Paladin Class Overview
Upholders of the Holy Light, Paladins are a staple in the World of Warcraft for their ability to fill every role and bestow their allies with powerful buffs.
in The Burning Crusade Paladins are widely considered to be even stronger versions of themselves while still having their amazing group utility many things have been added to faciliate higher performance level in solo and group content.
Races For Paladins
In the Burning Crusade, Paladins can be Draenei, Dwarf, or Human if you are playing Alliance. Blood Elf is the only race for Paladin if you are Horde. Paladins are masters of all things holy and one of only two classes in the WoW Burning Crusade expansion that can tank, heal, and DPS.
Are Paladins good in TBC?
Yes! All three Paladin specializations are very strong in The Burning Crusade, as many class adjustments have been made to fix the Mana issues with Retribution and Protection, while Holy still remains the dominant tank healer.
Can Paladins taunt in TBC?
Yes! Paladins are given the Righteous Defense ability, which pulls aggro from a nearby friendly target, redirecting their threat to the Paladin that casts it. While it differs from traditional taunts, since you are using it on an ally instead of an enemy, it still works the same and can taunt up to 3 enemies.
Can Paladins tank TBC?
Yes! Protection Paladin has received a lot of love going into TBC, fixing a lot of the issues that existed for them in Classic, specifically the adding of Righteous Defense, which gives them a taunt, and Spiritual Attunement, which gives the Paladin Mana based off of how much they are healed for, making Mana a much more abundant resource and allowing you to use your abilities more freely to maximize threat, which was one of the big issues in Classic.
What race is best for Paladin?
It depends on your goals and faction choice. If you are Horde, Blood Elf is the only option and by default the best. As Alliance, you can choose from Draenei, Human, and Dwarf. Draenei is the best if you are focused entirely on PvE, as the added hit rating from Heroic Presence is extremely powerful compared to other available racial bonuses. If you are looking mostly for PvP, Dwarf is your best option because of how prominent Poisons are in The Burning Crusade PvP. Stoneform is a great cooldown that could help you survive some situations you may otherwise not be able to.
Paladins are able to choose from 3 specializations: Retribution, Protection, and Holy.
- Retribution — Focuses on dealing damage with close range and melee attacks bolstered by the Light.
- Protection — Focuses on survivability, protecting your allies by tanking, and mitigating incoming damage.
- Holy — Focuses on healing; Holy Paladins are extremely powerful single target healers and widely considered the best tank healer in the game.
Gearing a Paladin
Paladins are able to wear Cloth, Leather, and Mail armor right away, and are able to wear Plate after reaching level 40.
Paladins are able to use both One-Handed and Two Handed Axes, Maces, and Swords, as well as Polearms.
You can learn more about weapons for Paladinin our specialized guide below:
Horde Paladin Trainers
- Noellene — Eversong Woods
- Jesthenis Sunstriker — Eversong Woods
- Ithelis — Silvermoon City
- Champion Bachi — Silvermoon City
- Osselan — Silvermoon City
- Master Pyreanor — Orgrimmar
- Champion Cyssa Dawnrose — Undercity
Alliance Paladin Trainers
- Aurelon — Azuremyst Isle
- Bromos Grummner — Dun Morogh
- Brother Sammuel — Elwynn Forest
- Tullas — Azuremyst Isle
- Vindicator Aesom — Bloodmyst Isle
- Kavaan — the Exodar
- Jol — the Exodar
- Baatun — the Exodar
- Brother Wilhelm — Elwynn Forest
- Brother Karman — Dustwallow Marsh
- Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker — Stormwind City
- Arthur the Faithful — Stormwind City
- Katherine the Pure — Stormwind City
- Azar Stronghammer — Dun Morogh
- Beldruk Doombrow — Ironforge
- Valgar Highforge — Ironforge
- Brandur Ironhammer — Ironforge
Paladin have some very important class quests for example your resurrection ability Redemption is only able to be learned after completing a Paladin class quest! check out our guide below on the important class quests for Paladin.
Paladin Addons and Macros
Addons and Macros can greatly improve your quality of life in Azeroth and Outland. Listed below are some of our recomendations on Addons and Macros to help get the most out of your time playing the game.
Paladin Guides for The Burning Crusade: Classic
Listed below are guides filled with information to help you play your Paladin optimally in the Burning Crusade expansion for Classic WoW.
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Holy Paladin Leveling Guide
- Holy Paladin Level 58 Boost Guide
- Protection Paladin Leveling Guide
- Protection Paladin Level 58 Boost Guide
- Retribution Paladin Leveling Guide
- Retribution Paladin Level 58 Boost Guide
You might also want to check out our full class guides, which teach you how to play your class at the new Level 70 cap!
- Retribution Paladin Guide
- Protection Paladin Guide
- Holy Paladin Guide
- Holy PvP Paladin Guide
- Retribution PvP Paladin Guide
- 17 May 2021: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Melee Hunter Guide - Hunter Melee Physical DPS
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC