TBC Classic Warrior Frost Resistance Gear Guide
On this page, we cover a separate gearset for Warriors in TBC Classic that is focused around maximizing your Frost resistance stat, which can be especially useful in specific scenarios. If you would like to see our other gear recommendations for Warriors, they are also linked below.
Frost Resistance Gear
Frost resistance gear will be needed in particular by the tank assigned to tanking Hydross the Unstable during his Frost Form phase. During this phase his melee attacks deal high Frost damage, so you will want a tank wearing a high amount of Frost resistance gear. This gear may also be used by an off tank who is assigned to tanking his adds, as they also deal Frost damage, but is not required. It may be useful for a DPS player to also know about some of these items.
All of the Epic-level Frost protection gear in TBC Classic is acquired via crafting. Some pieces are made by Blacksmithing, while a couple are made by Jewelcrafting. Combining these pieces of gear, some enchants, consumables, and raid buffs, you should easily be able to reach an acceptable level of Frost resistance.
In TBC Classic, the resistance cap for players against bosses is 365. Anything past 365 will be wasted. Combine the options listed below with your current gear to make the best set possible while maintaining the Defense cap (490) and staying as close to 365 as possible.
|Iceguard Helm||50||Head||Iceguard Helm — Blacksmithing|
|Pendant of Thawing||30||Neck||Pendant of Thawing — Jewelcrafting|
|Iceguard Breastplate||60||Chest||Iceguard Breastplate — Blacksmithing|
|Iceguard Leggings||60||Legs||Iceguard Leggings — Blacksmithing|
|The Frozen Eye||35||Finger||The Frozen Eye — Jewelcrafting|
Frost Resistance Enchants
In addition to the Frost resistance gear shown above, there are a handful of enchants that players can use to further increase their Frost resistance if needed.
- Glyph of Frost Warding
- Inscription of Endurance
- Frost Armor Kit
- Enchant Cloak - Major Resistance
- Enchant Shield - Frost Resistance
- Ice Guard
- Void Sphere
Frost Resistance Consumables
Players can also find Frost resistance through consumables. Some of these offer additional resistances, while some will absorb a moderate amount of Frost damage.
- Flask of Chromatic Wonder
- Broiled Bloodfin
- Major Frost Protection Potion
Frost Resistance Buffs
Lastly, one of the best ways to get some easy Frost resistance is to use some of the party-wide buffs available to your raid. Multiple different classes can buff you with up to 70 Frost resistance by simply using some of their lesser-used abilities. These abilities do not stack; only the strongest one will be applied.
- Gift of the Wild
- Frost Resistance Aura
- Frost Resistance Totem
Other Warrior Best in Slot (BiS) Lists
You can find links to our other Warrior gear lists for all of TBC Classic's tiers in our gear sections below.
If you are interested in seeing our recommendations for other resistances such as Fire, Nature, or Shadow, please do not hesitate to check them out as well.
- 14 Oct. 2021: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Burning Crusade Classic Post-Season 3 PvP Gear Acquisition Changes
- Recent Season of Mastery Bugs to Be Addressed
- Season of Mastery 1.14.3 PTR Dev Notes
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank