Brewmaster Monk Tank Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Brewmaster Monk in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics for Brewmaster Monk
Brewmaster is a sturdy brawler that combines great mobility with surprising sturdiness. While some of the talents can be a little complex in nature, we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the number of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising your ability to take a hit.
Talent Choice for Brewmaster Monk
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played well, these same talents often result in damage losses or more damage taken when utilized by less seasoned players. These talents aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Eye of the Tiger
- Level 30: Chi Torpedo
- Level 45: Light Brewing
- Level 60: Tiger Tail Sweep
- Level 75: Bob and Weave
- Level 90: Special Delivery
- Level 100: High Tolerance
Stat Choice for Brewmaster Monk
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:
- Critical Strike = Versatility;
Prioritize item level above all else, as Agility and Stamina are very valuable. Haste should be avoided whenever possible, but do not bother to drop item levels to do so.
Basic Rotation for Brewmaster Monk
- Cast Keg Smash when available.
- Cast Blackout Strike when available.
- Cast Tiger Palm if you have 65+ Energy.
- Cast Breath of Fire when available.
- Cast Expel Harm if you are dropping in health and cannot reach your Gift of the Ox orbs.
- Cast Fortifying Brew if you are about to take a large amount of damage.
You should make sure to not spend so much energy on Tiger Palm that you cannot cast Keg Smash when it is available. Following these steps will make sure you do as much damage as you can, and have enough Brews to maintain a solid defense.
It is very important to always have Ironskin Brew running, so you take less up-front damage. If you are using the default UI, you can easily monitor the time left on your Ironskin Brew by looking at the icon highlighted in purple:
If you have excess charges, use Purifying Brew to get rid of damage you have Staggered. You can see the level of stagger on the default UI. It is highlighted in the above image in red. The more the bar is filled, the more damage you are taking. Remember though, it is much more important to keep Ironskin Brew up than to Purify if you have low charges and it is running out.
Azerite Traits and Essences
The ideal Outer Ring trait setup is:
In the Middle Ring, just take the option which gives you the most stats, or a damage proc if you prefer that.
For the new Azerite Essences in Patch 8.2, the best choice for your Major slot is The Crucible of Flame, as it does high damage and can be used to heal yourself in a pinch. For Minors, use Worldvein Resonance and Conflict and Strife for some extra stats. If you do not wish to do PVP, then Sphere of Suppression or Nullification Dynamo are reasonable alternatives.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Updated stats and added Essences.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated stat priority section.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- Pet Battle Changes in 8.3: Visions of N'zoth (Official Preview)
- N'Zoth Raid Testing Streams
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- Patch 8.2.5 and Classic Hotfixes: November 13th
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- What’s the better PC?
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk