TBC Classic Enchanting Profession and Leveling 1-375 Guide
Enchanting is a very useful profession in TBC Classic. It is used to enhance your and others' equipment with powerful spells and to disenchant equipment that is no longer useful for components. Discover what is new in The Burning Crusade, how to level Enchanting, and where to get the best enchants from in this guide.
The Burning Crusade Enchanting Profession and Leveling Guide
In Tbc Classic, the Enchanting profession allows you to Disenchant most gear into its arcane components. These components can be used to Enchant your and others’ equipment or can instead be sold, usually for good profits, at the auction house.
You may also find that Enchanting can be used to complement your goldmaking in TBC Classic. For more information on this among other methods involving alternative professions, please see our separate guide on the topic:
Enchanting in TBC Classic has four main features:
- The skill level cap of Enchanting is 375. Higher-level enchanting rods are usable for lower level-enchants, which means at 375 skill you will have only one enchanting rod and can do any enchant with it.
- There are personal enchants, exclusively for your own rings.
- When Disenchanting items, certain Enchanting skill levels are required for each level of gear.
- Enchanting is generally considered to be one of the best professions for PvE and a good goldmaking profession.
Enchanting Training and Trainers
Skill levels 1-300 (Apprentice to Artisan) are taught by trainers in the capital cities of each faction. Talking to any city guard will open a dialogue window which can lead you to the profession trainers by showing a red flag on the map and an arrow on the minimap.
Skill levels 300-375 (Master) are learned in Outland through Johan Barnes (Honor Hold in Hellfire Peninsula, Alliance-only), Felannia (Thrallmar in Hellfire Peninsula, Horde-only), Asarnan (Stormspire in Netherstorm, any faction), and High Enchanter Bardolan (Scryer’s Library in Shattrath, any faction but exclusive to members of The Scryers).
You can Disenchant most Uncommon-, Rare-, and Epic-quality equipment. This spell for it can be found in your spell book. Each disenchanted item will give you different types and amounts of Dusts, Essences, Shards, or Crystals, depending on the Item Level of the disenchanted item. These materials are essential for Enchanting equipment. Uncommon armor pieces have a higher chance to disenchant into Dust, while Uncommon weapons have a higher chance to disenchant into Essences. Rare weapons and armor have a high chance to disenchant into a Shard and Epic items will disenchant into a Crystal most of the time. Very rarely, disenchanting high-level Rare items can give you Crystals. Some gear cannot be disenchanted at all.
In order to Disenchant items, you need a certain Enchanting skill level relative to each item's Level requirement. In practice that means that you cannot disenchant a high-level item if you have a low Enchanting skill level. This list will help you to determine which items you can disenchant at a given skill level:
|Uncommon- and Rare-Quality Equipment||Epic-Quality Equipment|
|Skill Required||Level Required to Equip||Skill Required||Level Required to Equip|
From Enchanting skill levels 1 to 60, you can receive skill-ups by Disenchanting low-level items.
This guide relies heavily on using Dusts and avoiding Essences where possible, because using Dusts is often the significantly-cheaper way of training Enchanting. Further, this guide will mostly opt for skill-ups with orange-level Enchants, which, compared to green- and yellow-quality enchants, guarantee you skill-ups. In order to quickly train Enchanting from 1 to 375, you will need the following materials:
- 1x Black Pearl
- 1x Golden Pearl
- 2x Void Crystal
- 2x Greater Mystic Essence
- 2x Greater Astral Essence
- 3x Greater Magic Essence
- 8x Greater Eternal Essence
- 8x Large Brilliant Shard
- 10x Lesser Nether Essence
- 10x Stranglethorn Seed
- 20x Lesser Planar Essence
- 30x Lesser Astral Essence
- 63x Large Prismatic Shard
- 90x Greater Planar Essence
- 114x Soul Dust
- 196x Strange Dust
- 189x Vision Dust
- 300x Dream Dust
- 365x Illusion Dust and 475x Arcane Dust, or 170x Illusion Dust and 563x Arcane Dust; use whichever are cheaper on your server or whichever you have more of.
- 1x Copper Rod — Obtained from an Enchanting Supplies vendor next to an Enchanting trainer
- 5x Leaded Vial — Obtained from a Enchanting Supplies vendor next to an Enchanting trainer
- 1x Fel Iron Rod — Created by Blacksmithing
- 1x Arcanite Rod — Created by Blacksmithing
- 1x Adamantite Rod — Created by Blacksmithing
- 1x Eternium Rod — Created by Blacksmithing
- 5x Primal Might — Created by Alchemy
Most of the following formulas are very common, being both cheap and easy to acquire either from a vendor or from the auction house. Some formulas are gated behind faction reputation. However, these reputations are a part of your normal reputation route for acquiring the keys needed to access Heroic dungeons anyway:
- Formula: Enchant Bracer - Minor Strength — Auction House
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Minor Agility — Auction House
- Formula: Enchant Bracer - Lesser Strength — Sold by Dalria in Astranaar, Ashenvale (Alliance) and Kulwia in Sunrock Retreat, Stonetalon Mountains (Horde)
- Formula: Lesser Wizard Oil — Sold by Enchanting Supplies vendors next to Enchanting Trainers.
- Formula: Enchant Bracer - Greater Stamina — Auction House
- Formula: Enchant Shield - Greater Stamina — Sold by Mythrin'dir in Darnassus (Alliance) and Daniel Bartlett in Undercity (Horde).
- Formula: Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense — Sold by Lorelae Wintersong in Moonglade.
- Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod — Sold by Lorelae Wintersong in Moonglade.
- Formula: Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina (if you go with the 355 Illusion Dust route) — Auction House
- Formula: Enchant Shield - Major Stamina — Sold by Madame Ruby, at Lower City in Shattrath.
- Formula: Runed Adamantite Rod — Sold by Vodesiin in Temple of Telhamat, Hellfire Peninsula (Alliance) and Rungor in Stonebreaker Hold, Terokkar Forest (Horde).
- Formula: Enchant Ring - Spellpower — Sold by Alurmi, the Keepers of Time Quartermaster in Caverns of Time.
- Formula: Enchant Ring - Healing Power — Sold by Almaador, the Sha'tari Quartermaster in Shattrath.
- Formula: Runed Eternium Rod — Sold by Madame Ruby, at Lower City in Shattrath.
After acquiring the materials and formulas above, the Enchanting trainers in the major cities of each faction are waiting for you to come by and start Enchanting.
In the following training path, “Learn” means to learn that skill from an Enchanting trainer while “Use” means that the skill is learned from an Enchanting formula.
1-75 Skill (Apprentice):
Move to one of the Enchanting trainers in the major cities of your faction and learn Enchanting.
- Skill Level 1 — Runed Copper Rod for 1 Strange Dust, 1 Lesser Magic Essence, and 1 Copper Rod.
- Skill levels 2-15 — Enchant Bracer - Minor Health for 1 Strange Dust.
- Skill Levels 15-70 — Learn Enchant Chest - Minor Health. Enchant chest for 1 Strange Dust.
70-135 Skill (Journeyman):
Learn Journeyman Enchanting from the Enchanting trainer.
- Skill Levels 70-100 — Learn Enchant Bracer - Minor Stamina. Enchant bracers for 3 Strange Dusts.
- Skill Level 100 — Learn Runed Silver Rod. Craft it for 6 Strange Dust, 1 Silver Rod, 3 Greater Magic Essence, and 1 Shadowgem.
- Skill Levels 101-105 — Use Formula: Enchant Bracer - Minor Strength. Enchant bracers for 5 Strange Dust
- Skill Levels 105-110 — Learn Enchant Shield - Minor Stamina. Enchant shield for 1 Lesser Astral Essence and 2 Strange Dust.
- Skill Levels 110-135 — Use Formula: Enchant Cloak - Minor Agility. Enchant cloak for 1 Lesser Astral Essence.
135-205 Skill (Expert)
Learn Expert Enchanting from the Enchanting trainer.
- Skill Levels 135-155 — Learn Enchant Bracer - Lesser Stamina. Enchant bracers for 2 Soul Dust.
- Skill Levels 155-165 — Use Formula: Enchant Bracer - Lesser Strength. Enchant bracers for 2 Soul Dust.
- Skill Level 165 — Learn Runed Golden Rod. Craft it for 1 Golden Rod and 1 Iridescent Pearl, 2 Greater Astral Essence, 2 Soul Dust.
- Skill Levels 166-180 — Learn Enchant Chest - Greater Health. Enchant chest for 3 Soul Dust.
- Skill Levels 180-200 — Learn Enchant Bracer - Strength. Enchant bracers for 1 Vision Dust.
- Skill Levels 200-205 — Use Formula: Lesser Wizard Oil. Craft them for 3 Vision Dust, 2 Stranglethorn Seed and 1 Leaded Vial.
205-300 Skill (Artisan)
Learn Artisan Enchanting from the Enchanting trainer.
- Skill Level 205 — Learn Runed Truesilver Rod. Craft it for 1 Truesilver Rod, 1 Black Pearl, 2 Greater Mystic Essence, and 2 Vision Dust.
- Skill Levels 206-225 — Learn Enchant Cloak - Greater Defense. Enchant cloak for 3 Vision Dust.
- Skill Levels 225-235 — Learn Enchant Boots - Stamina. Enchant boots for 5 Vision Dust.
- Skill Levels 235-240 — Learn Enchant Chest - Superior Health. Enchant chest for 6 Vision Dust.
- Skill Levels 240-245 — Learn Enchant Gloves - Strength. Enchant gloves for 2 Lesser Nether Essence and 3 Vision Dust.
- Skill Levels 245-265 — Use Formula: Enchant Bracer - Greater Stamina. Enchant bracers for 5 Dream Dust.
- Skill Levels 265-285 — Use Formula: Enchant Shield - Greater Stamina. Enchant shield for 10 Dream Dust.
- Skill Levels 285-300 — Use Formula: Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense. Enchant cloak for 8 Illusion Dust.
Congratulations, you are now an Artisan Enchanter! Move to one of the Outland Enchanting trainers.
300-375 Skill (Master)
Learn Master Enchanting from your Enchanting trainer.
- Skill Levels 300-305 — Learn Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense. Enchant cloak for 8 Illusion Dust.
- Skill Level 305 — Use Formula: Runed Arcanite Rod. Craft it for 1 Arcanite Rod, 1 Golden Pearl, 2 Large Brilliant Shard, 10 Illusion Dust, and 4 Greater Eternal Essence.
- Skill Level 306 — Learn Runed Fel Iron Rod. Craft it for 1 Fel Iron Rod, 4 Greater Eternal Essences, and 6 Large Brilliant Shard.
- Skill Levels 307-320 — If you have chosen to go with the 355x Illusion Dust and 295x Arcane Dust option, use Formula: Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina. Enchant bracers for 15 Illusion Dust.
- Skill Levels 307-315 — If you have chosen to go with the 160x Illusion Dust and 383x Arcane Dust option, learn Enchant Bracer - Brawn. Enchant bracers for 6 Arcane Dust.
- Skill Levels 315-320 — Learn Enchant Gloves - Assault and Enchant Cloak - Major Armor. Enchant either of these for 8 Arcane Dust.
- Skill Levels 320-325 — Learn Enchant Chest - Major Spirit. Enchant chest for 2 Greater Planar Essence.
- Skill Levels 325-335 — Use Formula: Enchant Shield - Major Stamina. Enchant shield for 15 Arcane Dust.
- Skill Levels 335-340 — Learn Enchant Shield - Resilience. Enchant shield for 1 Large Prismatic Shard and 4 Lesser Planar Essence.
- Levels 340-350 — Learn Enchant Gloves - Major Strength. Enchant gloves for 1 Greater Planar Essence and 12 Arcane Dust.
- Skill Level 350 — Use Formula: Runed Adamantite Rod. Craft it for 1 Adamantite Rod, 1 Primal Might, 8 Large Prismatic Shard, and 8 Greater Planar Essence.
- Skill Levels 351-360 — Enchant Enchant Gloves - Major Strength on gloves for 1 Greater Planar Essence and 12 Arcane Dust. This is the only yellow part of the enchanting route, as the alternatives are just much more expensive.
- Skill Levels 360-370 — Use Formula: Enchant Ring - Spellpower. Enchant your own ring for 2 Greater Planar Essence and 2 Large Prismatic Shard.
- Skill Levels 370-375 — Use Formula: Enchant Ring - Healing Power. Enchant your own ring for 2 Large Prismatic Shard, 3 Greater Planar Essence, and 5 Arcane Dust.
- Skill Level 375 — Use Formula: Runed Eternium Rod. Craft it for 1 Eternium Rod, 2 Void Crystal, 4 Primal Might, and 12 Greater Planar Essence.
Congratulations! You are now a Master Enchanter! You now have the skill to learn all enchants and the enchanting rod to apply them in TBC Classic.
Rare Recipes and Most Sought-After Enchants in TBC Classic
Most of the important enchanting formulas can either be acquired as reputation rewards from faction vendors, or they can drop from different mobs in Outland.
Here is a list of important faction formulas:
Apart from these formulas, there are also rare formulas from bosses, enemies, and world drops:
- 18 Sep. 2021: Fixed a bug with Runed Arcanite Rod.
- 07 Jun. 2021: Changed level 351-360 enchanting.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Fixed level 2-15 enchanting.
- 30 May 2021: Guide created.
More TBC Content
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Wrath Classic 3.4.2 PTR Schedule
- Official Support for Hardcore Classic Realms Coming Soon?
- New Sons of Hodir Tabard to Be Added to Wrath Classic