TBC Classic Tailoring Profession and Leveling 1-375 Guide
Tailoring offers many different gear options throughout all Phases of TBC Classic, with many of them being best-in-slot for some specialisations.
In this guide, we will show you all the different gear available to Tailoring, how to train the profession, unlock its different specializations, and many other things.
Tailoring is one of the most powerful and game changing Professions in TBC. It allows you to make extremely strong armor sets that many classes like Warlocks, Priests, Mages, and even some Shamans and Druids, use these sets for both their caster specs and their healing specs. Some powerful sets like Spellfire Set, Frozen Shadoweave, Primal Mooncloth, and even BiS enchants like Runic Spellthread, new bags, and so much more are available to tailors.
You may also find that Tailoring can be used to complement your goldmaking in TBC Classic. For more information on this among other methods involving alternative professions, please see our separate guide on the topic:
Changes from Classic to TBC
Not much changes from Classic to TBC in terms of leveling up your Tailoring profession 1-300, but 300-375 is quite a bit different than what you may be used to from Classic. The main cloth that you can expect to use during your Tailoring adventures in TBC is Netherweave Cloth. This will be used to craft all3 sorts of cloth, including some very important ones like Bolt of Imbued Netherweave, which is used to make very important Tailoring pieces, Bolt of Soulcloth, which is vital for Shadow Resistance gear that you will need later in Black Temple. There is also the all-important Specialization gear, which includes Spellcloth, Shadowcloth, and Primal Mooncloth.
Where to Train Tailoring
For Classic, there are now Tailoring trainers located at all major Cities and will be able to teach you Tailoring from Apprentice to Artisan.
For the new TBC Specializations, all the trainers are located in Shattrath City in the Lower City district and they are all also located relatively close to each other. Take note that this is also where the Mana Loom is, which will be needed to craft Bolt of Imbued Netherweave.
- Shadoweave Specialist Quest — Becoming a Shadoweave Tailor from Andrion Darkspinner, located at 66.6 67.2
- Spellfire Specialist Quest — Becoming a Spellfire Tailor from Gidge Spellweaver, located at 6.6 68.6
- Mooncloth Specialist Quest — Becoming a Mooncloth Tailor from Nasmara Moonsong, located at 66.4 69.0
Tailoring had 3 specialisations introduced to it in TBC Classic, each having their own role and use. Shadoweave Tailoring, Spellfire Tailoring, and Mooncloth Tailoring are each used on their own to create extremely powerful sets of gear that will carry them easily into T4 and, for some, even into T5.
Once you reach 350, you can choose to train as one of these Specializations by simply going to Shattrath City in Outland and selecting one, leading to a simple quest. While you can make any of these cloths as a Tailor, if you are one of these specializations you can craft TWO rather than just one. This is huge because, with each craft, there is a very long cooldown and this doubles your amount of speciality cloth!
Along with the double craft on cloth, each specialization has a special set of armor that they can craft and each set comes with superb stats, a ton of sockets, and even a set bonus.
- 3-set Primal Mooncloth: Primal Mooncloth Robe,
Primal Mooncloth Belt, Primal Mooncloth Shoulders
- Set bonus: increases your Spell Power, restores Mana every 5 seconds. Set bonus: Allows 5% of your mana to regenerate while casting.
- 3-set Frozen Shadoweave: Frozen Shadoweave Shoulders,
Frozen Shadoweave Boots, Frozen Shadoweave Robe
- Set bonus: your Frost and Shadow damage spells heal you for 2% of the damage they deal.
- 3-set Spellfire Set: Spellfire Belt, Spellfire Gloves,
- Set bonus: increases Spell Power and Critical Strike and your Spell Damage by up to 7% of your Intellect.
In order to be a Shadoweave Tailor, you must find Andrion Darkspinner at 66.6, 67.2 and get the quest Becoming a Shadoweave Tailor. He will then send you out to Shadowmoon Valley to an altar called the Altar of Shadows. After that, simply head back to Shattrath and Andrion Darkspinner will then teach you Shadoweave Tailoring, allowing you to craft Shadowcloth.
In order to be a Spellfire Tailor, you must find Gidge Spellweaver located at 6.6, 68.6 and pick up the quest Becoming a Spellfire Tailor. She will then give you Nether-wraith Beacon, which you must take out to Area 52 in Netherstorm, where you use the item and it will summon a Furious Nether-wraith that you then must kill, dropping a Nether-wraith Essence. Bring that Essence back to Gidge Spellweaver and she will teach you Spellfire Tailoring.
In order to be a Mooncloth Tailor, you must find Nasmara Moonsong located at 66.4, 69.0 and pick up the quest Becoming a Mooncloth Tailor. He will then give you Sample of Primal Mooncloth, which you must take to Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh, where you will then have to imbue the sample on the moonwell located in the middle of Cenarion Refuge. Once done, you can return to Lower City in Shattrath and Nasmara Moonsong will then teach you Mooncloth Tailoring. This also allows you to craft the powerful Primal Mooncloth Set.
Leveling Tailoring (1-300))
Very little has changed in the process of leveling Tailoring from 1-300, so the information contained within our Classic guide is still very relevant. If you need to level from 1-300, you can do so with the help of the guide, which is linked below.
Leveling Tailoring (300-375)
Below is a list of the materials you will need to level your Tailoring from 300 to 375.
- 2040 – 2160 Netherweave Cloth
- 240 – 480 Arcane Dust
- 20 Knothide Leather
- 25 - 40 Netherweb Spider Silk
You will want to craft Bolt of Netherweave until you reach skill level 325.
From 325 to 340, you will be crafting Bolt of Imbued Netherweave.
From 340 to 350, you will be crafting Netherweave Robe.
From 350 to 360, you will be crafting Netherweave Tunic.
From 360 to 375, you will be crafting Imbued Netherweave Tunic.
- 03 Jun. 2021: Page added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?