group is melee heavy.
|Akil'zon's Talonblade||Weapon||One-hand Sword|
|Brooch of Nature's Mercy||Accessory||Neck|
|Signet of Ancient Magics||Accessory||Finger|
|Amani Punisher||Weapon||Main-hand Mace|
|Bloodstained Elven Battlevest||Plate||Chest|
|Chestguard of Hidden Purpose||Plate||Chest|
|Formula: Enchant Weapon - Executioner||Formula||Enchanting|
First Timed Chest Loot
|Cloak of Fiends||Accessory||Back|
|Cord of Braided Troll Hair||Cloth||Waist|
|Mantle of Ill Intent||Cloth||Shoulder|
|Pauldrons of Stone Resolve||Plate||Shoulder|
|Elunite Imbued Leggings||Leather||Legs|
Other Tier 6 Guides
If you were looking for a full guide for the Zul'Aman raid, see the links below:
You may also be interested in progressing through the other raids of Tier 6, such as Hyjal Summit and Black Temple. As such, we recommend you check out our guides for those raids as well!
- 20 Mar. 2022: Guide added.
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Wrath Classic 3.4.2 PTR Schedule
- Official Support for Hardcore Classic Realms Coming Soon?
- New Sons of Hodir Tabard to Be Added to Wrath Classic